• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I guess he chose the right skinsuit.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Big Tone, quick time: 1.03.46 #1
  • 4kms to go for Evans & Wiggins....

that last 200m of gap doesn't want to close!
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    I hate TT's. I love this thread. Will be watching the highlights. (if not replaced with tennis)
  • rick_chasey
    131c06e0b0ab11e181bd12313817987b_7.jpg
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I hate TT's. I love this thread. Will be watching the highlights. (if not replaced with tennis)

I think I might as well (am at work, following it by here and twittaa).
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • tremayne
    tremayne Posts: 378
    Call me a complete saddo - but I could watch footage of wiggo motoring along in his timetrial set up for quite some while before I got bored!!!
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    okgo wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Remember when he was just a prologue / TT expert who could never really win TT's and fat

Really Rick?

I remember reading an article about his diet back in his Cofidis days, he basically used to eat whatever he fancied - loads of cake etc. Not fat by normal standards, but nowhere near as lean as he is now and probably not getting the right kind of nutrition either. I said back in 2009 that he needed to move to Sky (there was a lot of criticism of that move at the time and suggestions he was going for financial rather than sporting reasons) - however well he might have been going at Garmin, the attention to detail and setup at Sky has helped him move to a whole new level. I just hope he can hold this form for the next 6 weeks...
  • Evans going to be about 1'30 down on Martin
  • rick_chasey
    Shame he didn't get the pass.

Good ride though. Not so good for the PTP (for me) but ya. Fair enough.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Awesome ride by Wiggins, destroyed them!! Chapeau that man.
  • Wiggins in 1'03'12 :)
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    get in there Brad :D
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    He also won the Garmin Winter Camp drinking contest in 2009. And that's no mean feat considering he was up against David Millar.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    For me, that ride makes him favourite for the tour and the olympic TT.
    exercise.png
  • Absolutely monstered it - very, very impressive. Chapeau 8)
  • rick_chasey
    TheStone wrote:
    For me, that ride makes him favourite for the tour and the olympic TT.

Don't under-estimate the force that is Fabu.
  • 3 Brits in the top 10 (or 2 1/2 depending upon your view on Froome)
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    So Evans only lost 6 seconds on both Evans and Wiggins in the last section, so I really don't think he did a max effort up until that point, and probably lifted it to ensure that he wasn't caught.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • frenchfighter
    Don't forget that Wiggins has done a Contador this year and owned every race he turned up to. Raced in every race he turned up to. Remained professional, looked good and remained in shape. Champion. Definitely deserves the Tour.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • bigmat
    He also won the Garmin Winter Camp drinking contest in 2009. And that's no mean feat considering he was up against David Millar.

:lol:

It does sound more fun than marginal gains, to be fair...
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I said in the PTP thread... I tried to think of a scenario (other than a crash) where Wiggins could somehow not win this race, and there wasn't one.

(God, that "At least one new post has been made to this topic" feature is annoying.)
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    BigMat wrote:

:lol:

It does sound more fun than marginal gains, to be fair...

Indeed. Garmin sounds like a great working environment.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • bigmat
    3 Brits in the top 10 (or 2 1/2 depending upon your view on Froome)

One from Belgium, one from Kenya and one from Hong Kong. Who is actually the best rider born in mainland Britain - G? Dan Martin?!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    What was the gap between Evans and Wiggins?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    1. Bradley Wiggins, 1.03.12

2. Martin, at 0.34

3. Rogers, at 1.11

4. Kelderman, at 1.25

5. Chavanel, at 1.33
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey

• rick_chasey
    QS would be f*cking quick in a TTT.

Big Tone, Grabsch, Chav, Leipheimer.. and the rest are a bunch of rouleurs anyway.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    edited June 2012

How significant is that for the Tour?[/excited commentator voice]

Was it a full on effort by both?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    BigMat wrote:
    okgo wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Remember when he was just a prologue / TT expert who could never really win TT's and fat

Really Rick?

I remember reading an article about his diet back in his Cofidis days, he basically used to eat whatever he fancied - loads of cake etc. Not fat by normal standards, but nowhere near as lean as he is now and probably not getting the right kind of nutrition either. I said back in 2009 that he needed to move to Sky (there was a lot of criticism of that move at the time and suggestions he was going for financial rather than sporting reasons) - however well he might have been going at Garmin, the attention to detail and setup at Sky has helped him move to a whole new level. I just hope he can hold this form for the next 6 weeks...

He did make a conscious decision to change from his former physique to challenge in the mountains, it wasn't like its just happens thanks to sky
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com