Comments

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,703
    Inversion table?
    Reiki?
    Homeopathy?
  • First.Aspect
    Bike fit. Surely that'll fix everything.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Have you tried laying crystals on your self.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,542
    A neighbour did actually drop in the Aldi equivalent of a Shakti mat (a kind of mini, plastic bed of nails) - to be fair, as I'm spending a lot of time lying down in between kitchen and toilet visits today, I thought I might as well give it a try. A bit weird, but not unpleasant after the first few minutes. Not sure if I was supposed to chant something at the same time...
  • First.Aspect

A neighbour did actually drop in the Aldi equivalent of a Shakti mat (a kind of mini, plastic bed of nails) - to be fair, as I'm spending a lot of time lying down in between kitchen and toilet visits today, I thought I might as well give it a try. A bit weird, but not unpleasant after the first few minutes. Not sure if I was supposed to chant something at the same time...

"Ow ow ow"?

What you really need Brian is someone both willing, sadistic and with pointy elbows or very strong thumbs.
  • Speaking of trivial things that annoy me, the use of this phrase…

In an ideal world everyone would be blind to race. …

Who’s version of ideal? Yours, or are alternatives allowed? It’s often used by people who assume their version of what ideal might be is the One Truth and any dissent will not be tolerated. There’s roughly 8 billion people in this world. I’d be reasonably sure a survey of what an “ideal world” might be would elicit more than one definition in reply.

In any case, it doesn’t and never will exist, because if it did it would cease to be the ideal and become the real world, no?

surely the inverse of In an ideal world everyone would be blind to race. …

would be
    In an ideal world everyone would be a racist

I think I will choose TBB's version of utopia over yours
    Just so I am clear, @surrey_commuter can you confirm you are calling me a racist? Or did you simply not read my earlier post correctly?
    I never called you a racist, but yes it seems I misinterpreted your post and am sorry for any offence caused.
  • Finding a beetroot juice on the the kitchen floor and bottom half of the fridge from a jar, complete with poorly tightened lid, on its side.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    Mini Cheddars? These are Mini Red Leicesters surely

• briantrumpet

Finding a beetroot juice on the the kitchen floor and bottom half of the fridge from a jar, complete with poorly tightened lid, on its side.

Even more annoying if it's stained the plastic in the fridge, or the floor.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    de_sisti said:

The next time someone asks me if I was born in this country, I will not be as polite with my response as I was on previous occasions.

Were you born in this country ? :smiley:
    (I wasn't and i'm proud/glad of it).

I have been here for years - born in Kenya*. Well, I say here I have lived daan souf and then came back and went West Scandiwegia way and then went away again and then came back but still occasionally I get 'yer noo fe aroon' here are ye?' or the worse one (and they don't even know how insulting it is) 'Ye dinny belong here though, de ye?'.

I like telling them 'Yes I did come up the Clyde in a banana boat'. F*cks them off.

*I have had:
    Why aren't you black?
    Did you live in a mud hut?
    'Did you like Africa? ...then if you like it so much, why don't you fcuking well go back?'
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    edited January 2023
    Pretty much every day I see some cluckbait like this from the Daily Express. I don’t click to see the detail but suspect it is some amateur meteorologist that they quote and it is never supported by any respectable source.

Edit - there’s some heavy snow showers forecast for early next week in the towns at the top end of the valleys around here so not a complete fabrication for a change but not exactly snow blanketing the country.
  • First.Aspect
    Here are a few more.....

New highway code changes mean cyclists face fines of up to £2500.

New laws motorists mean motorists could be charged thousands.

Press this button in your car that no one knows about and save ££££ on fuel.

Vote for the Conservative party.
  • briantrumpet
    Pross said:

Pretty much every day I see some cluckbait like this from the Daily Express. I don’t click to see the detail but suspect it is some amateur meteorologist that they quote and it is never supported by any respectable source.

Quite correct - it's Nathan Rao quoting 'Exacta Weather' loon James Madden. They've been doing this routine for years, and it never changes. At least these days Madden doesn't have a website trying to sell subscriptions to his 'weather service'.

The Express are still disingenuous in conflating Madden's extremist warnings with more sensible ones from the Met Office and others, trying to disguise the fact that he has no qualifications or expertise at all to give weather forecasts.

• Pross

Here are a few more.....

Is that the one that turns the engine off?
  • First.Aspect
    Pross said:

Here are a few more.....

No, I think it's the air conditioning. Most motorists don't know there's a button for that. And if they switch it off they save more power even than a ceramicspeed jockey wheel.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976
    edited January 2023
    Pross said:

Here are a few more.....

🤣. My guess is the recirculation button.
    That was highlighted in other media during the summer.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • First.Aspect
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/leading-american-university-removes-the-word-field-because-it-is-racist/ar-AA16eN0o?li=BBoPWjQ

I think if all words avoided, no offence can be caused.

Precisely how arable farmers will be able to operate is beyond me.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/leading-american-university-removes-the-word-field-because-it-is-racist/ar-AA16eN0o?li=BBoPWjQ

:D

Maybe those university people need to go on a course.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno

Re name farmers?: Turnip engineer or... Wheat growing facility procurement custodian.
  • Christmas cards from moonpig just arrived.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Clothes shops that have enough rack space for 4XL, 3XL, 2XL but not XS.
  • Pross

More a reflection on the health of the nation.
  • briantrumpet

And at my end of the price range, if I go into Primark for some disposable trousers and the one size they haven't got is mine. I almost wonder if they remove the most common sizes to make you go in a few times.

On the other hand, I sometimes just look at the XL trouser sizes in astonishment, while I'm there. I just can't imagine being that big, however hard I try.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293

And at my end of the price range, if I go into Primark for some disposable trousers and the one size they haven't got is mine. I almost wonder if they remove the most common sizes to make you go in a few times.

On the other hand, I sometimes just look at the XL trouser sizes in astonishment, while I'm there. I just can't imagine being that big, however hard I try.
    I keep a pair of 46" waist joggers to remind me of how fat I'd gotten.

Currently renting them out to a family of 4 as a tent.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,479

XL is my standard size. I know I'm overweight but by no means enormous. If I got down to a medium I'd look quite gaunt. 36 waist is pretty standard for me in other trouser measurements.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,976
    Tashman said:

XL is my standard size. I know I'm overweight but by no means enormous. If I got down to a medium I'd look quite gaunt. 36 waist is pretty standard for me in other trouser measurements.
    Not wanting to be the bearer of bad news so take this as an advisory warning.
    Do not use a tape measure to measure your waist. it will only lead to disappointment.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • briantrumpet
    Tashman said:

It's the ones like 44+ that make me wonder... there's XL, then there's XL....
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,479
    pblakeney said:

Tashman said:

Not wanting to be the bearer of bad news so take this as an advisory warning.
    Do not use a tape measure to measure your waist. it will only lead to disappointment.
    That's the size of trousers that fit me. Can't remember when I last physically measured myself :D
  • Pross
    I can comfortably get into a 34" waist and occasionally a 32" but when I've been measurd for suits waist has been 36". Clothing sizes have been amended to flatter the purchaser, I suspect even more so with women's sizes.
  • pinno
    Yep ^.

I am almost always an M but recently have found that I have bought S/M as the usual M looks far to big and it is.
    I got Mrs P some clothing for xmas. She's between 10 and 12 and the 12 I bought is far too big.