Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    pinno said:

morstar said:

Shower curtains.
    Me: Turn on the water…
    Shower Curtain: Coming to wrap you up like cling film

It is so easy and not that expensive to fit a shower screen.
    Visit your local Screwfix. I installed one for less than £100.
    Exactly.
    Shower curtains are the work of the devil.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    pinno said:

We're on the opposite side:

Put a very good junior bed up for sale with mattress protector, mattress, pillow and loads of bed linen if they wanted it.
    It was an IKEA bed where delivery here now stands at £60. Total cost of a new bed + linen + mattress + delivery was in excess of £300. The bed was immaculate. We listed dimensions.
    A £60 initial price tag yielded nothing.
    Sold for £45 and I had to deliver and assemble it.

Now jnr bed number 2 is up for sale. We get "Is this still for sale?" and we reply in the affirmative then... nothing. Diddley squat.
    So we're sat there thinking do they want to come and see it etc etc. So you say "Do you want to come and see it?". Nothing, no reply.

It is ironic that the proliferation in media which is fundamentally a communication tool but people don't know how to communicate.

I use ebay with no lower limit as I see it as free disposal, any money is a bonus
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,666

Ringing my fooooking dentist!!!!! grrrrrrr >:)

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,602

They probably turn the phones off for a while around half 2
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,527

pinno said:

Put a very good junior bed up for sale with mattress protector, mattress, pillow and loads of bed linen if they wanted it.
    It was an IKEA bed where delivery here now stands at £60. Total cost of a new bed + linen + mattress + delivery was in excess of £300. The bed was immaculate. We listed dimensions.

Now jnr bed number 2 is up for sale. We get "Is this still for sale?" and we reply in the affirmative then... nothing. Diddley squat.
    So we're sat there thinking do they want to come and see it etc etc. So you say "Do you want to come and see it?". Nothing, no reply.

It is ironic that the proliferation in media which is fundamentally a communication tool but people don't know how to communicate.

I use ebay with no lower limit as I see it as free disposal, any money is a bonus
    I did that with an old bike frame and someone bought it for 50p. Fine, but he then ignored any attempts to get him to pick it up for quite a while which was annoying.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,666
    pangolin said:

They probably turn the phones off for a while around half 2
    Constantly! Been ringing since 2:15 till now. Every 10 minutes. Just rings and rings and rings and rings....... Only want to find out why they have postponed my appointment YET AGAIN! Not seen a dentist since the end of 2021. Not that I have dire need but it would be nice for a checkup. I pay to see the hygenist once a year and she says my detal hygene is fine so doesn't have any concerns. But still!!!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• pangolin
    Long stretch of a quite busy road got surface dressed a few days ago. Surface dressing, whilst annoying, is not the issue.

A lot of the road had double yellow lines. These are now covered up, I assume to be repainted soon. But people have immediately begun parking wherever they want, creating lots of pinch points and queues.

Made me think of the people saying we didn't need laws during covid and we could trust people to use their common sense.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    common sense is a misnomer if ever there was one.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    edited May 2023

pinno said:

It wasn't on ebay, it was on faceache.
    For a large item like a bed in this rural location, people are not going to pay postage fees.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    pinno said:

morstar said:

Shower curtains.
    Me: Turn on the water…
    Shower Curtain: Coming to wrap you up like cling film

It is so easy and not that expensive to fit a shower screen.
    Visit your local Screwfix. I installed one for less than £100.
    Not my house but thank you anyway.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,694
    Did they invest in Bitcoin at the peak or something?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644
    The “lib dem” council hasn’t really doen much in 18 days
  • First.Aspect

Well yes I got that part. What I'm struggling with is how you manage to lose more than 100 times as much money than you have.

I mean that's a hell of a LTVR.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    "Surrey Heath Liberal Democrats
    @SurreyHeathLDs
    ·
    13h
    If you read further down that article in the Mail, you'll see that this is a problem the new LD administration has inherited from the previous long standing Tory incumbents."
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pangolin

It is astonishing how many of the replies don't get that
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • First.Aspect
    pangolin said:

They will publish a clarification at the bottom of page 23 in 3 weeks time.
  • surrey_commuter
    pinno said:

pinno said:

It wasn't on ebay, it was on faceache.
    For a large item like a bed in this rural location, people are not going to pay postage fees.
    That is why I said eBay.

Collection only if nobody buys it is firewood or dump run.
  • surrey_commuter

Well yes I got that part. What I'm struggling with is how you manage to lose more than 100 times as much money than you have.

I mean that's a hell of a LTVR.

I imagine it is the drum I keep banging on about property development.

Their job is to empty the bins if they wrongly spend £2bn they should go to prison.

The undercurrent I get from property developers is that the council mugs buy the sh1t in their own area that is unsellable.

It is a classic case of people underestimating how thick they are.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Councillors and politicians are motivated by a desire to impart their way of life on others.

Commercial acumen, if it is present, is merely a lucky coincidence. I guess councils don’t even have the equivalent of a civili service adjusting for their stupidity.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,153
    edited May 2023

pangolin said:

It really is something that the press regulator should make them clarify in bold on the front page and fine them but obviously it won’t happen with the way press regulation works.

The Lib Dems should probably sue them.
  • Pross
    Having a cold and hay fever at the same time
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    edited May 2023
    You're by the roadside fettling with your bike and all is not going well. A rider slowly approaches and asks if everything is ok. You say "no", and they slowly ride on, as if they hadn't said anything or heard a reply.

• surrey_commuter
    Pross said:

pangolin said:

It really is something that the press regulator should make them clarify in bold on the front page and fine them but obviously it won’t happen with the way press regulation works.

The Lib Dems should probably sue them.
    I am pretty sure there is no press regulator
  • Pross
    Well, there’s IPSO but they don’t really do much from what I can tell.
  • TheBigBean
    The rampant march of technology. My season ticket card sits in my wallet and works very well. From next season it's all going digital and the only options are Google Pay and Apple Pay. I don't have or want either. How did two companies end up controlling everything?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604

The rampant march of technology. My season ticket card sits in my wallet and works very well. From next season it's all going digital and the only options are Google Pay and Apple Pay. I don't have or want either. How did two companies end up controlling everything?

Sounds like an opportunity to save yourself both money and disappointment next season ;)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969

Google may be able to answer that.
    Sorry. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • TheBigBean
    Stevo_666 said:

Sounds like an opportunity to save yourself both money and disappointment next season ;)
    I'm not going to do that, but there's a lot I don't like about football at the moment. Seemingly trivial things.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644
    edited May 2023

Which franchise?

You know I’m here for the train rants