The 'let it all out' thread - who do you hate the most?

Comments

• skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    Haha, we need for Contador to reach 50%. This poll is not credible if it doesn't. Such fun!

>>snap<<

I am as surprised as you are. But I think the general feeling is that LA has been punished, whereas AC is seen as not having been punished sufficiently (back dated ban etc.). On top of this, LA has removed/purged his references to his 7 TdF wins (i.e. form his twitter account), which perhaps counts as some form of acceptance, or at the very least indicates that he has moved on. On the other hand, AC, still an active pro, refers to his 3 Tdf "wins" even though one result has been annulled (plus a giro and a vuelta). To rub it in the face of pro-fans he came over the line on the last stage of the vuelta with 7 fingers up!

http://www.theroaddiaries.com/wp-conten ... elesm2.jpg
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    ab.jpg

I vote for this shirt

I don't hate Lance, I actually have a grudging respect for his chutzpah in maintaining his innocence in the face of such overwhelming evidence to the contrary
  • Is this thread an excuse for me to post Alberto photos? Good. Here's another:

alberto.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • skylla wrote:
    Haha, we need for Contador to reach 50%. This poll is not credible if it doesn't. Such fun!

>>snap<<

I am as surprised as you are. But I think the general feeling is that LA has been punished, whereas AC is seen as not having been punished sufficiently (back dated ban etc.). On top of this, LA has removed/purged his references to his 7 TdF wins (i.e. form his twitter account), which perhaps counts as some form of acceptance, or at the very least indicates that he has moved on. On the other hand, AC, still an active pro, refers to his 3 Tdf "wins" even though one result has been annulled (plus a giro and a vuelta). To rub it in the face of pro-fans he came over the line on the last stage of the vuelta with 7 fingers up!

http://www.theroaddiaries.com/wp-conten ... elesm2.jpg

Mmmm, I think we can be sure what 50% he's been careful not to breach in the past.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Is this thread an excuse for me to post Alberto photos?

That wasn't really the intention. No.

You seem to be taking it badly that other posters 'hate' your favourite rider.

Relax. It's only a bit of fun on t'internet. If everyone liked the same riders it would be a boring forum....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Yeah I know...as you can tell from my posts I am taking it VERY light heartedly.
    Contador is the Greatest

You need an excuse? :D

EDIT: To slow, Tail Wind got there first... :cry:
  • Insideinfo wrote:
    Went for Cav. Contador etc lying scumbag drugs cheats, but what the hell.

Cav's only a sprinter amongst a number of other sprinters. And sprinters are boring. They distort the whole sport with their gurning efforts to cross the line a tyre's width ahead of another boring sprinter. And then everyone gets all excited about "The Manx Missile", the fastest man in the world on a bike, blah, blah, blah...boring.

And then idiots ask you ('cos you're following the TdF) "Why isn't Cav in yellow if he's the fastest?" and other dumb questions.
    He's not the messiah, he's only a sprinter. And that's boring.

+1 got to agree with this. Although i dont dislike Cav, i do think him in particular is often overrated and excuses are made when he loses. When he wins hes the 'fastest man on the planet'..Manx Missile and all that b*llocks, then when he loses it was because he had a bad lead out train, its not his fault, they were tired, the hills were a bit too big..blah..blah.
    Fact is, hes a good sprinter yes, but when i look at, when he won the green jersey everyone thought it an amazing achievement, but then i saw Sagan win it this year practically on one wheel, doing donuts and wheelies, without much effort it seemed and you almost got the impression he threw the green jersey in the back of his bedroom wardrobe and completely forgot about it, like it was nothing. Whereas Cavs is probably in a frame on his wall with a gold plaque underneath with Manx Missile engraved on it.

Also, those glasses he wears dont fool me, hes not bright so its a weak disguise, along with the 'quiet persona' he likes to portray off the bike when really hes a bit of a gobshjte on it and a prima donna. He went down in my estimation when the BBC guy asked him if tiredness played a part in the Olympic road race loss, following the TDF the week before, where turned round to slate the guy saying did he know anything about cycling?? To me it was a perfectly good question, Cav should have realised that this is the BBC, where they barely show cycling, so people watching are uneducated and probably didnt realise the TDF only finished the week before. But Cavs response was spoilt little brat. Regardless of the ins and outs of road racing, he shouldnt have reacted like that. If hes so good then why let a huge group get away to begin with, where was the 'fastest man on the planet' then? It was just more excuses.

Also, hes shjt in the hills, whereas Sagan can almost compete with the best of them. And im going to stick my neck out and say from the underlying tones i get from Wiggins, i would say they arent best of mates and he was quite happy to see Cav leave SKY so they didnt have to drag his ars£ up mountains and carry him and his ego.

Agree with pretty much all of that and add that I hate how when he's being interview, he looks shifty. Never looks at the camera or who ever is interviewing him. And the long pauses as well. Just get on with the answer you berk!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Yeah I know...as you can tell from my posts I am taking it VERY light heartedly.

You know when I read that my first thought was of Katy Bates in Misery :wink:

Dear Alberto, I'm your number one fan...I have some photos on my hard drive of you as a little boy........

Actually I'm suprised given the threads I've read on here over the last year the Contador is so far ahead in this poll. I'd have thought Cav, Sky or Valverde would have led the way. I quite like Contador as it goes..

Though that shirt is horrendous....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ddraver wrote:
    Contador - the unrepentance, the lies, the unrepentance, the innanity, the unrepentance, the total lack of anything between his ears, the unrepentance.

I don't want to wish death on him or anything, but just a minor mechanical in every important race that looses him 15 mins or so would do me nicely....

I take it you feel exactly the same about Frank Schleck aswell then, otherwise that would be completely hypocritical, seeing as both cases are almost identical (except Franks already been fingered once before thanks to his 'training plans') :wink:
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Is this thread an excuse for me to post Alberto photos? Good. Here's another:

alberto.jpg

This is what lego man hair is based on.

I went for Valverde, he just looks like a git. A horrible nasty little orc-man. No idea why I feel like this. But that is the point of the thread eh.

I cant hate contador, he is like a small boy who the bigger boys have got to say nasty words out loud that he doesnt really understand. I think Armstrong is a robot.
  • Boy Lard
    Boy Lard Posts: 445
    Can I vote for Froome and his mad missus please.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    ddraver wrote:
    Contador - the unrepentance, the lies, the unrepentance, the innanity, the unrepentance, the total lack of anything between his ears, the unrepentance.

I don't want to wish death on him or anything, but just a minor mechanical in every important race that looses him 15 mins or so would do me nicely....

I take it you feel exactly the same about Frank Schleck aswell then, otherwise that would be completely hypocritical, seeing as both cases are almost identical (except Franks already been fingered once before thanks to his 'training plans') :wink:

I have no love for Frank Schleck. But he's not been banned for anything yet...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver

alberto.jpg
    Just needs pointy ears to complete the Vulcan look.
  • ddraver wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

I have no love for Frank Schleck. But he's not been banned for anything yet...

Probably won't either because he's the Lux authorities golden boy.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    For some reason Di Luca and Bettini are high on my list.

Made a lot of money on Valverde's first tdf stage win, which kind of makes me not hate him.
    I get Vino and Borat mixed up, which gets him off the hook.

Lance is too easy to hate. I'm not that keen on all those that cheated, but now think they're some kind of saviours. Landis, Hamilton etc.

Millar should get a special mention. Cheated, caught, tactically worked out how to make the best of it.
    exercise.png
  • ddraver
    It does seem to be taking a long while

Anyway, we re getting off the point....
    - @ddraver
  • ed_209
    ed_209 Posts: 17
    Hate is a bit strong - but for me Hein Verbruggen is pretty despicable. At best he sat back and let EPO run rampant through the peloton - at worst his actions pressured young riders into thickening their blood to levels that were sometimes fatal. That goes well beyond some of the more panto-villains on the list.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Is this thread an excuse for me to post Alberto photos? Good. Here's another:

alberto.jpg

"Dear Jaime - could you fix it for me to dress up as Generalisimo Franco?" - Alberto, aged 9 1/4
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'

alberto.jpg

Blimey, I was thinking the exact same thing.
    "Juice me up, Scotty."
    Of course he would have to ride a Star Trek. :P

Verdruggen for me.
    The head of the snake and all that.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,642
    I dislike a subsection of the internet forum people - those that relentlessly go on about unrepentant riders and fail to understand how this sits with strict liability.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,234
    Pierre Rolland.

Stupid toothy French twat.
  • Add this to you reasons to hate on Contador:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contado ... ed-in-2013

He is a guy who gives back to society. The above is just another example of this.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    I hold most of my contempt up for the bandwagon cycling fan though.

Espescially the many who I shared box hill with during the olympics. Especially the one who started spouting off about the "minute per 10km" rule for breakaways with an arrogant smirk when the winning break with Cancellara got away, after I'd said to my girlfriend that it was game over for the Brits.

His ill fitting HTC jersey didn't help his cause either.

They're the same guys who will bang on about nutrition and watts despite having spent less than a 100hrs in their life actaully on a bike and know the brand of every single cycling make ever.

Tossers.
  • Add this to you reasons to hate on Contador:

He is a guy who gives back to society. The above is just another example of this.

Yeah great, a team for juniors headed up by another likely doper. ;)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • skylla
    Add this to you reasons to hate on Contador:

With all respect, but there are also people that don't quite like Vino, despite his kazakh youth team, or Lance, despite his cancer awareness campaign.

EDIT: Told you he is a lovely bloke: http://astanafans.com/vino%E2%80%99s-pa ... dhood.html

Original article translated by The Diplomatic Mission of the Republic of Kazakhstan to the Kingdom of Thailand.

EDIT2: He's a colonel, too:

http://en.tengrinews.kz/sport/North-Kaz ... ard-12504/
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Big LOL to the votes on this thread. Pretty sad if you can muster up 'hate' for someone like Contador. You'd find yourselves all holding counter opinions to the majority of pros in the sport.

conta2.jpg

I certainly don't hate him, I find him an exciting rider to watch, I just wish he would come clean on the whole drugs thing.

David Millar doped and hasn't tried to say he never did it, I think that warrants a lot more respect than people like Contador or Armstrong who still swear blind they never did it.
  • skylla wrote:

With all respect, but there are also people that don't quite like Vino, despite his kazakh youth team, or Lance, despite his cancer awareness campaign.

EDIT: Told you he is a lovely bloke: http://astanafans.com/vino%E2%80%99s-pa ... dhood.html

Original article translated by The Diplomatic Mission of the Republic of Kazakhstan to the Kingdom of Thailand.

One does not automatically guarantee the other, I certainly agree on that. There are factors for consideration though.

Nice link from Astana fans - not seen that before.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver

This is a good example as well - http://www.livestrong.org/
    - @ddraver
  • skylla
    skylla wrote:

One does not automatically guarantee the other, I certainly agree on that. There are factors for consideration though.

Nice link from Astana fans - not seen that before.

They are good friends too. You might remember AC's hard work in Vino's victory in LBL:

http://astanafans.com/alberto-contador- ... 80%9D.html