F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Cycling cluedo. Who poisoned Frank?

I'll go first: Becca at the hotel with the pork chop
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Jens came across as just that when interviewed on Wednesday morning. Palpaby agonising between loyalty to a team mate and a genuine abhorrence of the cycling drug culture. My heart went out to the big fella!

Yes, considering the teams he's ridden for he must find all the nasty doping awful.

I know, I know. But it didn't rest well with him is all.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    iainf72 wrote:
    Jens came across as just that when interviewed on Wednesday morning. Palpaby agonising between loyalty to a team mate and a genuine abhorrence of the cycling drug culture. My heart went out to the big fella!

Yes, considering the teams he's ridden for he must find all the nasty doping awful.

I know, I know. But it didn't rest well with him is all.

I love him but he came out of the hardcore East German gymnasiums like Ullrich/Zabel etc. He's ridden in CA, GAN and for Ullrich in the 2000 Olympics and has been a party to all that's gone on whether he took anything or not. Don't RSNT lose any prize money as a result of Frank? Also, he gave up the job with SAXO to follow the Schlecks and it's gone sour
    M.Rushton
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Any news on this issue?

Also does anyone know if they had Frank's DNA to test against Puerto bags?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Think he's awaiting the news if he gets a ban. Also prob.waiting to see if there is a team altho' Jens is signed up for another year.
    M.Rushton
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Btw, how long will Andy be banned for?

I mean, a Frank-positive is an Andy-positive. We all know that.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Are you Serious?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    ddraver wrote:
    Are you Serious?
    Positive test for Frank or not, id say it's 90% likely A. Schleck has doped.

a) He trains with Frank everyday of his life
    b) Everyone says Contador won his tours through obvious doping - which means the man who kept with him in the mountains and finished seconds behind him was probably also on the juice by that logic
    c) Anyone who races like sh*t all year except for a 3 week period needs looking at.
    d) Everything about him and his brother has been fishy this year. Still think there are reasons behind his absence barring the hip.
    e) He races under Bruyneel
    f) Brother frank likes to buy 'training' plans from suspicious doctors

All hearsay of course - but that counts for a lot on these forums.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    ddraver wrote:
    Are you Serious?

b) Everyone says Contador won his tours through obvious doping - which means the man who kept with him in the mountains and finished seconds behind him was probably also on the juice by that logic
    c) Anyone who races like sh*t all year except for a 3 week period needs looking at.
    d) Everything about him and his brother has been fishy this year. Still think there are reasons behind his absence barring the hip.

With evidence like that you'd fit right in at The Clinic :wink:
    More problems but still living....
  • LeicesterLad
    amaferanga wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    Are you Serious?

With evidence like that you'd fit right in at The Clinic :wink:

That was kind of my point. However, I do think anyone that believes A Schleck is clean as a whistle need's their head checking.
  • ddraver
    Well fine but your going to ban him based on somebody else's positive test?

Blimey, I'm starting to think Hayden Roulston's got a point!!!
    - @ddraver
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    This is the problem with the sport, nobody can have honestly put any trust in anybody.

The whole thing is rotten and I hate it, but I just can't seem to tear myself away from it, like that sexy but mental ex girlfriend.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • LeicesterLad
    ddraver wrote:
    Well fine but your going to ban him based on somebody else's positive test?

Blimey, I'm starting to think Hayden Roulston's got a point!!!

No i'm not going to ban him - but seeing as he and Frank live out of each others pockets, train together, work together, live together, hold hands together etc, I'd say linking Andy to Franks positive test is on a par with linking a rider to a dodgy doctor - suspicion has to fall on Andy now, he's tainted.
  • LeicesterLad
    This is the problem with the sport, nobody can have honestly put any trust in anybody.

The whole thing is rotten and I hate it, but I just can't seem to tear myself away from it, like that sexy but mental ex girlfriend.

I agree with this. Like i said i'm not totally going to write Andy off, afterall he 'has never tested positive' but with Franks positive has to come natural suspicion of Andy.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Did someone mention banning?
  • LeicesterLad

Not in that context officer Chasey :wink:
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400

Do you get an alert sent to your phone when certain words are mentioned? Banning, Boonen, Flanders, Steak...
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Frankie boy's finished.

Too old for a comeback. Even if he climbs on a bike in another pro-race he'll be nowhere.

Time to forget him boys, and remember him for what he was

11141%257C00000035c%257Caf9f_orh270w270_etape15-11.jpg
    Tour+of+California+Stage+8+3bxpK9g34F9l.jpg

a guy with gimpy celebrations and the steering of a truck on ice

Shleck.jpg
  • Ahhhh...my final memory of him is doomed to be him looking forlorn and abandoned by the roadside after the crash on the Metz stage, with no one waiting up the road for him. Team of the Tour indeed...
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    ddraver wrote:
    Are you Serious?

Not entirely, no.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Frankie boy's finished.

Too old for a comeback. Even if he climbs on a bike in another pro-race he'll be nowhere.

Yep, those multiple Luxembourg championship wins will seal his place in legend forever no matter what happens ;)
  • Pross wrote:
    Frankie boy's finished.

Yep, those multiple Luxembourg championship wins will seal his place in legend forever no matter what happens ;)

Plus possible the career pinnacle of Luxembourgish Sportsman of the Year 2006
  • ddraver
    ThomThom wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    Are you Serious?

Not entirely, no.

Oh Ok then....
    - @ddraver
  • This is the problem with the sport, nobody can have honestly put any trust in anybody.

the one in your avatar?!!
  • The Schlecks needed to stay together says Andersen

That'll work well when Frank is sat on the naughty step (assuming the Xipamide doesn't get swept under the rug on 08 Oct).

Andy
  • ddraver
    He's got a point - Together last year, good result - Apart this year, Horror Show!

Now I suspect that one may have not caused the other somehow but as an observation it cannot be denied!
    - @ddraver
  • Tour+of+California+Stage+8+3bxpK9g34F9l.jpg

I'd always wondered what Frank Spencer would look like on a bike
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Does any doping hearing ever get held on schedule? I can't imagine the Luxembourg authorities are bogged down in such cases!
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Sorry to be flippant in a doping issue that everyone's taking very seriously, but why is the Luxembourg Anti-Doping Agency 'NADA' and not 'LADA'?

Makes very nittle sense to me...