Cavendish has left..

Comments

• Insideinfo wrote:
    Christ you come on here to tell people what youve heard and all you get is grief! wish i hadnt bothered, but just thought you guys would be interested.

Christ i dont care if he goes to Endura, i was just passing on ive heard. Even the rumours of him going to Omega are just rumours, no one has 100% proof hes going there.

It's complete bollox though isn't it? The 'friend that works there' is actually your best mate's girlfriend - who does not actually work there. :roll: Crap trolling!
    Basso Astra
    Principia Ellipse SX
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Kinesis Crosslight Pro Disc
  • neonriver
    neonriver Posts: 228
    How did the source manage to change from a friend that works with Rabobank to a times journalist?
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    So the poor lamb hasn't bee treated equally then.... Sounds like a bit of a prima Donna to me
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    neonriver wrote:
    How did the source manage to change from a friend that works with Rabobank to a times journalist?
    It's the economy. A lot of people working two or more jobs.
    A friend of mine is a safari guide in Kruger Park, Liam Neeson's stunt double and outside centre for Wasps. At least that's what he tells the ladies.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Sorted out at the Worlds a couple of weeks ago (and also did a Q&A workshop session with Vos for junior riders).
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Insideinfo wrote:
    Christ you come on here to tell people what youve heard and all you get is grief! wish i hadnt bothered, but just thought you guys would be interested.

Christ i dont care if he goes to Endura, i was just passing on ive heard. Even the rumours of him going to Omega are just rumours, no one has 100% proof hes going there.

You're 99% likely to be badly wrong. On the other hand if you do manage to pull this off then you'll be treated like a new messiah. So swings and roundabouts.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,662
    Sorted out at the Worlds a couple of weeks ago (and also did a Q&A workshop session with Vos for junior riders).

So.... is this a hint that the OP may in fact be correct?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Insideinfo wrote:
    Ha ha..i expected that response, got to say i laughed myself but heres the link. Best mates girlfriend is a junior sports journo at The Times. I asked him to ask her if she had any info on Cav leaving. About a week later i saw her, asked again and she said hes leaving for sure and she had heard he WASNT going to the team everyone thinks he is and is off to a team with orange and white shirts? She queried the shirt colour as she didnt know about cycling teams. That was it.

I then thought it cant be Eskudel or whatever they are so can only leave Rabobank.

Dont shoot the messenger, im just saying lads.

The most ridiculous thing about this post is not the OP's demotion of the source from Rabobank 'worker' to mates girlfriend

but an upcoming junior sports journalist not being bothered to look up the shirts of the less than 18 PT teams =with two having orange and only one with orange and white - who can it be? :wink:

It's like Joey Barton's going to a south east French Ligue 1 club who play in white jumpers with a light blue flash
  • Milton50 wrote:
    Insideinfo wrote:

You're 99% likely to be badly wrong. On the other hand if you do manage to pull this off then you'll be treated like a new messiah. So swings and roundabouts.

Im already a Love God so i dont want to be a messiah :)

I know its my first post but its my first post for a reason, ive been viewing this site for ages just never bothered with the forums, bit of a newbie in that respect. But i heard the goss even though it was on good authority, and thought i would share the info. Nothing more than that.

The biggest thing she said to me wasnt the orange and white tops, it was the fact she was adamant he wasnt going where everyone expected him to go, she repeated it a few times. And i dont know of many teams with orange and white tops so first thing i thought was it must be Rabobank. Unless anyone knows of a team with orange in?
  • Insideinfo wrote:
    Ha ha..i expected that response, got to say i laughed myself but heres the link. Best mates girlfriend is a junior sports journo at The Times. I asked him to ask her if she had any info on Cav leaving. About a week later i saw her, asked again and she said hes leaving for sure and she had heard he WASNT going to the team everyone thinks he is and is off to a team with orange and white shirts? She queried the shirt colour as she didnt know about cycling teams. That was it.

I then thought it cant be Eskudel or whatever they are so can only leave Rabobank.

The most ridiculous thing about this post is not the OP's demotion of the source from Rabobank 'worker' to mates girlfriend

but an upcoming junior sports journalist not being bothered to look up the shirts of the less than 18 PT teams =with two having orange and only one with orange and white - who can it be? :wink:

It's like Joey Barton's going to a south east French Ligue 1 club who play in white jumpers with a light blue flash

I havent demoted anyone from worker or friend or mates girlfriend, i put 'friend works there' as a quick reference, i didnt want to say best mates girlfriends work contact friend works there, it was too long winded! So just put friend works there.
    The reason she didnt know the name is because shes new to her job and cycling unfortunately isnt as big as football, tennis or rugby which is what she covers. How many of us have mates who 'work in banking or insurance' but we dont know the companies they work for, we just say 'a big bank' or 'a big insurance' company. So it didnt surprise me when she said her friend works for a team with the line ' i dont know the exact name but know they have a lot of orange and white everywhere...' typical womans response really :lol:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Thanks for sharing the info.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    ST has previously mentioned the link of Cav with Rabobank. Burried deep in a story about wiggins and sky. This was some 6 weeks ago. I remember thinking 'yeah right' but then later 'hmmm, why not?'
  • Insideinfo wrote:
    Insideinfo wrote:

I havent demoted anyone from worker or friend or mates girlfriend, i put 'friend works there' as a quick reference, i didnt want to say best mates girlfriends work contact friend works there, it was too long winded! So just put friend works there.
    The reason she didnt know the name is because shes new to her job and cycling unfortunately isnt as big as football, tennis or rugby which is what she covers. How many of us have mates who 'work in banking or insurance' but we dont know the companies they work for, we just say 'a big bank' or 'a big insurance' company. So it didnt surprise me when she said her friend works for a team with the line ' i dont know the exact name but know they have a lot of orange and white everywhere...' typical womans response really :lol:
    Increasing numbers of women journalists are able to use the internet, I heard.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Anyone remember the early days of Eurosport when that awful commentator Russell Williams called them ROBObank ???? cant see Specialized allowing him to ride on a Giant bike ?? He's going to Omega Pharma QS,

Giant make some of Specialized bikes you know.

Edit: i think its Merida actually
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,179
    He's staying at Sky FACT, I had a problem with my Sky+ box yesterday and when I rang customer services I asked the lovely Scottish lady if she had any inside gossip and that's what she told me.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Maybe she works for the BBC? That would explain her lack of cycling knowledge.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    BigMat wrote:
    Maybe she works for the BBC? That would explain her lack of cycling knowledge.

:lol:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    So who does this contact work for, Rabobank or The Times?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Pross

The Times, but not just any old Times employee but a junior reporter so she will obviously have access to all the sources. Add in that The Times is a Murdoch paper and I'm convinced that this source is reliable.
  • There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis

my contribution to this debate
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Maybe OPQS are changing to an orange kit as an act of friendship to their neighbours.
  • frenchfighter
    Why is his move such a fucking secret?

Why can't they announce it?

What are they waiting for?

Keep em hanging for...what?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    It's nice to be back in 2011.

Maybe he hasn't signed anywhere yet. Maybe Sky haven't even agreed to release him. Maybe his new team have agreed not to announce it until the season finishes.

Why is everyone in such a ******* rush to know?
  • Turfle wrote:

Maybe he hasn't signed anywhere yet. Maybe Sky haven't even agreed to release him. Maybe his new team have agreed not to announce it until the season finishes.

Everyone should know by now that any move or contract involving Cav is going to be the most mahoosive soap opera, and more complicated than the plot of Inception
  • Pross wrote:

The Times, but not just any old Times employee but a junior reporter so she will obviously have access to all the sources. Add in that The Times is a Murdoch paper and I'm convinced that this source is reliable.

Maybe she hacked his phone!
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Turfle wrote:

Everyone should know by now that any move or contract involving Cav is going to be the most mahoosive soap opera, and more complicated than the plot of Inception
    Cav told Sky that he had problem at the end of July, but Sky said they didn't have anyone available to fix it until October, and they'd send him round sometime between 8am and 1pm.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross wrote:

Nah.
    It would have to be a Hindustan Times cub reporter, to be reliable. :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Why is his move such a ******* secret?

I'm still not convinced he's going anywhere and there is just nothing to announce.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Pross wrote:
    Why is his move such a ******* secret?

I'm still not convinced he's going anywhere and there is just nothing to announce.

You not see the Flecha story on the front page? He's going, just not confirmed where yet.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_mbcahgtJBA1r89k2io1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest