• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited October 2012
    Lance in a suit is hilarious
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    NicFrance wrote:
    Concerning J.Bruyneel: Andy and Fränk are probably going to leave RNT, the lawyer of the Schleck-brothers is already in negociations with other teams.

http://www.wort.lu/de/view/schlecks-auf-dem-absprung-4fdae29fe4b061d3bee24791

Good. I was a two hand seller of the Whack Shack since its inception. A definite failing of judgement whoever went there.

Schlecks should never have left Riis although I am sure he is happier with a Champion like Contador. I do hope that the Schlecks move to a team with a strong manager who will show them what it means to be a pro cyclist, how to become champions and how to touch their potential over a consistent and long period.

s_t35_19660111.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • natsnoz
    natsnoz Posts: 235
    ddraver wrote:
    Tusher wrote:
    yes, many cycling journalists were fully aware of what was going on, and no doubt wanted to publish, but their publishers were wary of being sued by LA, and it was this which kept them quiet rather than the fear of advertisers leaving. Ned Boulting's book "How I Won the Yellow Jumper", which is essentially a most enjoyable piece of fluff for reading on the train, had to be run past a lawyer before Boulting could publish the pages on LA. And it was the publisher who insisted on this.
    And yet he was still happy to make a buck from writing a book featuring Armstrong...

Far too many 'journalists' and publishers have pandered to Armstrong not because they were afraid of being sued (which once a substantial amount of information became public knowledge was not going to happen in any case) but because Armstrong represented a 'cash cow' that they all wanted to benefit from, even though they knew of all the cheating and corruption that lay behind the myth.

They are as complicit in all this as the UCI are. They always had the choice of not writing about him at all, or in only the most passing manner, and instead they looked to the cash.

So Boulting should have written a book about his experiences covering the Tour De France and NOT mentioned the winner? Really? You actually think that's what he should have done! Man I knew you were interested in doping but you re not, you re obsessed!!

I thought Boulting's book gave a very good inside view into the workings of Larry and Discovery - The Simeoni bit was particuarly good. I certainly did nt come away from reading the book with a better opinion of Armstrong!!

I agree, Ned's book has to include to actions of Larrygate, its a good read and certainly my opinion of Larry stays the same.
    So Kimmage has stated that this must mean that Flandis must be telling the truth!
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Schlecks should never have left Riis although I am sure he is happier with a Champion like Contador. I do hope that the Schlecks move to a team with a strong manager who will show them what it means to be a pro cyclist, how to become champions and how to touch their potential over a consistent and long period.

Or recommend them a good gynacologyst.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    I wonder if Nissan can put a stop on the cheque, more difficult for RadioShack and especially Trek as they're more directly associated with LA and JB.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    [there.

quote]

Hmmm, Bruyneel and Riis. Same shit, different shovel really. I think this is more about the Schlecks and what they want out of the sport.
    M.Rushton
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    ddraver wrote:
    So Boulting should have written a book about his experiences covering the Tour De France and NOT mentioned the winner?...I certainly did nt come away from reading the book with a better opinion of Armstrong!!
    I haven't read that particular book, and it is obvious that there have been some credible things written about Armstrong. Look at Walsh's books for example. However there have been a huge number of dreadful 'puff' pieces about Armstrong or making reference to him, written purely because there was a ready market for them. I.e. cash to be made.

How many magazine covers have featured Armstrong because the editor knew that would boost sales, even though the editor knew that the 'product' they were selling amounted to a nothing more than a huge fraud? Article after article has supported the Armstrong myth when it would have been quite possible to ignore him or write the article from a different angle. Look at the piece I linked to earlier concerning how losing weight can supposedly turn a rider into a Tour de France winner, for example.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    HAHAHA HA HA HA HA eeees very funny to sea theese now. I am out of retire in order for the gloating and celebrate demise of bully.

AVE long lost online chat buddies and especialy the northern freckled tush maiden.

Emperor Vino 1st
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    ddraver wrote:
    So Boulting should have written a book about his experiences covering the Tour De France and NOT mentioned the winner?...I certainly did nt come away from reading the book with a better opinion of Armstrong!!
    I haven't read that particular book, and it is obvious that there have been some credible things written about Armstrong. Look at Walsh's books for example. However there have been a huge number of dreadful 'puff' pieces about Armstrong or making reference to him, written purely because there was a ready market for them. I.e. cash to be made.

:lol::lol::lol:

So you have nt even read the book in question, yet you still trash it? Wow! Critical Faculties at their sharpest there. :roll:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    LA interview at the start of the year. Interesting from LA psyche point of view [I apologise for the dreadful photo accompanying the piece]:

"In my mind, I’m truly done," he says, when the recorder is back on. "You can interpret that however you want. But no matter what happens, I’m finished. I’m done fighting. I’ve moved on. If there are other things that arise, I’m not contesting anything. Case closed."

http://www.mensjournal.com/magazine/pri ... e-20120614
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    ddraver wrote:

How many magazine covers have featured Armstrong because the editor knew that would boost sales, even though the editor knew that the 'product' they were selling amounted to a nothing more than a huge fraud? Article after article has supported the Armstrong myth when it would have been quite possible to ignore him or write the article from a different angle. Look at the piece I linked to earlier concerning how losing weight can supposedly turn a rider into a Tour de France winner, for example.

A simple 'sorry, I was wrong' would have done fine there BB.

Strava is not Zen.
  • BikingBernie
    ddraver wrote:
    So you have nt even read the book in question, yet you still trash it? Wow! Critical Faculties at their sharpest there.
    Re-read my original post s l o w l y so you can understand what I actually said. I wrote one line commenting on how the author mentioned was quite happy to accept the censorship of his book. The second paragraph made a general point about much of what has been written about Armstrong. As a clue to help you I began this with the phrase"'Far too many 'journalists' and publishers". Nowhere did I comment on the contents of the book let alone 'trash' it. :roll:
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    HAHAHA HA HA HA HA eeees very funny to sea theese now. I am out of retire in order for the gloating and celebrate demise of bully.

AVE long lost online chat buddies and especialy the northern freckled tush maiden.

Emperor Vino 1st

How are the calves? and .. your chances in Le Tour??
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • calvjones

Emperor Vino 1st

Welcome back mighty calves. Another upside to the LA bust!

Tush, break out the fermented horse urine!

Strava is not Zen.
  • calvjones
    ddraver wrote:
    So you have nt even read the book in question, yet you still trash it? Wow! Critical Faculties at their sharpest there.
    Re-read my original post s l o w l y so you can understand what I actually said. I wrote one line commenting on how the author mentioned was quite happy to accept the censorship of his book. The second paragraph made a general point about much of what has been written about Armstrong. As a clue to help you I began this with the phrase"'Far too many 'journalists' and publishers". Nowhere did I comment on the contents of the book let alone 'trash' it. :roll:

It must be great to have a job where you can do and say exactly what you want and still get paid.

Strava is not Zen.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    he must be in a really strange place mentally..... I think he should just be honest. Its over.

given all the options this is probably his only chance to have some sort of decent life.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,455
    skylla wrote:
    LA interview at the start of the year. Interesting from LA psyche point of view [I apologise for the dreadful photo accompanying the piece]:

"In my mind, I’m truly done," he says, when the recorder is back on. "You can interpret that however you want. But no matter what happens, I’m finished. I’m done fighting. I’ve moved on. If there are other things that arise, I’m not contesting anything. Case closed."

For someone who isn't contesting anything, he's incurring a lot of lawyers' fees;

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/ ... letter.pdf

An interesting read as they make some valid points, but you could fly a private jet through some of the holes in their argument.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    calvjones wrote:

It must be great to have a job where you can do and say exactly what you want and still get paid.

astute
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    ddraver wrote:

Nah, Nice try but that's b*ll*cks, You have absoloutly no idea what Boulting wrote/agreed to becasue you havent read any of it. Be a man and admit it!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    ahhh so ees nice to be remember,

i half enormous calves but sadly also injury is stopping me train recent and without oil the calves will not grind sad pathetic non believers. is twighlights of career.

is still love god though.

AVE

Emperor Vino
    AVE CALVES
  • skylla
    andyp wrote:
    skylla wrote:

For someone who isn't contesting anything, he's incurring a lot of lawyers' fees;

An interesting read as they make some valid points, but you could fly a private jet through some of the holes in their argument.

Interested to know what in your opinion these valid points are, Andy?
  • greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    iainf72 wrote:

Holy cow - missed this bit previously:

But according to USADA, Armstrong’s test results from his comeback years of 2009 and 2010 are “fully consistent with blood manipulation including EPO use and/or blood transfusions.” If true, that means that even as “everybody” stopped doing it, Armstrong kept right on going.

Cheeky sod!
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • It also shows his unshakeable belief that he could get away with it was well founded. It may be the comeback that is his undoing in the end.
  • skylla
    greeny12 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Holy cow - missed this bit previously:

But according to USADA, Armstrong’s test results from his comeback years of 2009 and 2010 are “fully consistent with blood manipulation including EPO use and/or blood transfusions.” If true, that means that even as “everybody” stopped doing it, Armstrong kept right on going.

Cheeky sod!

Welcome to the ride. Read the leaked 15 page document that was leaked to the WSJ. It's dynamite.
  • iainf72
    andyp wrote:

It's a good read. Typical lawyer stuff which is written knowing it will be made publicly available.

I liked the WADA statement that says what the USADA have done complies with the code.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    andyp wrote:

The tone of that letter... christ :roll: ...I didn't realise there were lawyers that unprofessional out there, stating their opinion as fact etc, let alone the emotional charge of it all. Quite odd. Perhaps, its an American culture thing, I don't know.
  • BikingBernie
    skylla wrote:
    Welcome to the ride. Read the leaked 15 page document that was leaked to the WSJ. It's dynamite.
    But tells us little that wasn't already public knowledge...
  • iainf72
    How many people have emailed the addresses on the USADA letter with a picture of Nelson from the Simpsons saying "ha ha"

:lol:
  • iainf72
    skylla wrote:
    But tells us little that wasn't already public knowledge...

There is a significant difference between an internet loon saying it and the USADA saying it.