Cavendish has left..

Comments

• nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    FF, a mate of mine worked for Getty for a while.
    For crying out loud, ask him (or his girlfriend) where Cav is going. :lol:
  • nic_77 wrote:
    FF, a mate of mine worked for Getty for a while.
    For crying out loud, ask him (or his girlfriend) where Cav is going. :lol:

hang on, calling her now...She says Rapha-Condor-Sharp - they get Cav to ride crits next year, Sky get the nice togs :wink:
  • andyp wrote:
    Freire has just made a space available with his retirement and Cav's former lead-out man Renshaw is already at Rabobank.

Freire was riding for Katusha in 2012, he left Rabobank at the end of last season.

Good try though. :wink:
    Damn, shows how anonymous he's been though.
  • murf1480
    murf1480 Posts: 117
    Insideinfo wrote:
    *** UPDATE ***

Spoke to the best mates, girlfiends, contact in pro racing (for those of you that moaned i put 'friend' :-)) last night, asked for any more goss and she said her friend mentioned she was at a charity do and some of the riders were there gossiping about next year, and one of the topics was Cav joining. She didnt hear much else but did hear that.

Still, could all be bull, but will keep you posted.

Cav is that you.
    Your just trying to start rumours aren't you lol :D
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    If photographers were paying royalties to all the subjects in the photos they sell then complaints about copyright theft towards someone posting a few photos, on a non commercial basis, on a forum would have more merit. Treat it as appreciation of your work and art.

If someone is trying to make a quick buck off your work then that is an entirely different matter.
  • murf1480 wrote:
    Insideinfo wrote:
    *** UPDATE ***

Spoke to the best mates, girlfiends, contact in pro racing (for those of you that moaned i put 'friend' :-)) last night, asked for any more goss and she said her friend mentioned she was at a charity do and some of the riders were there gossiping about next year, and one of the topics was Cav joining. She didnt hear much else but did hear that.

Still, could all be bull, but will keep you posted.

Cav is that you.
    Your just trying to start rumours aren't you lol :D

Yes im just trying to up my salary and play the big-boys off against each other :D
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    I blame Bill Gates

Or who ever came up with the option 'Right Click > SaveAs' on an picture
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • ***UPDATE***

Latest is hes signed and will be announcing it in 2 weeks time after an end of season break. Definitely Rabobank, you heard it here first.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    Is this your blog? http://www.inthegc.com/2012/10/sunday-shorts-pro-cycling-season-over.html

If not, well done. You've been quoted in a cycling gossip column :D
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    I heard the same rumour from someone 'in the know' a few weeks back!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Beatmaker wrote:
    Is this your blog? http://www.inthegc.com/2012/10/sunday-shorts-pro-cycling-season-over.html

If not, well done. You've been quoted in a cycling gossip column :D

That's LeicesterLad's blog
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Insideinfo wrote:
    ***UPDATE***

Latest is hes signed and will be announcing it in 2 weeks time after an end of season break. Definitely Rabobank, you heard it here first.

If this is true, all I can say is why? Have Rabo even got a lead out train? Mark is going to have his work cut out schooling them if this is true.

I much preferred the OPQS rumour... :(
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Cav in orange kit...don't think that will work. The guy has a bit more style than that.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Rich is right, InTheGC is my blog and as a result of this thread I did a bit of asking around with some bloggers far more credible than me and somebody in the know in the Netherlands and though nothing was confirmed, there were a few who believed it was more than a possibility which is why I've been careful not to be definitive on the blog. I'm still backing OPQS but having heard what I've heard it now wouldn't surprise me to see him in Orange next year.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Cav to Rabo?

The end of his successful career untill he leaves then...
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    I did a bit of asking around with some bloggers far more credible than me
    You mean Wielertaal? I'm not sure how serious that was.
    440910-rb-kmshirt_1-300x265.jpg
    Brilliant thread this, who knows!
  • LeicesterLad
    I did a bit of asking around with some bloggers far more credible than me
    You mean Wielertaal? I'm not sure how serious that was.
    440910-rb-kmshirt_1-300x265.jpg
    Brilliant thread this, who knows!

Haha, wish if seen that picture first, I would have lifted it.

All I will say is I'm not going to take the chatter that seriously but there are others who are. I'm not going to go into the sources or make statements because when Cav signs for OPQS ill look like a fool. Like I said, at this stage it just wouldn't surprise me to see Cav in Orange.

Look at it this way, Rabo have fairly high outgoings for not a lot of success, anybody think they have a GC guy actually capable of anything big? I'd say not. They certainly have the cash to bring Cav in, and the reasoning - Only issue here is that Rabo act as a dutch talent spotting outfit, they won't be looking at leaving guys like Gesink out in the cold and how Cav would fit in with this I don't know.

I do know that a couple of sponsors who were looking for the exit a month ago have done a bit of a U-Turn now...

However this is all speculation of course...
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    RickyMac wrote:

If you respect the photographers that take the images you like so much then your respect should extend to asking their permission and not making it harder for them to make a living. You might think that what you do has no impact but you are wrong, ask any pro photog how difficult the industry is becoming because of things like this. You owe it to the photogs whose images you take to educate yourself on the situation and not just decide you know best without finding out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use
  • Rich is right, InTheGC is my blog and as a result of this thread I did a bit of asking around with some bloggers far more credible than me and somebody in the know in the Netherlands and though nothing was confirmed, there were a few who believed it was more than a possibility which is why I've been careful not to be definitive on the blog. I'm still backing OPQS but having heard what I've heard it now wouldn't surprise me to see him in Orange next year.

Thanks for quoting me in the blog :-)

I prefer the rumours of OPQS too, but its not what im hearing. It's Rabo all the way! 8)
  • Nick Fitt
    Nick Fitt Posts: 381
    From the Rabobank website;

Rabobank invests in cycling. This investment is not limited to sponsoring professional teams, but also extends to promoting and supporting recreational cycling in its broadest sense throughout the Netherlands. All these activities are carried out under the auspices of the 'Rabo Cycling Plan'.

The Rabo Cycling Plan was established in 1996 as a key spearhead of the strategy for attaining an improved positioning for Rabobank.

The mission of the Rabo Cycling Plan is:

To promote recreational cycling at all levels in the Netherlands
    To promote Dutch cycling and to ensure that it continues to remain of the highest standard

Hard to see them spending millions on a Brit as said?
  • LeicesterLad
    Nick Fitt wrote:

Rabobank invests in cycling. This investment is not limited to sponsoring professional teams, but also extends to promoting and supporting recreational cycling in its broadest sense throughout the Netherlands. All these activities are carried out under the auspices of the 'Rabo Cycling Plan'.

The Rabo Cycling Plan was established in 1996 as a key spearhead of the strategy for attaining an improved positioning for Rabobank.

To promote Dutch cycling and to ensure that it continues to remain of the highest standard

Ok to spend it on Spaniards and Australians though? :wink:
  • Nick Fitt
    Nick Fitt wrote:

Ok to spend it on Spaniards and Australians though? :wink:

Fair point :oops:
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,171
    Also the biggest Dutch team actually winning some races will help raise cycling in the Netherlands.
    Mañana
  • Nick Fitt
    pb21 wrote:
    Also the biggest Dutch team actually winning some races will help raise cycling in the Netherlands.

So are we starting to convince ourselves it could be true :D
  • It is true, my mum is Peta's hairdresser and apparently her new ring tone is 'Holland the Brave'
  • This could be true based on your Woodford (Essex) location...

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I think some ground rules need to be sorted in case Insideinfo turns out to be right on along. In such an event I propose that he/she should be allowed to say 'I told you so' and abuse people on this thread as much as he/she likes for a 24 hour period, after which it shall never be mentioned again.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Fair game. If he is wrong the mods can check his email, cross reference with the emails of existing members, and let us know who created the dupe account.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • LeicesterLad
    I'm down with that. To be fair I think most people are bored with talking about Cavendish now so we might get lucky and the whole thing will just go unnoticed.... 8)
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    Insideinfo wrote:

If this is true, all I can say is why? Have Rabo even got a lead out train? Mark is going to have his work cut out schooling them if this is true.

Marianne Vos is going to lead him out next season.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme