Tour of Cali

Comments

• majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    edited May 2012
    B3rnieMac wrote:
    It's really annoying me that I can't hear any sound from the road, it's just a video feed. Missing that comforting sound of a helicopter or buzz of a moped.... :(

I came looking for this thread to see if it was just me. The video quality is nice compared to my usual dodgy feeds but it's weirdly disorienting having no ambient noise. Lacks atmosphere. :(

Ok this is weird. They're now playing an interview with Sagan and I can hear Phil and Paul shuffling and grunting but the interview volume is way down. Has someone just forgotten to set the levels?
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Was it Santa Rosa or Saaaaaaaaanta Rrrrrrrrosa judging by our annoying commentator on Eurosport to make every place in every race sound Italian WTF is that all about ?????. :roll:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    562-RTR320YD.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Totally missed this.

Too busy watching MOTD.

*Cycling fan fail*.

I'll go stand in the corner.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Liked Brian Smith's comment about last year's race, a baldy winning on Mount Baldy! :D

Oh and if anyone gets annoyed with someone dressed as Elvis, water bottle or something else running alongside the riders, this race is NOT for you!
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    B3rnieMac wrote:
    Hincapie 6th in the sprint *raises eyebrows*

Not bad for this Mountain Climber to get 6th place ??? - Pity it was'nt Pla d adet climb in the Pyrenees he would have dropped EVERYBODY in his Postal days :roll:

I wouldn't read a whole amount into it. It wasn't really a sprinters sprint - the first group featured a lot of riders the likes of Machado, Bardet and Weening. Boonen sat up and trailed in 22 seconds down - probably not interested in risking an accident - and a lot of the other sprinters trailed in some minutes down.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • rick_chasey
    LangerDan wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    B3rnieMac wrote:

Not bad for this Mountain Climber to get 6th place ??? - Pity it was'nt Pla d adet climb in the Pyrenees he would have dropped EVERYBODY in his Postal days :roll:

I wouldn't read a whole amount into it. It wasn't really a sprinters sprint - the first group featured a lot of riders the likes of Machado, Bardet and Weening. Boonen sat up and trailed in 22 seconds down - probably not interested in risking an accident - and a lot of the other sprinters trailed in some minutes down.

How did Boonen look? Coked off his face or fat?
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    B3rnieMac wrote:

Not as pinched looking as he was during the Spring - definitely put a few pounds back on.
    jd12tocstg1020_600.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    LangerDan wrote:

Not as pinched looking as he was during the Spring - definitely put a few pounds back on.
    jd12tocstg1020_600.jpg

Definitely gurning there too.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited September 2015
    remove
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Think Boonen has earned a nice little holiday in California.

Rick, MOTD was the right choice yesterday!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • greasedscotsman

Do you think? I though it was quite a good stage.

Mind you, I'd rather slam my nads in a desk draw than watch soccerball!
  • rick_chasey

Do you think? I though it was quite a good stage.

Mind you, I'd rather slam my nads in a desk draw than watch soccerball!

Genuinely, especially if you're a city fan (I'm not) football does not get any more exciting than that.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    According to Peter Velits on twitter Boonen had a mechanical so couldn't contest the sprint.
  • LangerDan
    hammerite wrote:
    According to Peter Velits on twitter Boonen had a mechanical so couldn't contest the sprint.

That wouldn't have stopped Roger De Vlaeminck. Lightweight.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,185
    Liked Brian Smith's comment about last year's race, a baldy winning on Mount Baldy! :D

Oh and if anyone gets annoyed with someone dressed as Elvis, water bottle or something else running alongside the riders, this race is NOT for you!

This is why I struggle with it! Cycling just needs nutters in normal clothing running alongside with the odd genuine eccentric like the devil - Yanks just don't get it!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
  • greasedscotsman
    Pross wrote:

This is why I struggle with it! Cycling just needs nutters in normal clothing running alongside with the odd genuine eccentric like the devil - Yanks just don't get it!

I don't think cycling needs anyone running alongside the riders.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Pross wrote:

Perhaps we should ask Mr Roche what he thinks, as he likes to deal with the important things.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,185
    Pross wrote:

Oh, I don't know - it's always amusing when a rider gets fed up and swings an arm in their face :lol:
  • greasedscotsman
    Pross wrote:
    Oh, I don't know - it's always amusing when a rider gets fed up and swings an arm in their face :lol:

That is a very good point. The guy with the piece of beef on a string a the Giro was very funny. As was the surgeon on Alpe d'Huez! :D
  • rick_chasey
    Anyone spot Boonen in armwarmers over sleeves shocker?
  • LangerDan

Yup. When it comes down to it, he's just a big, fat, fred.
    <runs>
  • rick_chasey
    LangerDan wrote:

Yup. When it comes down to it, he's just a big, fat, fred.
    <runs>

The 'Euro' yanks will be crying into their coors light beer.
  • greasedscotsman

Oh dear, I do that all the time. :oops:
  • Gazzetta67
    That is a weird pedal stroke Chris Horner has....you would think he would have ankle or knee strains...well he won it last year so cant hinder him that much.

Oh that old chestnut - California v Giro bit ridiculous :D
  • majormantra
    I notice they've fixed the audio...
  • Gazzetta67
    Are there any spectators at this race ? oh just spotted a guy with a dog 8)
  • majormantra
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Are there any spectators at this race ? oh just spotted a guy with a dog 8)

There were a bunch of cowbells earlier.