F Schleck tests positive for diuretic

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Interesting. I wonder how that will affect Andy.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Less twisting of the spine. :P

Let's see who appeals the ban length first...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    How do they come up with that number? 12 months?.. UCI or Wada will appeal I'm sure.

Don't think it will affect Andy much. Andy has of course been in knowing of anything Frank's been doing the whole time. They literally live in the same bedroom.

That's why it's incredible willpower of Andy that he did not get carried away and did the same as his brother ... :roll:
  • Is it backdated or from today? Any idea when he will ride in competition again?

Edit: apparently he can ride again from middle of July
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited January 2013
    johnboy183 wrote:
    Is it backdated or from today? Any idea when he will ride in competition again?

Edit: apparently he can ride again from middle of July
    Backdated. Which is fair enough as he has been suspended from racing since the positive. He'll be eligible in mid July.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Anyone think he ll race though?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • July 14th, 2013?
    So, Andy and Frank start racing almost on the same day. :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • July 14th, 2013?
    So, Andy and Frank start racing almost on the same day. :P

YES! Franky's going to pop up halfway up Ventoux and give Andy his wheel :)
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    NicFrance wrote:
    12 month ban

Good... bye bye Frank
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    I hope they strip him of th...oh, no wait. Carry on.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    I think it's obviously that what one brother does the other does too so this reflects bad on both of them.

i thought you only got a reduced ban if you co-ooperated. The strict liability rule means it doesn't matter how the stuff got that just that it was there. As he hasn't named any dealers or helped then surely he can't get a reduced sentence.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    JonGinge wrote:
    Less twisting of the spine. :P.

LOL

Just got that.

:oops:

Carry on
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • sherer wrote:
    I think it's obviously that what one brother does the other does too so this reflects bad on both of them.

i thought you only got a reduced ban if you co-ooperated. The strict liability rule means it doesn't matter how the stuff got that just that it was there. As he hasn't named any dealers or helped then surely he can't get a reduced sentence.

That was my understanding. Possible that the length of ban could be appealed by WADA?
    I have a policy of only posting comment on the internet under my real name. This is to moderate my natural instinct to flame your fatuous, ill-informed, irrational, credulous, bigoted, semi-literate opinions to carbon, you knuckle-dragging f***wits.
  • ddraver
    sherer wrote:

No, it isnt....
    - @ddraver
  • LeicesterLad
    ddraver wrote:
    sherer wrote:

No, it isnt....

Are you really that naive DD?
  • ddraver
    I think this has all the hall marks of an old failing rider trying anything to get one more decent contract for next year than anything more permanant.

Lets not forget that Bruneyl kept them apart for much of last year
    - @ddraver
  • What a joke! A back dated ban and he hardly misses too much racing. It was a masking agent so the liklihood is he is up to other supplements as well. Good chance to show they are intent on cleaning up cycling and they bottle it at the first opportunity
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    once again this shows the stupidity of having national federations investigate their own athletes. They can't be bothered to look into it properly and will accept any excuse given
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    sherer wrote:

I've got two brothers and I've done plenty of things that neither of them has(or hasn't) and vice versa. What's your reasoning behind that statement? Also, where's the proof?
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    ddraver wrote:
    sherer wrote:
    No, it isnt....
    So we're in favour of Cav doing time for drug trafficking?
    Edit: Read back a bit further and noticed that ThomThom claims "They literally live in the same bedroom." What is it with the Bertie fan club meaning you have to get on Andy Schleck the whole time.
  • LeicesterLad
    dougzz wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    sherer wrote:
    No, it isnt....
    So we're in favour of Cav doing time for drug trafficking?
    Edit: Read back a bit further and noticed that ThomThom claims "They literally live in the same bedroom." What is it with the Bertie fan club meaning you have to get on Andy Schleck the whole time.

Because while everybody else hates Bertie, we need a hate figure too :wink:

Besides, I don't mind Andy these days actually, I don't regard him as a hero or anything - equally I don't regard him as the face of clean cycling, my reasoned decision is:

1. His training partner is a convicted doper
    2. His housemate is a convicted doper
    3. His brother is a convicted doper
    4. His team-mate is a convicted doper
    5. His Boss was behind the biggest doping scandal in recent memory
    6. Radioshack ooze dirt
    7. Only rides *really* well once a year
    8. He didn't lamblast Bertie when he got done for doping - infact he was even sympathetic
    9. He hasn't made any comment of any merit on LA, Bruyneel etc.

Granted, much of this is guilt by association - though on this forum that is usually taken as 100% proof.

I regard both Schlecks as a kind of Ivan Basso figure - bit dirty, always there or there abouts when they want to be, nice enough as people etc.

Just my opinion. Plus if Frank was doing it back in the day with fuentes then that blows DD's 'desperate ageing rider' theory out of the water and means that Andy has known about his brothers habits for a while.
  • ddraver
    Big If....
    - @ddraver
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601

Granted, much of this is guilt by association - though on this forum that is usually taken as 100% proof.

++++++++1

Only problem is that this forum doesn't amount to a hill of beans as far as truth goes.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545

Disagree. One of the things that makes this a worthwhile place to contribute is that skullduggery allegations are normally supported by evidence. Otherwise they are challenged. As in this case. Not saying it doesn't ever happen, but a least heated disputes are often about the meaning of agreed facts, rather than allegations.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • thomthom
    edited January 2013
    ddraver wrote:
    I think this has all the hall marks of an old failing rider trying anything to get one more decent contract for next year than anything more permanant.

And the money transfer to Fuentes in 2006 in his peak years?...

Andy was second behind Di Luca and in front of Ricco and Simoni just 7-8 months later...
  • LeicesterLad
    ddraver wrote:
    Big If....

It isn't really, not after Fuentes comments yesterday, they were pretty conclusive as far as Franks 'training plan' line is concerned.
  • ddraver
    No one ever said they were intelligent

plucked out of nothing Thom....
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    dougzz wrote:
    What is it with the Bertie fan club meaning you have to get on Andy Schleck the whole time.

It's lazy and it's easy. They do make the latter very easy...today even more so...
    - @ddraver
  • thomthom
    edited January 2013
    Just stating the obvious. It is easy, yes. But Frank and Andy have made it easy all by themselves.

They live together24/7 and has always done so.
    Frank's been caught doping twice.
    Rode under a SD that sent his riders to Fuentes.
    Andy beating top dopers in his Giro debut as 21 year old.

Saying Andy didn't know about Frank doping is incredibly naive.