TDF Stage 16 *SPOILER*

Comments

• fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Giant sperm on the road. Really.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Right, leaving the office to "work from home".
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Love the sperm.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,183
    Love the sperm.

You don't want to admit that in public!
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    I would headbutt a few of these spectators...they spoil it maybe if they started to arrest a few then you might see the behaviour change. :evil:

Absolute w*ankers. Have to say though, usually where crowds and crowd trouble are concerned it's the British causing it, not when the cycling is onvolved though, which i'm glad about.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,604
    Love the sperm.

Great quote there Rick
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Love the sperm.

I'm quoting that in case you change your mind about posting that.

Damn, forgot you can delete my post anyway.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Pross
    They certainly get their money's worth out of EBH, sit him on the front for ages then send him off on the drinks run.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Kicking off left right and centre at the front.

Scarpo and Peraud dropped from peloton...which is down to 30 odd riders and being led the the lovely Sky train. A seemingly slow pace. Gap is circa 8mins.

Annoying Martin is dropped- not sure why he was trying to shell people so early. Still time to go though.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Electricity just back on in our villa just in time for Tourmalet :D

Italian commentary :(

Why does Voekler look like Robin William's version of Popeye ?
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • frenchfighter
    So Sky have a budget to blow your mind. They have resources to put people over 5 feed stops. I wonder if the others can match that.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Currently:

Voeckler, Feillu

Martin

Ten Dam, Kess, Sorensen

Hincapie

Rest of break

Small peloton
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    I would headbutt a few of these spectators...they spoil it maybe if they started to arrest a few then you might see the behaviour change. :evil:

Absolute w*ankers. Have to say though, usually where crowds and crowd trouble are concerned it's the British causing it, not when the cycling is onvolved though, which i'm glad about.

What did I miss? Carlton and Harmon going on about how well behaved the crowd has been!
  • samiam
    samiam Posts: 227
    Right, leaving the office to "work from home".

:D
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Do you think most spectators get the saying "Get to F**k".....i would want to get off my bike and start fighting with them...maybe it's a scottish thing :D just stand and clap you bunch of knobends
  • fleshtuxedo
    Sagan still in the peloton!
  • fleshtuxedo
    did hincapie crash?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    did hincapie crash?

No, just forgot he does nt ride for Bruneeyl anymore! :wink:

(Sorry MadR!)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Gazzetta67
    did hincapie crash?

Yes doesnt say much for his branded jerseys eh - 8)
  • Pross
    I'm amazed how many people got dropped from the main peloton on the Tourmalet considering the pace wasn't high - the break increased their lead by 4 minutes over the climb.
  • rick_chasey
    Pross wrote:
    I'm amazed how many people got dropped from the main peloton on the Tourmalet considering the pace wasn't high - the break increased their lead by 4 minutes over the climb.

Third week - tired legs.

Also, lots of people find days after rest days difficult.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    I was cheering TV on last year but have gone off him slightly this year for no reason that I can explain. If one of the front two hangs on to win I hope it is Feillu. He really deserves it for the way he hung in there through his illness early on this tour.
  • Pross
    Sagan still in the peloton!

Is he? Must have closed the gap again then as I thought I saw him going out the back about half way up.
  • frenchfighter
    €5000 Prix Goddet awaits at the top of the Tourmalet, along with 25 points for KoM. Wouldn't be surprised if Voeckler wins...& pays Feillu.
    @Inrng

Voeckler now dropped Feillu on the descent. Edit: back on.

Kess came 4th and Martin 3rd.

Voeckler now on 87 points but Kessiakoff still leads on 103.

FIVE SKY RIDERS ON THE FRONT OF THE BUNCH.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Gazzetta67
    Sky jerseys look a lot like the U.S postal from the Helicopter shots 8)
  • ddraver
    Bunch better Man Up then eh?
    - @ddraver
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    If the pace over the Tourmalet was so flat then I can already see this stage running out as another sky controlled borefest. Other teams should have got on the front over the Tourmalet and put in a hard pace to try and wear Sky down abit before the final 2 climbs. At this rate Sky will be going into the last climb with a full team and EBH leading them all the way to the top - Nibs will then have a half hearted crack on the descent. The End.
  • rick_chasey
    If the pace over the Tourmalet was so flat then I can already see this stage running out as another sky controlled borefest. Other teams should have got on the front over the Tourmalet and put in a hard pace to try and wear Sky down abit before the final 2 climbs. At this rate Sky will be going into the last climb with a full team and EBH leading them all the way to the top - Nibs will then have a half hearted crack on the descent. The End.

Woah, two first cats to come still...!
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Do you think most spectators get the saying "Get to F**k".....i would want to get off my bike and start fighting with them...maybe it's a scottish thing :D just stand and clap you bunch of knobends

I dont get the saying, "get to fuck". Is there supposed to be another word on the end?
  • ddraver
    I was wrong about Hincapie - how did he fall off going up hill..??
    - @ddraver