• B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    Sagan gets number 2!
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    He makes it look easy.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    He was fairly awesome out of that last corner!
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Just saw a tweet from the Rabo guys, saying " A good day for Robert" with a picture of Gesink blowing hard in the peloton.

b26ff6ac9cd77a61b0b1ac6001a98e2f_view.jpg.

Is this how high Rabo aspirations are now? They're pleased their main man doesn't crash and finishes with the main bunch?
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Chef of the orchestra?

http://www.cyclingfans.com/node/4828
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Just saw a tweet from the Rabo guys, saying " A good day for Robert" with a picture of Gesink blowing hard in the peloton.

b26ff6ac9cd77a61b0b1ac6001a98e2f_view.jpg.

Is this how high Rabo aspirations are now? They're pleased their main man doesn't crash and finishes with the main bunch?

Yeah but Lars Boom did win the Tour of Britain last year, they have nothing left to prove. :lol:
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I am just watching last nights stage (i'm off work ill so nothing better to do). Sagan punctures, gets back on and then moves straight through the bunch and back to the front in just a few minutes, mighty impressive.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • inkyfingers
    Also saw on twitter that Steve Cummings crashed yesterday and hurt the wrist which he'd previously broken, not sure if he will start tonight. I like Cummings, would be great to see what he could do if he managed to get a proper run of good luck and form.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Neeeeecola Roaash ??? plus his Spanishy/Italiany sounding every rider/town thing going on...This guy on Eurosport sounds like a up and coming smashy n nicey DJ :roll:
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    Cue generic Harmon's not on so whinge about the commentator post. Well done.
  • rick_chasey
    Sign of a chipper: one rider wins half the stages.
  • inkyfingers
    I recorded this and also the program afterwards but it still cut off the finish....not a problem though as I simply rewatched the last few KMs from stage 2.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Sagan cleaning up eh.

This race has some stunning scenery.

555-RTR322GX.jpg

350-RTR324G1.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    Boonen's on twitter baby.

Check out his back tan:

ebfe46269f0d11e192e91231381b3d7a_7.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    WTF?!...........
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,185
    Is the surfboard positioned like that to hide his feelings towards the podium girls :lol:
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Definite sign of a chipper;

Listening to the spokesmen podcast yesterday, an American podcast, and they turn to Tim Jackson, an American, as their pro racing expert and ask him who he thinks will do well in the tour of Cali. His reply;

"I don't know, I've been too busy following the Giro to pay much attention." :lol:
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    Sagan wins again!
  • majormantra
    He needs to change his name to Peter f***ing Sagan. Unbelievable!
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Stage 1: Sagan / Haussler
    Stage 2: Sagan / Haussler
    Stage 3: Sagan / Haussler
    Stage 4: Sagan / Haussler
    Stage 5: TIME TRIAL! IT MIGHT BE DIFFERENT!
  • majormantra
    You've got to feel sorry for Haussler.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • frenchfighter
    133150-DSC_9422%20copy-r.jpg
    Robbie McEwen (Orica-GreenEdge) and Marcel Kittel (Argos-Shimano) at the back of the race. McEwen finished 106th + 38:58 and Kittel finished 117th (second last) + 49:17
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    Sagan won again?

100% chipper.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Sagan won again?

100% chipper.

Don't care.

Sky was installed yesterday so sat watching it anyway.

With regards to Sagan, you can only beat the riders who turn up and bother, but it's still impressive in tough conditions.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rick_chasey
    Sagan won again?

100% chipper.

Don't care.

Excellent. Make sure you make the most of all the other features / online / remote recording etc.

Watching cycling at work on your 'sky player' online is plenty better than some stream that's running at 240p.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    As much as I like Sagan, it really is getting boring. :(
  • rick_chasey
    Sagan won again?

100% chipper.

With regards to Sagan, you can only beat the riders who turn up and bother, but it's still impressive in tough conditions.

For sure, but, as pro-cyclnig was saying last month - a 1 week race which is dominated by the same kind of rider day after day does not make it exciting - and that doesn't help the prestige. 1 week races that are big are always varied. Think Tireno, think Paris Nice, think Dauphine our the TdSuisse. Even Romandie.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,185
    Sagan won again?

100% chipper.

Don't care.

Excellent. Make sure you make the most of all the other features / online / remote recording / the channels in the 900 area etc.
    Watching cycling at work on your 'sky player' online is plenty better than some stream that's running at 240p.

Fixed.

Sky player has been a godsend over the last few quiet days in work and I'm impressed with the reliability of the stream :)
  • rick_chasey
    ? The radio stations?