USADA files doping charges against Lance

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Oooh Snap!

[shallow] I confess I would nt have minded being in the middle of this - 949771.jpg
    [/shallow]
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    RichN95 wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:
    As Rich says, you big show off :lol:

You mean Rick

Rick = short, skinny, anglo-dutch cyclist
    Rich = short, fat, anglo-welsh hockey player

One of us actual uses their real name and one has a signed Boonen WC jersey hanging on their wall.

Totally off topic - did you enjoy the hockey (the 9-2 or whatever it was 'drubbing' aside [was it even a drubbing? No clue about hockey])?
    It wasn't a drubbing, it was worse than that. I was actually in the stadium to see it. The Dutch are good, but they're not that good. GB seemed to forget to defend and the keeper had a stinker. A couple of quality goals though. Shame they didn't beat the Germans.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    ddraver wrote:
    Oooh Snap!

[shallow] I confess I would nt have minded being in the middle of this - 949771.jpg
    [/shallow]

You're a better man than I am. I wouldn't have come out of the middle of THAT alive.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    New documents in Armstrong v. USADA case include Aug. 16 letter from UCI boss Pat McQuaid to USA Cycling saying "USADA cannot proceed."

via @NYDNSportsITeam

WTF is wrong with McQuaid?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72
    More

McQuaid/Armstrong want UCI jurisdiction. McQuaid: "USADA is acting on behalf of USA Cycling and USA Cycling is acting on behalf of UCI."
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    mfin wrote:

Ridiculous article there and you can tell it was written by an American. it also seems to ignore the fact that there were drugs in sport long before TV came along so not sure why they expect ESPN and Fox to just not show sport on TV
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    mfin wrote:
    That's just an opinion piece that conveniently misses awkward facts. 4/10 undergrad yr 1 effort. A rant more at home in the forum.
  • Vino'sGhost
    iainf72 wrote:
    New documents in Armstrong v. USADA case include Aug. 16 letter from UCI boss Pat McQuaid to USA Cycling saying "USADA cannot proceed."

via @NYDNSportsITeam

WTF is wrong with McQuaid?

He a cant isn't he.

Where's the link? Stop teasing
  • iainf72 wrote:

From yesterday? Crikey.

Andy
  • iainf72
    http://www.bouldercriminallawadvisor.co ... ge-sparks/

Oi vey.

Is this the best they can do?
  • iainf72
  • Vino'sGhost
    iainf72 wrote:

Seems pretty clear to me, but then I'm only a legal academic. Not sure it will float though ( but I wouldn't bet against it either)

ave perry mason calves
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    So when does Sparky play his magic piano and give verdict on this contractual dispute?
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • symo wrote:
    So when does Sparky play his magic piano and give verdict on this contractual dispute?

I think he's due to rule on 23 Aug. Isn't there a deadline of Fri for Wonderboy to accept USADA's ruling or go into arbitration?

Andy
  • DNQ
    DNQ Posts: 45
    sherer wrote:
    if i'm correct today is the last day both parties have for submitting more documents on the case. The judge will then have to decide something by Weds as that is the USADA deadline.

Doubt we will have anything today but the next few days could be interesting

I don't think Federal courts work to USADA's timetable !

USADA will not act before the courts decision, watch what happens if they try!
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 494
    Should Sparks rule in LA's favour, I guess others found guilty or maybe charged in future can just use the LA v USADA case as to why they actually have no case to answer ? Has anyone worked out the next-step implications of this scenario ?
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    le patron wrote:
    Should Sparks rule in LA's favour, I guess others found guilty or maybe charged in future can just use the LA v USADA case as to why they actually have no case to answer ? Has anyone worked out the next-step implications of this scenario ?

If anyone can predict all that I need some really good Lottery numbers. I would rather know those than what might happen to LA.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,574
    le patron wrote:

There would an appeal. Then there would be a lot of politics.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    So Lance lost...

the Inner Ring ‏@inrng
    Lance Armstrong's Texan lawsuit dismissed, via @TheRaceRadio. Means USADA can proceed with arbitration hearing over "US Postal Conspiracy"
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    22_yikes.gif
  • DeadCalm
    22_yikes.gif

Actually, I wish I'd held off for a bit. Not sure the source (Race Radio) is overly reliable.
  • rick_chasey
    DeadCalm wrote:
    22_yikes.gif

Actually, I wish I'd held off for a bit. Not sure the source (Race Radio) is overly reliable.

Iain seems to think he is.

In fairness, race radio's quite quick with the leaked papers on this topic so I'd take it as fairly accurate.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm wrote:
    22_yikes.gif

Iain seems to think he is.

In fairness, race radio's quite quick with the leaked papers on this topic so I'd take it as fairly accurate.
    I hope so.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Sparks decision

Lance Armstrong's Texan lawsuit dismissed

http://www.scribd.com/doc/103348811/Sparks-Decision
    cartoon.jpg
  • DeadCalm
    Yay. Will be interesting to see what Armstrong's next move is. We should know more by Friday I guess.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Page 16 of the decision in favour of USADA's request to dismiss says Armstrong can clearly go to CAS then Swiss Courts.

Of course, who'd put money on him doing either of these things if he has an alternative which doesn't deal with the actual doping accusations.
  • rick_chasey
    mfin wrote:
    Page 16 of the decision in favour of USADA's request to dismiss says Armstrong can clearly go to CAS then Swiss Courts.

Of course, who'd put money on him doing either of these things if he has an alternative which doesn't deal with the actual doping accusations.

That's standard for any conflict in sport though.
  • DeadCalm
    Doesn't look like it will be happy reading for Pat...

the Inner Ring ‏@inrng
    Judge mocks the "bitter infighting" between UCI/USAC/USADA/WADA. Also states UCI had "evident desire not to proceed" against Armstrong.