Seemingly trivial things that annoy you

Comments

• morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Oh, and the seats in Bolton are tiny. Understandable when you consider it's like walking around Lilliput if you ever go there.
  • morstar
    They're like real people, only smaller.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    morstar said:

Meanwhile...
    https://www.lancs.live/news/uk-world-news/pink-gig-total-utter-chaos-27078501?fbclid=IwAR15tA1MX_GAw2qw-KkRq-GsxiJus1-DDZkNLWJpxG-4SHpidT5Cw5pgcEQ

So apart from getting in and out of concerts being impossible...

Do have to say I regretted parking at Bolton Wanderers for a killers concert, total free for all leaving which just slows everything more than it needs to be. Plus they charged double the rate they do for match day parking and more than you ever pay in Manchester.

I heard of another gig where they parked everyone in huge fields, nose to tail, no 'alleyways' between rows etc.

They organised them all in, but then left everyone to it getting out. People were still there at 5am next day.

The older I get, the better I was.

• morstar
    capt_slog said:

morstar said:

Meanwhile...
    https://www.lancs.live/news/uk-world-news/pink-gig-total-utter-chaos-27078501?fbclid=IwAR15tA1MX_GAw2qw-KkRq-GsxiJus1-DDZkNLWJpxG-4SHpidT5Cw5pgcEQ

So apart from getting in and out of concerts being impossible...

Do have to say I regretted parking at Bolton Wanderers for a killers concert, total free for all leaving which just slows everything more than it needs to be. Plus they charged double the rate they do for match day parking and more than you ever pay in Manchester.

I heard of another gig where they parked everyone in huge fields, nose to tail, no 'alleyways' between rows etc.

They organised them all in, but then left everyone to it getting out. People were still there at 5am next day.
    It doesn’t surprise me.

That’s what annoyed me most at Killers and presumably the other night for Pink.
    They charge a premium rate for parking but then have no staff to assist/co-ordinate exiting. What exactly are you paying for?

If you’re expecting to leave quickly, obviously you’re deluded. But if you pay a premium, you’d expect at least some sort of organisation.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,632
    Americans on holiday.
  • rakkor
    rakkor Posts: 53

Americans on holiday.

Ah but you can annoy them back by pointing out the fact that this is your second two week holiday this year.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,525
    Booking plane tickets. Trading derivatives is easier.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,632
    rakkor said:

Americans on holiday.

Ah but you can annoy them back by pointing out the fact that this is your second two week holiday this year.
    Alas by the time they’ve made it this far they’re usually pretty rich and they’re on a grand tour of southern Europe.

It’s more they’re culturally wired to ignore local customs beyond treating them like a tourist attraction.

A tourist is never gonna get it all, I get that, but there are levels.
  • TheBigBean

rakkor said:

Americans on holiday.

Alas by the time they’ve made it this far they’re usually pretty rich and they’re on a grand tour of southern Europe.

It’s more they’re culturally wired to ignore local customs beyond treating them like a tourist attraction.

A tourist is never gonna get it all, I get that, but there are levels.
    Often popular with the locals though because of the tipping.
  • TheBigBean
    A broken washing machine with clothes in it.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,521

Ah, the morning's domestic tasks not quite going to plan then?
  • TheBigBean

That was two days ago. Now in the laundrette. It's under guarantee which means more trivial pain arranging for it to be fixed, but not being able to open the door is really irritating me.
  • briantrumpet

That was two days ago. Now in the laundrette. It's under guarantee which means more trivial pain arranging for it to be fixed, but not being able to open the door is really irritating me.
    Ah, it's just sitting there, holding your clothes hostage, laughing at you.
  • TheBigBean

Yes that whilst letting them get mouldy.
  • briantrumpet
    edited June 2023

Yes that whilst letting them get mouldy.

Bastärd.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    Some types of machinery you have to coax and cajole. A bit like getting an old dog to move/go for a walk.
    ...and other types of machinery you have to just give it the what for.

Perhaps this washing machine needs a bloody good talking to.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • TheBigBean
    pinno said:

Some types of machinery you have to coax and cajole. A bit like getting an old dog to move/go for a walk.

Most washing machines have a release mechanism. Mine is unfortunately located in a warranty voiding position.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,088

pinno said:

Most washing machines have a release mechanism. Mine is unfortunately located in a warranty voiding position.
    Are you able to name names to avoid future disappointment.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,613

pinno said:

Have you tried turning off and on again?
    Seriously though, try unplugging it and the locking mechanism will power down* and it might unlock. Pushing the door inwards can also free it up.

* This may take time.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692

pinno said:

I was going to ask that, seems ridiculous and not particularly trivial for you.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    Not trivial I know if one falls for it but attempted scammer mini wave today, from emails with pseudo realistic addresses confirming change of account bank details to phone call. Latter got short shrift abuse. Too bleepin' hot to be involved in such like.
  • TheBigBean
    rjsterry said:

pinno said:

It's a Samsung, but I don't think it is uncommon.
    masjer said:

pinno said:

Seriously though, try unplugging it and the locking mechanism will power down* and it might unlock. Pushing the door inwards can also free it up.

* This may take time.
    It currently has no power and hasn't for two days... and it is still locked. I have drained down the drum and tried every internet trick I could find except opening it up to access the release.

I have wondered whether my fusebox is being overly sensitive and whether there is a bit of tech that will power the machine for long enough to open the door and not trip the fusebox. But that's probably a really bad idea.

I'm guessing the lock and the mechanism that powers it has failed completely.

Anyway, laundrette was pleasant enough.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    Failing to remember to scroll down to “recent discussions” instead of up to “forum home”.
    Old dog, new tricks etc. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

rjsterry said:

pinno said:

masjer said:

pinno said:

* This may take time.
    It currently has no power and hasn't for two days... and it is still locked. I have drained down the drum and tried every internet trick I could find except opening it up to access the release.

I have wondered whether my fusebox is being overly sensitive and whether there is a bit of tech that will power the machine for long enough to open the door and not trip the fusebox. But that's probably a really bad idea.

Did you wash your Levi’s while sitting in your white boxers.😎
  • briantrumpet

rjsterry said:

pinno said:

masjer said:

pinno said:

* This may take time.

But was she beautiful?
  • briantrumpet
    I'm not sure we're being terribly helpful here.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    We could have suggested that big bean some how tripped and put his foot through the washing machine door and therefore could claim for a domestic accident. But where’s the fun in that.
  • pinno
    webboo said:

We could have suggested that big bean some how tripped and put his foot through the washing machine door and therefore could claim for a domestic accident. But where’s the fun in that.

...and glass on top of the mouldy washing?
  • pinno

I'm not sure we're being terribly helpful here.

Call it morale boosting.
  • morstar
    Lost my Tesco club card years ago but don’t really shop there so never bothered replacing.

We have a small opening nearby which will inevitably get some use as it is walkable.

Tried to replace club card.

“To reduce plastic waste, why not use the app?”

Sure, that makes sense.

“To activate the app, enter these numbers from your club card.”

But I don’t have the club card.
    Order replacement.

“To reduce plastic…”

And then they even ask why you ‘want’ a plastic one when you follow the reorder route.

I made a point of saying I don’t want a plastic one.