USADA files doping charges against Lance

Comments

• bigdawg
    bigdawg Posts: 672
    DavMartinR wrote:
    Lance should lose his $7m he got from that insurance company for winning 7 Tours in theory, since they all get stripped.

Because of this and the possibility of the Federal case of missuses of government funds. I think he has to take his chances with arbitration, rather than accept the ban straight off.

Isnt the federal case the jeff novitsky case that was unexplainadly shut down on the day they were due to make charges?
    dont knock on death\'s door.....

Ring the bell and leg it...that really pi**es him off....
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    bigdawg wrote:
    what are the odds of doing nothing and then spinning it so he justifies it with how can they ban me without a fair trial (whcih is what I think Ferrari has done)..?

Along those same lines what if he comes up clean as a whistle? Will the people on this forum spin it to how he somehow bribed and or threatened whomever? I think so. :?
  • dennisn
    It just sort of struck me, and I may have said this before but it sure appears that, other than myself, everyone on this thread is "preaching to the choir". :?
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    DavMartinR wrote:
    Lance should lose his $7m he got from that insurance company for winning 7 Tours in theory, since they all get stripped.
    Because of this and the possibility of the Federal case of missuses of government funds. I think he has to take his chances with arbitration, rather than accept the ban straight off.
    I'm sure I read somewhere that there was little likelihood he's have to re-pay the SCA (Insurance company that underwrote the 5 wins bonus) money because of the time that's elapsed. Doubtless there are lawyers chomping at the bit to get rich off the whole saga that may follow.
  • Along those same lines what if he comes up clean as a whistle? Will the people on this forum spin it to how he somehow bribed and or threatened whomever? I think so. :?

I would suggest the chances of that aren't all that high.

Andy
  • dennisn wrote:
    bigdawg wrote:
    what are the odds of doing nothing and then spinning it so he justifies it with how can they ban me without a fair trial (whcih is what I think Ferrari has done)..?

Along those same lines what if he comes up clean as a whistle?
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:
    bigdawg wrote:

Along those same lines what if he comes up clean as a whistle?
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I know. I'm only trying. :oops:
  • Limburger
    Limburger Posts: 346
    Dr Ashenden making some good points as well as a bit of 'hypothetical (don't suit me) scenarios'.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ashende ... estigation
    God made the Earth. The Dutch made The Netherlands

FCN 11/12 - Ocasional beardy
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    In this event I wouldnt be at all surprised if there were some mysterious and inexplicable leakage of witness statements...

Isn't the Hog going to arbitration already? If so, a lot of the witness statements will come out then.

Andy

Who is the Hog?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Lichtblick wrote:
    In this event I wouldnt be at all surprised if there were some mysterious and inexplicable leakage of witness statements...

Isn't the Hog going to arbitration already? If so, a lot of the witness statements will come out then.

Andy

Who is the Hog?

Ah. Nicknames that seperate the casual fan from the real fan.*

Bruyneel is the hog.

* semi joking, innit.
  • Lichtblick wrote:

Andy

Who is the Hog?

Bruyneel, I think the nickname is taken from Cycling hipster website NYVelocity's comic of varying funniness Toto.

It's to make Noobs feel dumb.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Lichtblick
    Noob? Following TdF since 2005 and still a "noob"? :shock:

Please don't go all bbc. Not nice. Ta.
  • Lichtblick wrote:

Following the Tour?! Deary me, that'll never do.

The Ronde Der Oost Vlanderaan is where the real action is at... Although you probably haven't heard of that.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Lichtblick wrote:

Following the Tour?! Deary me, that'll never do.

The Ronde Der Oost Vlanderaan is where the real action is at... Although you probably haven't heard of that.
    I've always preferred the Ronde der Diepste Vlaanderen Eenpaardstad myself
  • rick_chasey
    The Le Triptyque des Monts et Châteaux is always a good laugh.
  • You're all just so obvious, I'm really more of a Tour De Mont Aigoual man myself.

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    The GP Kralovehradeckeho Kraje was great last week. Good ride by Martin Hacecky.
  • The GP Kralovehradeckeho Kraje was great last week. Good ride by Martin Hacecky.

Do ASC Dukla have an away kit?

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    The GP Kralovehradeckeho Kraje was great last week. Good ride by Martin Hacecky.

Do ASC Dukla have an away kit?

Camouflage probably, given that it's the Czech MoD's athletics/sports team.
  • Lichtblick
    Noob question. Isn't there another thread for other races? :)
  • It's to make Noobs feel dumb.

That wasn't really the intention, so far as there wasn't one.
    Camouflage probably, given that it's the Czech MoD's athletics/sports team.

A colleague of mine was in Prague as a student and tried to obtain a Dukla Prague away shirt. The locals, not being acquainted with HMHB, thought this was very odd, and explained to him that pretty much everyone hated Dukla Prague because of the state connotations.

Andy
  • rick_chasey
    Hah! Only on the internet.
  • It's to make Noobs feel dumb.

That wasn't really the intention, so far as there wasn't one.

I was only joking, I just find some of the more idiosyncratic stuff on here, and how seriously some people take the internet, quite funny.

@gietvangent
  • I was only joking, I just find some of the more idiosyncratic stuff on here, and how seriously some people take the internet, quite funny.

Well, you were right about When The Toto Turns being only intermittetly funny.

And 'the Hog' is such a stupid nickname it seems a pity not to use it. A bit like the Cobra.

Andy
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Tour of Alsace for me, especially when MDCC massive win.

Back on topic, anything from wonderboy about what he is doing? Or is he sh!tting the Ferrari interview?
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • Well, today's the day and the clock is ticking towards that appeal deadline.
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    Looks like he is dragging it out to the very last minute...
  • I can't believe there won't be a last minute request for arbitration.

Mind you, even if he doesn't lodge an application, the USPS dirty laundry will get an airing at Bruyneel's hearing...

Andy
  • Foucault
    Foucault Posts: 104
    Looks like Armstrong has decided not to fight doping charges though is threatening to sue USADA if they sanction him http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycling/ ... 57258616/1