• Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Niballi is a superb descender...Basso could learn a few tricks here :D
  • Gazzetta67
    C'mon guys am a the only one here !!! :D your missing the finale
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    I'm watching :P Just waiting for something exciting to happen so I can contribute!
  • Gazzetta67
    nweststeyn wrote:
    I'm watching :P Just waiting for something exciting to happen so I can contribute!

That makes 2 of us :D - Nibali just seemed to sit up strange or could not hold weestra's wheel strange...think they should have had this stage yesterday it does not seem as hard from previous years this final weekend.
  • nweststeyn
    Groups all back together with 4.3km to go.
  • nweststeyn
    Oh no, the 3 man breakaway is making a final desperate push... sorry!
  • nweststeyn
    NOW it's back together - 2.4km to go
  • nweststeyn
    1km to go... Katusha on the front and Evans lurking
  • cristoff
    cristoff Posts: 229
    sky sticking it to Evans!
  • nweststeyn
    edited June 2012
    Moreno, LL Sanchez, Boassen Hagen, Evans?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    nweststeyn wrote:
    Moreno, LL Sanchez, Boassan Hagen, Evans?

Evans was 3rd, EBH 4th
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • cristoff
    think evans was pipped for 3rd from what i can see.

oh no wait, announced as 3rd!
  • nweststeyn
    Well... there we go then!

Well done Bradley!
  • cristoff
    looked like EBH got 3rd on the replay. Conspiracy theory?
  • nweststeyn
    I thought he did too...
  • RichN95.
    cristoff wrote:
    looked like EBH got 3rd on the replay. Conspiracy theory?

Results sometimes get changed later. I was just reading the result off the ticker over the finish line (just Evans in third, not EBH in 4th), which comes up almost instantly, so mistakes are possible.
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642
    If that had been half a metre longer EBH would have got third, but think Evans just pipped him.

Moreno's got some serious form atm - hard to beat in an uphill sprint.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited September 2015
    These early starts are rubbish. Off to watch TDS.

Go MORENO.

Good work Wiggins. Looking unbeatable atm.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    St6
    CORVOS_00019417-066.jpg
    CORVOS_00019417-123.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    what do you make of Wiggins today? I saw him leave the Evans group with ease near the top of the 1st cat climb to bridge up and it looked like Evans was losing wheels due to wiggo's powerful jump. But in the last 3km of the climb today wiggo was quite far back and looked to be struggling ..as the 10 seconds gap showed. I reckon Wiggins doesn't look tired in French Fighter's post pic above, though maybe he was suffering????
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642
    Dave_1 wrote:
    what do you make of Wiggins today? I saw him leave the Evans group with ease near the top of the 1st cat climb to bridge up and it looked like Evans was losing wheels due to wiggo's powerful jump. But in the last 3km of the climb today wiggo was quite far back and looked to be struggling ..as the 10 seconds gap showed. I reckon Wiggins doesn't look tired in French Fighter's post pic above, though maybe he was suffering????

Reckon he was feeling pretty good today, but he was never going to win the stage so no need to follow everything in the last k or 2 - he already had the GC won. He gapped Evans at the top of the second last climb to avoid Evans attacking him on the descent - clever riding.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    He sat up before the final sprint started, and cruised home.

Heck of a year he's had.
  • RichN95.
    Dave_1 wrote:

He rode the last 300m with all the urgency of a man going to the shop to collect his Sunday paper.
  • frenchfighter
    AP
    ap-201206100916333764256.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    How many times has the Paris-Nice-Romandy-Dauphine clean sweep been done before?
  • tremayne
    tremayne Posts: 378
    Awesome from Wiggo. Want more could we want from him... Oh yeah, that! - well he'll get his chance in a few weeks, and I think he'll take it.

Wiggo First
    Wiggo Helper Second
    Evans - reigning TDF champ - Third

:lol:

Unthinkable before the advent of Sky.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    RichN95 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

He rode the last 300m with all the urgency of a man going to the shop to collect his Sunday paper.

it looked very painful last 2km and steep...not a procession. He looked to be losing wheels to me..
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    RichN95 wrote:
    And the newspaper Wiggins was going to collect was was Le Dauphiné Libéré, of course!

(Sorry to have to explain this, but for those who may not know, the Critérium du Dauphiné was previously called the Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré because the newspaper Le Dauphiné Libéré was the initiator - in 1947 - and main organiser of the race. So it was normally just referred to as the Dauphiné Libéré. However in 2010 ASO took over the race and removed the word Libéré from its title, thus sadly eliminating the reference to its previous organiser.)

Although, having said that, it also looked to me that he wasn't strolling quite as easily as RichN95 suggests.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    3.7 / 10 for the race.

I blame the stinker of a route for that.

Congratulations to Wiggins. A solid win
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.