Tdf Stage 6 *Spoiler*

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    tumblr_m6qwv9p8DX1qap9plo1_500.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,183
    Amazing that Canc was able to work out who crashed next to him at that speed! Also note he said it's part of the job to just carry on - changed his tune in the last 2 years.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,454
    brettjmcc wrote:
    the one bonus is that Sky get to probably now get rid of the yellow lids - looks like RSNT are top in the team Comp

The team comp is done on the top three finishers per team per day, not the top three on GC.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    So, depending how people react, it could make the racing more interesting. Judging by how angry Frank was he obviously had thoughts of doing a good GC ride.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    GC rider summary

0.04 Evans, Nibali, Kloden, Sanchez, Wiggins, VDB, Froome, Leipheimer, Menchov, Costa, Coppel

2.05 Schleck, Scarponi, Brajkovic, Rolland, Pinot, Mollema, Peraud, Valverde, Taaramae, Cobo

3.31 Gesink

6.02 Voeckler

13.24 Hesjedal, Westra

DNF Danielson
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    The way some of you guys are reacting you'd think its the 1st big crash you have ever ever seen in the TDF..........its bike racing ffs it happens every year ..........thats why i cant quite understand the amount of wailing and gnashing of teeth going on !
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    What group was Horner in?
  • Pross
    andyp wrote:
    brettjmcc wrote:
    the one bonus is that Sky get to probably now get rid of the yellow lids - looks like RSNT are top in the team Comp

The team comp is done on the top three finishers per team per day, not the top three on GC.

Is it? I'm amazed that Sky have had it every day in that case.
  • Pross
    Froome and Rogers must be in fairly good GC spots now then.
  • Pross wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    brettjmcc wrote:

It's still cumulative though, isn't it?
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Snorebens wrote:
    So Nibs vs Wiggo vs Cadel vs Denis? Anyone else left ?!?

Surprised Kelly hasnt punted Cancellara for the win yet ..........ok its a long shot but with two big TTs and a relatively easier route you never know.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • andyp wrote:
    brettjmcc wrote:

that's wrong. Otherwise, how do you have a winning team up on the podium in Paris.

Looking at the official website, Sky 6th team today. 1st overall, 4 seconds ahead of RSNT
  • Pross
    Moray Gub wrote:
    The way some of you guys are reacting you'd think its the 1st big crash you have ever ever seen in the TDF..........its bike racing ffs it happens every year ..........thats why i cant quite understand the amount of wailing and gnashing of teeth going on !

True but I can't recall as many GC 'contenders' (I'm not sure many of them were really this year) being taken out in one crash. Other than the Vuelta?? a few years back I can't recall seeing so many riders going down at the same time in a GC.
  • gattocattivo
    gattocattivo Posts: 500
    afx237vi wrote:
    Vansummeren looks like he got in a fight with a lion.

That explains what caused the crash, then. You'd think someone would have seen it prowling around at the side of the road and got rid of it before the peloton arrived.
  • Pross
    andyp wrote:
    brettjmcc wrote:

that's wrong. Otherwise, how do you have a winning team up on the podium in Paris.

Looking at the official website, Sky 6th team today. 1st overall, 4 seconds ahead of RSNT

That's how I always understood it - combined time of top 3 riders from each team on GC. Sky could extend it tomorrow.
  • iainf72
    Pross wrote:
    True but I can't recall as many GC 'contenders' (I'm not sure many of them were really this year) being taken out in one crash. Other than the Vuelta?? a few years back I can't recall seeing so many riders going down at the same time in a GC.

First week of the 2010 Giro was carnage.
  • frenchfighter
    RichN95 wrote:
    GC rider summary

0.04 Evans, Nibali, Kloden, Sanchez, Wiggins, VDB, Froome, Leipheimer, Menchov, Costa, Coppel

2.05 Schleck, Scarponi, Brajkovic, Rolland, Pinot, Mollema, Peraud, Valverde, Taaramae, Cobo

3.31 Gesink

6.02 Voeckler

13.24 Hesjedal, Westra

DNF Danielson

Thanks.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Pross wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    brettjmcc wrote:

You're misunderstanding. The times of the top three in each team on each stage are added together and those three times for every stage are all added together. No rider has gained time on the peloton since the prologue (apart from a handful getting four seconds today)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_m6qxmoFMdP1qacyk6o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_m6qxiyRCeh1qacyk6o1_500.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    afx237vi wrote:
    Vansummeren looks like he got in a fight with a lion.

That explains what caused the crash, then. You'd think someone would have seen it prowling around at the side of the road and got rid of it before the peloton arrived.

Haha, these lions can be quick though and break from cover rapidly.
  • Pross
    iainf72 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

In one individual crash though? I can't remember, was that the year Wiggins crashed about 5 times in the first week and there was the huge break in the middle of the race.
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Tour de France 1999 was heavily influenced by a crash. A certain someone gained 6 minutes on many other contenders.
  • Pross
    RichN95 wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    brettjmcc wrote:

You're misunderstanding. The times of the top three in each team on each stage are added together and those three times for every stage are all added together. No rider has gained time on the peloton since the prologue (apart from a handful getting four seconds today)

Ah, right. Thanks - seems a strange way to do it though, why not just add the top 3 on GC together?
  • iainf72
    Pross wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

In one individual crash though? I can't remember, was that the year Wiggins crashed about 5 times in the first week and there was the huge break in the middle of the race.

Sorry, didn't see the in one crash bit. The last time would've been when Chinny slowed everyone down in 2010 Tour I suppose.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    iainf72 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Last year VDB, Wiggo and Vinokourov went out early on in very bad pile ups and that other thing happened i was going to post but now have forgotten in the time it took for me to write the first part of this sentence GAH
  • frenchfighter
    edited October 2012
    delte
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Any chance of Sagan getting over the 1st cat climb with or near enough the lead group on Stage 8?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • iainf72
    Any chance of Sagan getting over the 1st cat climb with or near enough the lead group on Stage 8?

It's possible. Unlikely I think - He'll probably be working for Spaghetti Man Mr Nibbles.

The guys are blaming inexperienced riders and teams just making up the numbers. Won't say anything or Andyp will post a troll picture.
  • Pross

I wouldn't put anything past him. I've seen him climb well before. Had the same thought myself but decided there'll be too many climber types looking for a stage win so the pace will probably be too high for him. Lots of climbs on the stage as well to tire him out first.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206

Well one of the liquigas team people thought this was a possibility and post-race the eurosport guys were discussing this possibility of Nibs the main GC but also Sagan for GC. I recall him having previous form in some sort of climbing territory but i may be wrong. It would certainly be interesting to see.