Dauphine 2012 Spoiler

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,455
    The Grand Colombier is significantly tougher than anything they use in Lombardy or Liege. The frequent changes in gradient make it a real bitch.
  • TV coverage just started...
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Split in the field. Evans 27" ahead of Wiggins, with 2 team mates.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Hey Frenchie race apart - you must be happy bertie`s signed for another 3 years ?

Yep!

viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12858251
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Andy dropped. On the descent.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Andy dropped. On the descent.

He will blame God because it rained and the course and the other riders.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    What's going on - have it in French but with no sound - Liquigas and BMC in a break with 30sec on the peloton with Wiggins - probably 15 people in the break - some Eurocar too? Sky drilling it.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Wow, thought this stage would be dull.

How did the split occur? Crash, echelon or was Wiggins just dropped?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • afx237vi
    Wow, thought this stage would be dull.

How did the split occur? Crash, echelon or was Wiggins just dropped?

Live pictures hadn't started, but it was the descent I think. Nibali is in the group, so it's easy to imagine. All coming back together anyway.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Working for a living in a sh*t office with a sh*t computer system and no television has really ruined my cyclingfandom. :evil:
  • inkyfingers
    Interesting. The thought of Evans and Nibali attacking on the descents in the Tour is rather exciting.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • frenchfighter
    EBH had to peel off. Porte on the front.

BMC hammer down made the split.
    Evans, Hincapie and Van Garderen (BMC), Kashechkin (AST), Malacarne (EUC), Bouet and Chérel (ALM), Nibali, Nerz and Paterski (LIQ). + Kern and Feillu

25 secs

Evans attacking, once again.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Nerz nearly taking the Sky train out there as he got swallowed up by the peloton..
  • frenchfighter
    edited June 2012
    WIGGINS BRIDGING SOLO!!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    Interesting. The thought of Evans and Nibali attacking on the descents in the Tour is rather exciting.

It didn't really work when Nibali did it repeatedly in the Giro last year, though.
  • That short effort from Wiggo now means he can sit in the group and let BMC do all the work, saving the other Sky riders for efforts tomorrow / sunday
  • inkyfingers
    afx237vi wrote:

It didn't really work when Nibali did it repeatedly in the Giro last year, though.

I know, but it was fun watching him try. Is it possible that BMC and Liqui could collude if they can't drop Wiggins on the climbs?

Damn my rubbish net connection at work.
  • That short effort from Wiggo now means he can sit in the group and let BMC do all the work, saving the other Sky riders for efforts tomorrow / sunday
    That was sweet. Psychological effects of him doing that can't be discounted either...
    Twitter: @FunkyMrMagic
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi wrote:

I know, but it was fun watching him try. Is it possible that BMC and Liqui could collude if they can't drop Wiggins on the climbs?

Damn my rubbish net connection at work.

Maybe... I haven't looked at the Tour route close enough, but obviously you need a descent close enough to the finish to make it work. I'd bet Wiggins is about as good as Evans at descending. Nibali is in another league, but will he be close enough to yellow to make it worthwhile?
  • afx237vi
    That short effort from Wiggo now means he can sit in the group and let BMC do all the work, saving the other Sky riders for efforts tomorrow / sunday
    That was sweet. Psychological effects of him doing that can't be discounted either...

Conversely, his rivals might think "Sky weren't strong enough to close that final 15 seconds so Wiggo had to do it himself".
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    That short effort from Wiggo now means he can sit in the group and let BMC do all the work, saving the other Sky riders for efforts tomorrow / sunday

True, but Sky letting one of their main rivals and three of his team mates ride off the front - descent or not - was an amateur error. Bridging across to BMC was an effort that Wiggins shouldn't have had to make. Plus it looked like the chase took a fair bit our of some of the Sky riders.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    afx237vi wrote:

Conversely, his rivals might think "Sky weren't strong enough to close that final 15 seconds so Wiggo had to do it himself".

Or, more likely, given that cyclists aren't always the most interesting people.

"Racing happened. Sh!t happened".
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    crazy - all the effort to get the gap sub 30 seconds, then let them go again - now 45 seconds
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • ilm_zero7
    sky driving again with 3 and wiggins on the front
  • 20kms with 55 seconds the current lead - sprint finish anyone?
  • ilm_zero7
    are Sky cooked? the gap opens up to over a minute now, despite their driving efforts
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Is there anyone there they need to chase down?
  • afx237vi
    smithy21 wrote:
    Is there anyone there they need to chase down?

No.