Tour of Cali

Comments

• Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    I think the aesthetics of the race will be different over there..... I think we have to teach ourselves to appreciate the nature of the roads out there... that bear lake road is a real grind to high altitude, perhaps one problem is the course is too hard for the lesser squads to stay in! but just looks unspectacular as entire teams are just ridden of the wheel at 23kph

Good and fair point there sir...
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    LOL: Garmin have allowed Horner, Voigt and 2 team mates into a big break, over the first climb.
    VERY slow progress, (30kms covered in 75 minutes) but things might just be getting interesting.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • blazing_saddles
    :oops: :oops: :oops:
    13:46:47 PDT

There is a brush fire up on Mt. Baldy. Emergency vehicles are on their way to the scene, via the race route. We'll have more as that news develops.

The end?
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Horner looks like he's wearing someone else's jersey! Far too big for him, hanging over his arse!
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    This is actually interesting...

Horner has some of the spindliest legs I've seen on a pro. They look almost like mine!
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    The all black colour of his shoes looks like he's wearing a pair of dress shoes on the bike. No socks as well? Poor form.
  • blazing_saddles
    Iain is missing this. Morzine 2006 and all that.
    'Tis interesting, though.
    Talansky big disappointment.
  • majormantra
    Nice little moment of bromance with Jens there.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    Chuffed to see Sylvain Georges still with the group of favourites.

Edit:
    Spoke too soon.
  • Moomaloid
    This Livestrong kid is riding out of his skin...
  • majormantra
    Poor Horner.
  • majormantra
    NAKED MAN
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    LOL naked dude. The cameraman even did a double-take.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    NAKED MAN
    lol is it just me that thinks the American spectators are even more nuts than anyone you ever see in Europe.
  • majormantra
    I really want Atapuma to do it but it's not looking good.
  • Moomaloid
    its a shame that getting 2 secs on camera seems more important than respecting the space these guys, who are turning themselves inside out, need. Why add to their stress?! IDIOTS!
  • majormantra
    SO CLOSE!!!!
  • Moomaloid
    Poor Atepoma...
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Really impressive from Dombrowski. Disappointment again from Van Garderen.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Van Garderen's Bottle crashes again !!!! - Imagine Tom "Talks a good game" Danielson dropping him.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Just finished watching it, quite enjoyed it actually.

I thought for a horrible moment that Gesink had overcooked it on that final corner, shocking bit of road in the last few hundred metres.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • greasedscotsman
    Yeah, enjoyed it as well. Definately a day for the taller climbers!

Not very impressed with spectator costumes. :shock:

jd12tocstg7016_600.jpg
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642
    Good stage. Makes up for about 10 per cent of the dross we've been put through this race!

Excellent ride by Dombrowski and looks like Gesink can still ride a bike fast after all!
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    I quite like the nutty yank spectators.. I hope the race keeps that element if it survives.

I see it dying a death thou...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • greasedscotsman
    I quite like the nutty yank spectators..

Yeah, just not the naked man! :shock:
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I don't mind the mad spectators, just so long as they stay well clear of the riders.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    That AG2R win was pretty impressive. 48km solo after being in the break, hats off to that lad.

Brave and pure-racer move by Horner. Lighting it up from the get-go. I guess it's good that the Atapuma rode close to the win although Horner saying he did little. He didn't do anything when he won in Trentino this year apart from last 300m.

"The Colombian guy really wasn't working through the valley, he sat on me going up the next KOM, pulled about half as much as I did in the rollers, and barely any on the descent, so I was glad to see Gesink catch him," Horner said.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    I quite like the nutty yank spectators..

Yeah, just not the naked man! :shock:

not a good look I agree
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • frenchfighter
    Lol!
    160825-DSC_1556%20copy.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    edited September 2015
    Gesink's daughter was on the podium with him!
    Contador is the Greatest