Hamilton's autobiography *spoilers*

Comments

• bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    MrTapir wrote:
    After tyler got busted he didn't speak to him anymore.

On CSC? was that because he got busted and screwed it up for people or because he was well against doping?

Jens on twitter: "Why not?! ?! Because i was racing when he took drugs and cheated on lied to all of us. He lied to you, to me to the whe world."

But then he would say that, wouldn't he?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    bipedal wrote:

Jens on twitter: "Why not?! ?! Because i was racing when he took drugs and cheated on lied to all of us. He lied to you, to me to the whe world."

But then he would say that, wouldn't he?

Like I said, c***
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    ddraver wrote:
    ....... how much of a mountain we have to climb before we have genuine clean cycling. ........I'm not sure that we will like what we find when we get there...

YOU can climb that mountain but not me. YOU will never see clean cycling and neither will WE.
    And it's when YOU get there, not me. In other words, knock it off with the "we" stuff. Most of the world could "give a rats *ss". You're pretty much alone in this.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Do YOU need a hug dennis?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • dennisn wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    ....... how much of a mountain we have to climb before we have genuine clean cycling. ........I'm not sure that we will like what we find when we get there...

YOU can climb that mountain but not me. YOU will never see clean cycling and neither will WE.
    And it's when YOU get there, not me. In other words, knock it off with the "we" stuff. Most of the world could "give a rats *ss". You're pretty much alone in this.

Speak for yourself, Dennis.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Hmmm Dennis. Much i could say here but i really cant be bothered. The bad news is that most of the world does give a rats arse and it is you that is in the minority my friend. Right is right even if nobody does it, wrong is wrong even if everybody does it...
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    dennisn wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

:)
    You no play fair, No tA... I'm not getting up at 5am just to beat you to it...

People have been going on about it for ages, but isn't it time they introduced Irony to the curriculum in the US...?
  • johny c wrote:
    Anyone found a video of Ullrich with his head 'like a f*cking pumpkin' because of too much cortisone on the final '97 TdF TT?

8mts into this vid' you'll see him signing on, as Phil comments that "his face gives nothing away"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD8wnx-YyYg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Haha what's that all about?

The only thing that face could give away is an addiction to Pastries!
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Tyler says too much cortisone can puff your face up. Said on that TT Ulle's face was like a pumpkin or something.
  • Tyler says too much cortisone can puff your face up. Said on that TT Ulle's face was like a pumpkin or something.

He does have a bit of a beach ball look going on.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Just read the book. Seems that he knows a thing or 2. He doped in the past but if we say he has no credibility then we have to say the same about all those who were caught. Book is a good read and a good insight to LA and confirms what most people thought.
  • OCDuPalais wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

:)
    You no play fair, No tA... I'm not getting up at 5am just to beat you to it...

People have been going on about it for ages, but isn't it time they introduced Irony to the curriculum in the US...?

Think the server clock is out actually. I'm an hour ahead of you (CET), but I'm pretty cure I wasn't out of bed and posting stuff at 6.30 am here...

Reference time:
    Posted at 11:34pm CET
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Want to know the differences between the US and the UK versions, thanks to the UK libel laws? Courtesy of the Veloveritas website, here you go:

http://www.veloveritas.co.uk/2012/09/18 ... cret-race/
  • rick_chasey
    Want to know the differences between the US and the UK versions, thanks to the UK libel laws? Courtesy of the Veloveritas website, here you go:

So not that big then.
  • Want to know the differences between the US and the UK versions, thanks to the UK libel laws? Courtesy of the Veloveritas website, here you go:

So not that big then.

Saves me the hassle of comparing (pedant that I am). Was wryly amused by number 7 on the list re the UK version having to carry the additional wording '...though Contador has always denied this..' re Hamilton mentioning that he was rumoured to the Fuentes client with the blood bag coded A.C.
  • rick_chasey
    Was kinda hoping for something like " and then Lance pulled out the EPO needle. I told him I already was at 60 but he said he wanted more godammit. So, against my will, he injected me again. I almost died thanks to him. Oh and did I mention Hein Verbruggen was there, cackling away, laughing, screaming "MORE DRUGS, MORE DOPING, GIVE IT TO THEM ALL NOOOOOW MWAAHAHA, AND PAY ME LOTS OF MONEY, BWAHAHAHAAA"

;)

or not.
  • That's in the Kazakh edition (free medal with each copy purchased)
    :D
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Want to know the differences between the US and the UK versions, thanks to the UK libel laws? Courtesy of the Veloveritas website, here you go:

So not that big then.

Well, one of the items strikes me as being potentially big is the deleted note about the UCI allegedly brokering a meeting between LA & the Hog and the Director of the lab in Lausanne which detected the AAF after the Tour de Suisse. Not so much for the UCI involvement but, if the allegation is correct, that a) someone from a lab would have such meeting, particularly at that point in the disciplinary process and b) it's the Lausanne lab - where the Athlete Performance Monitoring Unit (who run the Bio-passport) is based. Remember who stepped down from the passport panel earlier this year because he was unhappy about the perceived "muzzling" and had also previously flagged concerns about gaps in the passport evaluation process?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Was kinda hoping for something like " and then Lance pulled out the EPO needle. I told him I already was at 60 but he said he wanted more godammit. So, against my will, he injected me again. I almost died thanks to him. Oh and did I mention Hein Verbruggen was there, cackling away, laughing, screaming "MORE DRUGS, MORE DOPING, GIVE IT TO THEM ALL NOOOOOW MWAAHAHA, AND PAY ME LOTS OF MONEY, BWAHAHAHAAA"

;)

or not.
    "McQuaid was the best smuggler we ever had. Lance called him 'green channel'. He'd learned his trade running guns out of Tripoli for the Provos. He knew that our untraceable EPO and the Credit Lyonnais lions came from the same factory in Xiang province. He just put the two together. All Lance had to do was win the Prologue."
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
  • rick_chasey
    Cheers Iain.
  • http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/hamilto ... -the-truth

So what do you fancy from the cycling memorabilia sale?
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    I read the book yesterday-really enjoyed it. What a ridiculous world the pro peloton was. Hopefully it is better now. I also read Millar's book last week. I thought that he came across as a complete tool.
  • iainf72 wrote:

Hmmm...read the article this morning. It was a bit too much on the 'Hamilton is a hero' tip for me. I've read the book and I think its a book that all cycling fans should read. But..Hamilton's not a hero and he shouldnt be made into one. All the pros had choices, some chose not to dope and to get out of pro cycling;-some were chased out of the sport like Bassoni who now makes a pretty indifferent living running a bar. And many, including Hamilton, chose to dope - and to lie for years afterwards, and would still be lying if he hadnt got the call from Novitsky. And he stood by and said nothing whlist others were vilified by Armstrong.

Not a hero in my eyes, and I think Walsh is treading that line in terms of how he's presenting him.

I'd rather have Millar than Hamilton any day. Hamilton's got a lot to make up for.
  • rick_chasey
    Walsh isn't particularly balanced.

Nor does he seem have any interest actual bike racing.
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Walsh's manuscript just reads like a short summary of the book.... Or is there anything new in there? Was it published today. I dont have a subscription to the Times.
    www.dotcycling.com
  • iainf72

I'd rather have Millar than Hamilton any day. Hamilton's got a lot to make up for.

Really? You dont think the way Millar treated Landis was unacceptable for example?

If you look at it in context, Millar admitted it (in a limited way), maybe shopped a minor player for 2. Hamilton and Landis have exposed a huge doping thing involving a man who is powerful and is quite happy destroying people. What they've done is a lot braver than what Millar did.
  • rick_chasey
    They had less to lose when they did it though Iain....

They were both already forced out of the sport almost entirely before they admitted. Not very comparable.
  • Millar wrote to the UCI and McQuaid specifically about his concerns about doping in Saunier Duval when Gianetti etc ignored what he was saying from the moment he joined the team on his comeback. He got no response from McQuaid etc either. He then got out and over to work with Vaughters in the new Slipstream set up as quickly as possible.

I dont put Millar on a pedestal - both he and Hamilton cheated and lied. I happen to have more time for Millar because of what he's done over the 5-6 years since his return. I just feel that with articles like this and other things that Walsh is putting out - this article, his twitter feed etc - he's positioning Hamilton as someone who should almost be looked up to now.

William Fotheringham probably expresses it better in terms of my feelings towards Hamilton, in his review of The Secret Race
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/20 ... -armstrong
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    iainf72 wrote:

Is that what Walsh has been harping on about on twitter all week? Seriously?

I am somewhat underwhelmed...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver