The 'let it all out' thread - who do you hate the most?

Comments

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Surprised Fat Pat hasn't got more votes...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,385
    Dave_1 wrote:
    I hate Verbruggen most cause of what he did to Obree.

What he did to Obree set whole new limits for outright utter pettiness and spitefulness. Bastard.

You make very good points today Dave!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    ddraver wrote:
    You make very good points today Dave!

Eh? I thought Richmond racer has a tuppence? :shock:
  • ddraver
    I'm sure he can bask in Dave_1's reflected glory...
    - @ddraver
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Dave_1 wrote:

What he did to Obree set whole new limits for outright utter pettiness and spitefulness. Bastard.

What did he do to him?
  • ddraver
    WHAAAAATTTT???

Download "the flying Scotsman" at once (book or film). Saying things like that is sacrilege to British Cyclists!

;)
    - @ddraver
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    ddraver wrote:
    It's more of this attitude of "meh riders are so boring, they never sy anything and don't have personalities anymo....

What a rider with a personality just said something? KILL!! MAIM!! PERSECUTE!!! HOW DARE HE HAVE AN OPINION!! WHO THE HELL DOES HE THINK HE IS?!"

What? Why does it have to be as black and white as that? That's like wishing there were more interesting characters in cycling and then when some 'character' decides to wear a clown suit instead of lycra saying "well we did call for more interesting characters so I guess we have to applaud him." No. Just because someone isn't boring doesn't mean they can't be an idiot.
  • This thread is cracking me up. "I hate a guy who rides a bike because he doesn't act like I want him to or say the things I want him to say" or " I hate a guy who rides a bike because he took advantage of the system...like everyone tries to do in every sport...but he is different."

I didn't vote because it was made clear to me by the powers that be that I can't say anything negative about the home team, any of its riders or the excuses made for them.

Yep, I was given a temporary ban, that just happened to last the rest of the Tour, after saying unflattering things about the home team, its riders and bullshit excuses being made for them...while others were not disciplined for attacking and insulting me at every turn.

Perhaps I'll post here on this forum again, perhaps not. Personally I think there is some excellent talk and posters, but the 99-05 USPS/Discovery defenders style of moderation makes me think I won't.
  • ddraver
    Holy Sugar Boys, Look who's back!!!
    - @ddraver
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,308
    ddraver wrote:

It seems he somehow he managed to get the nails out of the palms of his hands.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • MrTapir
    ddraver wrote:
    WHAAAAATTTT???

Download "the flying Scotsman" at once (book or film). Saying things like that is sacrilege to British Cyclists!

;)

A thousand apologies sir *grovel grovel* alright alright bear with me.

Oh the rule change thing? What a c-word.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    WHAAAAATTTT???

;)

A thousand apologies sir *grovel grovel* alright alright bear with me.

Oh the rule change thing? What a c-word.

No hang on, just looked on a youtube video and it says Verbruggen physically stopped Obree from riding once he was on the track. In lieu of me getting the aforementioned book or film, would you explain this? no more than a few sentences will suffice
  • MrTapir wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

What did he do to him?

*faints*
    :)
  • MrTapir
    Its ok everyone, I've schooled myself in this grievous matter. Can I change to Verbruggen? As much as I unexplainably dont like Valverde, Verbruggen is ACTUALLY EVIL.
  • ddraver wrote:
    I'm sure he can bask in Dave_1's reflected glory...

Basking as we speak :)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,929
    edited November 2012
    MrTapir wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

What did he do to him?

*faints*

As a newbie I didn't know that Verburggen was *that* man from the UCI either.

I don't know that the fans of any other sport take such an interest in the people administering the sport (as opposed to the people running their *own* clubs).
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    This thread is cracking me up. "I hate a guy who rides a bike because he doesn't act like I want him to or say the things I want him to say" or " I hate a guy who rides a bike because he took advantage of the system...like everyone tries to do in every sport...but he is different."

I didn't vote because it was made clear to me by the powers that be that I can't say anything negative about the home team, any of its riders or the excuses made for them.

Yep, I was given a temporary ban, that just happened to last the rest of the Tour, after saying unflattering things about the home team, its riders and bullshit excuses being made for them...while others were not disciplined for attacking and insulting me at every turn.

Perhaps I'll post here on this forum again, perhaps not. Personally I think there is some excellent talk and posters, but the 99-05 USPS/Discovery defenders style of moderation makes me think I won't.

Sorry fella. Rick Chasey wasn't included in the poll.*

Main thing is you're taking it well.

(Maybe if I start a similar thread in Commuting or Cake Stop I'll include him ;) )
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

What did he do to him?

*faints*

As a newbie I didn't know that Verburggen was *that* man from the UCI either.

I don't know that the fans of any other sport take such an interest in the people administering the sport (as opposed to the people running their *own* clubs).

Sepp Blatter? I know a few football fans who are quite militantly against him.
  • joe.90
    joe.90 Posts: 171
    coriordan wrote:
    Pricks who don't allow over-enthusiastic newcomers into their sport because they are so high and mighty

Completely agree, cycling is full of em!!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,585
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    This thread is cracking me up. "I hate a guy who rides a bike because he doesn't act like I want him to or say the things I want him to say" or " I hate a guy who rides a bike because he took advantage of the system...like everyone tries to do in every sport...but he is different."

(Maybe if I start a similar thread in Commuting or Cake Stop I'll include him ;) )

What am I defending?
  • ddraver wrote:

It seems he somehow he managed to get the nails out of the palms of his hands.

Happy chap isn't he.
    It must have been like having all his Christmas's come at once when Wiggo won the tour and Lance got stripped of all 7. :lol:
  • Lance would have been top for me but now the truth is out and he's been sanctioned, Contador stands out.

Crossing the line and holding up 7 fingers was like giving one big finger to the WADA and clean cycling.

The fact he is setting up a team while he still acts this way is disgusting.

His team doesn't have the points to be included in the Pro Tour, so I for one hope the UCI show commitment to change their reputation and reduce Saxo Tinkoff to Pro continental level.

Saxo would get an invite for the vuelta and Contador could carry on were he left off.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    Lance would have been top for me but now the truth is out and he's been sanctioned...
    Crossing the line and holding up 7 fingers was like giving one big finger to the WADA and clean cycling.
    On one hand as well!
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited November 2012
    Lance would have been top for me but now the truth is out and he's been sanctioned, Contador stands out.

His team doesn't have the points to be included in the Pro Tour, so I for one hope the UCI show commitment to change their reputation and reduce Saxo Tinkoff to Pro continental level.

Saxo would get an invite for the vuelta and Contador could carry on were he left off.

That would only mean that we wouldn't get to see someone else from the Pro Conti racing with the top teams as
    Saxo would get invites to pretty much anything they would like to participate in - even though they would only be a Pro Conti team.

Saxo-Tinkoff is way too big to be a Pro Conti team.
  • LeePaton
    LeePaton Posts: 353
    FrAndy. Both about me so much it hurts.
    It's not so much about winning, I just hate losing.
  • ThomThom wrote:
    Lance would have been top for me but now the truth is out and he's been sanctioned, Contador stands out.

That would only mean that we wouldn't get to see someone else from the Pro Conti racing with the top teams as
    Saxo would get invites to pretty much anything they would like to participate in - even though they would only be a Pro Conti team.

Saxo-Tinkoff is way too big to be a Pro Conti team.

Do you think ASO would give them an invite?
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Yes.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,231
    ddraver wrote:
    No-one else joining in the bandwagon fan hatred?

:(

No, I'm afraid you re very much on your own there Rick. Most of us think more people cycling is a good thing.

I'm fine if they bow down to 'real' fan's (i.e. me) superior knowledge, rather than sneering about sh!t that is plainly wrong.
    joe.90 wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    Pricks who don't allow over-enthusiastic newcomers into their sport because they are so high and mighty

Completely agree, cycling is full of em!!
    What am I defending?

Erm... yourself, if the previous posts are anything to go by.

I can completely understand how the lofty Heights of Righteousness might cause vertigo and confusion, though...I regularly visit its twin tower of Pompous Superiority. I'm hoping they'll issue round trip tickets that'll also include entry to La-Di-Da Peaks and Ooh, Get You Cliffs...
  • tailwindhome
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    RANT RANT RANT RANT

<snip>

What am I defending?

Meh!

Throw away comment in response to Rundfahrt's rant about moderation and how he's maybe not going to post on here again, never ever ever.....
  • tailwindhome
    Shoulda had Riis in the poll too....