F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,171
    andyp wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    So how does poisoning him get them out of that? They'll still have to pay him.

Breach of contract as presumably they'll have signed some anti-doping clause?

You'd have to be a weapons grade moron to sign a contract with such a clause when Bruyneel is involved.

He's a Schleck ;) I thought clauses like that were standard in cycling though?
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Has anyone got a link to some info on how its used to mask the micro-epo dosing part of a blood transfusion doping strategy?? (if this is the case, its been mentioned).
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    mfin wrote:
    Has anyone got a link to some info on how its used to mask the micro-epo dosing part of a blood transfusion doping strategy?? (if this is the case, its been mentioned).

I doubt it's required. You'd just use EPO I/V and your body would flush it within 12 hours with a bit of water.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    iainf72 wrote:
    mfin wrote:

I doubt it's required. You'd just use EPO I/V and your body would flush it within 12 hours with a bit of water.

So generally, you'd take the risk that you wouldn't get tested in those 12 hours, not use a masking agent, and run away if the testers turned up too early?

Do you have any estimates for how much quicker the EPO would be flushed from the system with the diuretic?
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Aren't diuretics usually used to mask steroids which take longer to leave the body? That's what Shane Warne told me he definitely wasn't up to anyway.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Aren't diuretics usually used to mask steroids which take longer to leave the body? That's what Shane Warne told me he definitely wasn't up to anyway.
    Share Warne is a vain man who was overweight. I think it's almost certain he took a diet pill to try and lose a bit of flab. Steroids aren't going to be much use to a spin bower.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    CN saying they ve signed for ASTANA

God 'elp!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    ddraver wrote:
    CN saying they ve signed for ASTANA

God 'elp!

Isn't that where Nibs is going?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Yup.

S'what you get for signing too early.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/schleck ... oming-year

2mill and 1.8mill a year they were getting paid. I hope that is not true as the sponsors were getting robbed!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    edited July 2012
    Jez mon wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    mfin wrote:

So generally, you'd take the risk that you wouldn't get tested in those 12 hours, not use a masking agent, and run away if the testers turned up too early?

Do you have any estimates for how much quicker the EPO would be flushed from the system with the diuretic?
    They use diruetics to change the pH value of urine and this makes it less able to absorb the trace elements of the rocket fuel so that tests suggest the athlete is clean. That's why its called a masking agent.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Yes. [see above]
  • frenchfighter
    020-IMG_4028_edited-1.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Reports via Twitter now saying that Astana only want Andy and made it clear Frank wasn't part of the plan.
  • frenchfighter
    Yeah. Pretty funny:

"They must understand that the Schleck duo can be a handicap for a team. Given their refusal to separate, we ended talks." (Vino)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    I'm actually a fan of Andy Schleck, but the two of them as unit just make me think of these guys:

Jedward.jpg

Maybe Vino put something in Frank's cool aid to get out of having to sign him.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Yeah. Pretty funny:

"They must understand that the Schleck duo can be a handicap for a team. Given their refusal to separate, we ended talks." (Vino)

Do you know I reckon that's the first time they ll have ever been told that...It's going to be interesting to see what happens now that their Sugar Daddy is screwed!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • iainf72
    B sample also positive
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    Nevermind. A Vuelta on his own could be the making of Andy.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Inrng and others reporting the B sample is positive.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    POISONED! POISONED I tells ye!
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    did anyone see Jensie being interviewed by Ned on ITV4 day before the news broke? He was saying how he believed the peleton was now clean. and then his team mate kicked him in the balls....
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,171
    PBo wrote:
    did anyone see Jensie being interviewed by Ned on ITV4 day before the news broke? He was saying how he believed the peloton was now clean. and then his team mate kicked him in the balls....

I'm pretty Jens would always have said the peloton was clean.
    Mañana
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    End of career.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    PBo wrote:
    did anyone see Jensie being interviewed by Ned on ITV4 day before the news broke? He was saying how he believed the peloton was now clean. and then his team mate kicked him in the balls....
    Had someone actually kicked Jens in the balls, I'm pretty sure that would have resulted in a broken foot for them ;)
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Reaching straight for the Contador playbook, I see.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Jens came across as just that when interviewed on Wednesday morning. Palpaby agonising between loyalty to a team mate and a genuine abhorrence of the cycling drug culture. My heart went out to the big fella!
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    edited July 2012
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/tour-frank-schlecks-b-sample-positive-153123060--spt.html
    I will therefore continue my search to find out how the substance could have entered my body.

:)
  • iainf72
    Jens came across as just that when interviewed on Wednesday morning. Palpaby agonising between loyalty to a team mate and a genuine abhorrence of the cycling drug culture. My heart went out to the big fella!

Yes, considering the teams he's ridden for he must find all the nasty doping awful.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Love the conspieracy theory of anyone who goes against the wishes of Bruyneel is soon busted for drugs. Long list of these fellas :P

Not that I beleive it but it really does help paint Johan has some evil super villian. ooo Batman showing tonight!