The official TrainerRoad thread

Comments

• johand
    johand Posts: 16
    I just had 3 weeks on trainerroad. Great experience and with some youtube "indoor cycling" playlist, I get some bike related footage while suffering.

I also read about The Sufferfest. It interests me because of the great video's and music that come with it. Are they so great, or should i just stick with my youtube playlists and Trainerroad? I Also think The Sufferfest is more about suffering (indoor spinning alike), and not so much about "sweet spot" based trainings, to get you through the winter and gradually prepare you for summer. Not to be empty when the outside season starts.
  • qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    johand wrote:
    The Sufferfest, Are they so great

Yes, yes it is indeed.

Have used it for years now and never felt "empty" by the time Spring comes around. Only stronger.

There is a multitude of workouts you can do as base.

Not everything is about suffering. You can also dial down the intensity of it if you wish.
  • Hi - have been having trouble with the app running on my iphone last few days: persistent hanging/crashing, either before a work out or shortly after having started one. Seems to have happened after latest IOS update (to 11.1). Just wondering if anyone else is having problems?
  • JoS2000 wrote:
    Hi - have been having trouble with the app running on my iphone last few days: persistent hanging/crashing, either before a work out or shortly after having started one. Seems to have happened after latest IOS update (to 11.1). Just wondering if anyone else is having problems?

I had problems connecting to my Tacx Flow - had to force quit and start again to get it working.
  • Started using trainerroad a couple of months ago. My initial ftp was pretty poor but I had another test before starting the sustained power build and it improved by 10%, would have probably been higher had I not fell off the rollers half through the effort! Doing the low volume with an additional long Sunday outdoor ride. I think I'll go back to medium for the speciality phase. Not sure which one to go for with that phase though, I will be doing 10 mile TT's but am interested in criterium and road racing. Any suggestions?
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    I use a Mac for TrainerRoad and I'm trying to work out how to watch iPlayer in conjunction with TrainerRoad. I can minimised iPlayer in the right hand corner and have TrainerRoad full screen, but I'd rather have it the opposite way around. I can minimise TrainerRoad, but not over the top of iPlayer. Any suggestions?
  • Dezza
    Dezza Posts: 155
    Hi all.

First post on the TR thread... Just looking for a bit of advice from experienced users.

I'm 10 weeks into a program (base SS LVII, now build SP LVII), I simply can't improve my FTP!

I'm training at 280ftp which resulted in 276, 277 for my last two tests. After 2.5 months (no skipped sessions) I'm a little disappointed with the lack of progress even though I 'feel' fitter (subjective).

I'm unsure what direction to take, maybe i'm not hitting the VO2max sessions hard enough? If I boost my FTP setting too much my legs burn out before the end of the ride. Chicken and egg. Has anyone found thier way out a similar conundrum?

I commute 2x10 miles daily and aiming to do the 40k TT speciality phase.

Cheers.
  • Beatmaker
    I have a free month trial to TrainerRoad if anyone wants it?
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    Beatmaker wrote:
    I will take it if still available please
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Beatmaker
    camerauk wrote:
    Beatmaker wrote:
    I will take it if still available please

No worries, DM sent.
  • Well, having been training on High Volume SweetSpot I and II since September on my Kurt Kinetic with “virtual”, power curve algorithms, I’ve realised after switching to dual-sided Infocranks that the KK algorithms were reading IRO 5% high :cry:

I’ve also seen that my L/R balance is a bit higher than I thought- IRO 10% bias to the left :|

#Bastidpowermeters LOL
  • Beatmaker
    2 more free TrainerRoad month trials here if anybody wants them.
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    Many thanks for the TrainerRoad free month
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Beatmaker
    camerauk wrote:
    Many thanks for the TrainerRoad free month

My pleasure, happy to help.

Chris
  • Another free month trial going here, DM me!

Just want to say also how happy I am with TR. Granted I haven't tried Zwift or any of the others but it's pushing me so much harder than I've been able to do myself before and I feel stronger and stronger. Halfway through the sweet spot base 2 and really looking forward to racing next summer.
  • I think my only criticism of the TR prescribed plans is the repetitive nature of the workouts- ie doing the same workouts week-in-week-out. Given the huge database of workouts for every level (eg Sweetspot), I don’t know why they can’t vary the weekly workouts more for each given block. I know there’s some scope for swapping-out workouts if desired, but I think there should be more programmed variance in the phases to begin with.

I’ve finished my Sweetspot II (High), now but I’m going to extend the S/S Base phase a couple of more weeks to get me thru the Christmas holidays- don’t really want to start the Build phase til the New Year, as I know there’s going to be too many distractions and time conflicts.
  • Mapaputsi
    Mapaputsi Posts: 104
    I think my only criticism of the TR prescribed plans is the repetitive nature of the workouts- ie doing the same workouts week-in-week-out. Given the huge database of workouts for every level (eg Sweetspot), I don’t know why they can’t vary the weekly workouts more for each given block. I know there’s some scope for swapping-out workouts if desired, but I think there should be more programmed variance in the phases to begin with.

I’ve finished my Sweetspot II (High), now but I’m going to extend the S/S Base phase a couple of more weeks to get me thru the Christmas holidays- don’t really want to start the Build phase til the New Year, as I know there’s going to be too many distractions and time conflicts.

Agree to an extent, I have done the low TSS Pettit about 8 times now, can almost recite the text at this stage!
    But as you said they can be swapped out, it's just laziness :lol:
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,645
    Anyone got a free trial going spare?

I notice a couple of people were kind enough to offer them on here but I may have been too slow and missed my chance!

Thanks in advance...
  • Beatmaker
    MrB123 wrote:

I notice a couple of people were kind enough to offer them on here but I may have been too slow and missed my chance!

Thanks in advance...

I have MrB123. Please can you DM me your name and email address?
  • mrb123
    Beatmaker wrote:
    MrB123 wrote:

Thanks in advance...

I have MrB123. Please can you DM me your name and email address?

Many thanks. You have a PM.
  • Beatmaker
    All sorted, you should have an email soon.
  • mrb123
    Beatmaker wrote:
    All sorted, you should have an email soon.

Got it. Many thanks - much appreciated.
  • Beatmaker
    No worries. Two more free trials here should anyone need one.
  • Peech
    Peech Posts: 2
    Would love a free trial if anyone has one going. Many thanks in advance.
  • Beatmaker
    Peech wrote:

Hi Peech,, if you DM me your email address and name I'll sort for you.
  • Peech
    Peech Posts: 2
    Beatmaker wrote:
    Peech wrote:

Hi Peech,, if you DM me your email address and name I'll sort for you.

Thanks Beatmaker :D
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,575
    Do you still have one left?? If so could I please nab that.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Beatmaker
    Gweeds wrote:

Yes Gweeds, please email name and email address and I will sort for you.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,575
    Beatmaker wrote:
    Gweeds wrote:

Yes Gweeds, please email name and email address and I will sort for you.

Much obliged. Will DM you.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Beatmaker
    Thats all my free trials gone for now.