Where did you ride today?

Comments

• paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Rode the hardtail around some road/tarmac trails - was hoping some of the bike tracks might have been ok to ride but snow was deeper than anticipated and pretty hollow - my skinny little 2.1s punched through or didnt without warning making off road too hairy a proposition for my dodgy back. Still nice to be out though and legs felt ok for not doing any proper riding in a bit.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Ferrals
    Ferrals Posts: 785
    Blustery 30km xc ride, good fun and not as cold as I was expecting :-)
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Tavistock Woodlands for the Woodland Riders race today. Nice to race on a proper steep and nasty DH track for a change, cut short by a separated shoulder. It was worth it to ride that track though. I have been getting bored of the latest fashion for smooth flowing tracks with a few fast, big jumps but no technical challenge.
  • BPW (admittedly this was yesterday).

Nippy out there!

BPW31-01-15_zps807cbe0e.jpg
  • Craig24
    Craig24 Posts: 150
    Llandegla, yesterday. Lots of snow still! Good fun tho.

image.jpg
  • rockmonkeysc
    Llandegla needs something to make it more interesting, I found the black trail a bit dull and far from technical enough to be worth the black grading.
  • Craig24
    Although the black was challenging enough for myself, especially in the snow! I know what you mean, compared to the blacks at Gisburn, it is far less challenging.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Llandegla needs something to make it more interesting, I found the black trail a bit dull and far from technical enough to be worth the black grading.

I don't know about 'not worth the grading' but the blue I rode certainly wasn't worth the climb.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • rockmonkeysc
    I think the trail I raced on today was worthy of a new grading, black as a whore's heart.
  • Craig24
    Also Lee Quarry 17th Jan. Not all rideable but very picturesque.

image.jpg
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    ashton court and leigh woods. I don't know why I bother. it's always crap :lol:
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Black Hill (White Hill today I guess!) up the Pentlands, had never done it before, nice 6 min downhill was worth the push up anyway.

G0285782_zpsf8d7cd5e.jpg
  • Chopwell (yet again). Super slippy this morning, death grip all the way to the bottom. Tried to do some scouting for some unmarked trails and promptly got lost.
    '14 Whyte T129s-*DEAD*
    OnOne Codeine 29er
  • paul.skibum
    For those that don't believe in climate change, I rode the valley trails in Whistler today - 20km, some snow, but also some nice mud/root fun. My legs are not bike fit. Spin classes are calling me to get ready for race season.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    oxoman wrote:
    Did Hicks lodge with my 9yr old, 3 laps of the blue with his fastest being 29 minutes something. He's happy because he overtook a few adults and is faster than his mates and did 15miles. God help me when he gets on his bigger bike, he was riding his old 20" wheel mtb this time. His choice by the way not mine.

However much fun mountain biking is, there's nothing quite as satisfying as watching my 9 year old giving it some stick.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • paul.skibum
    Knocked out a little post work ride today - trails in decent shape in Whistler valley, few fallen trees to clear and odd patches of snow. Came out of the woods onto some of the cross country ski trails today which have a thin layer of snow left on them, started onto them and they were packed but with a slush film on top which was totally rideable. Over a small ridge and the other side was just hard glare ice, had a two wheel slide going for 20 ft, fishtailing back and forth, tried to ride it to edge of trail but nothing doing, slammed down hard and slithered a further 30ft or so until I went off the trail into a ditch. Dumb accident, legs a bit bruised and neck is feeling whiplash-esque but nothing serious I guess!

Nice ride though!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Decent near 50m ride yesterday, on road but poor enough you wouldn't want to use a road bike, half way round was a short sharp 11min climb which was great, managed to top out at 45mph on the way back down which was a hoot.

Missed out on a KOM for the climb as one of the riders went up in the support car and hadn't paused their logger, otherwise my 11m dead was fastest by 13s.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    First ride in 6 months yesterday (after smashing my wrist at Antur)

Just went to Degla for a blast round the Red. Wrist was fine, but lungs and legs are laughably unfit. First big climb up to the main forest finished me off.

Was very busy too. Plenty of idiots blocking up the trail heads. Although if they hadn't, then id have killed the muppet that was sat in the blind spot of the left hander on the 2nd proper Red descent. Some people need a good slap.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    DCR00 wrote:
    First ride in 6 months yesterday (after smashing my wrist at Antur)

Just went to Degla for a blast round the Red. Wrist was fine, but lungs and legs are laughably unfit. First big climb up to the main forest finished me off.

Was very busy too. Plenty of idiots blocking up the trail heads. Although if they hadn't, then id have killed the muppet that was sat in the blind spot of the left hander on the 2nd proper Red descent. Some people need a good slap.

Was up there yesterday as well, insanely busy! It was like Orange 5/Santa Cruz central up there as well, of which most I'd passed as they crawled up the climbs, had one numpty stop right in front of me, smack bang in the middle of the trail approaching one of the north shore sections towards the end of the Red :roll: I'm all for folks getting out and about but some folks need to exercise a little bit of common sense every now and again. Other than that had a great time, first ride out on the new bike and was dead chuffed with how it went, shame my legs let go when I did a 2nd lap on the blue after our lap of the red.
  • DCR00
    what were you riding ? were you on the Cotic ?

there were so many SC bikes. You see 5s everywhere, but i remember thinking there were a lot of SC riders too.

You prob passed me on one of the climbs too. I had to push up most of Julia's Trail...
  • lawman
    DCR00 wrote:
    what were you riding ? were you on the Cotic ?

there were so many SC bikes. You see 5s everywhere, but i remember thinking there were a lot of SC riders too.

You prob passed me on one of the climbs too. I had to push up most of Julia's Trail...

Nope wasn't on the Cotic, was on my new FS bike. Will post a thread in the your rides section once I've got some half decent pics of it! :)
  • DCR00
    Ibis with Fox 36s ?

Saw a guy with a Sky Blue Ibis with new 36s. Looked like a Ripley, but i thought they only went up to 140mm
  • lawman
    DCR00 wrote:
    Ibis with Fox 36s ?

Saw a guy with a Sky Blue Ibis with new 36s. Looked like a Ripley, but i thought they only went up to 140mm

I've moved away from Ibis for this one, but the new HD3 does look pretty nice. Were you on the Intense?
  • Ferrals
    Ferrals Posts: 785
    First offroad (extended) commute of the year :D Nice hour blasting round muddy trails on the way in to work. less muddy than i expected and nice and mild too.

Was mildly irritated as the last part is a flat concrete cyclepath and as it was pretty clear I figured I'd try and beat my time on strava, cranking it out averaging around 38-40 km/h when i passed someone and they called out so i stopped (thinking it was a mate as they look similar), the guy was actually a stranger who just wanted to say i was doing good to go that fast :evil: :evil: :evil: second fastest time :evil: i know i shouldn't care but i do, if i'd kept up the over 38kmh average, and my legs weren't tiring, I'd have been well into the top 5 of a roadie segment on my mountain bike.
  • DCR00
    lawman wrote:
    DCR00 wrote:
    Ibis with Fox 36s ?

I've moved away from Ibis for this one, but the new HD3 does look pretty nice. Were you on the Intense?

Yep, first outing in 6 months

Seems my wrist wasnt fully up for it as ive been in quite a bit of pain since then
  • paul.skibum
    Short but fairly tech ride in Whistler, I appear to have lost a mite of pace over a couple of months off the bike if Strava is to be believed.
  • jjojjas
    jjojjas Posts: 346
    very briefly around Evans car park in Gateshead just before I bought a new trek fuel ex 7. Not the most riveting journey of my life but I obviously liked the bike :)
    it looks a bit steep to me.....
  • Mattharrier
    Mattharrier Posts: 173
    Not today, but I spent a very enjoyable few hours in Swinley Forest on Saturday. My off road experience is limited, and so there were bits that, while most likely nothing to an experienced rider, were mildly terrifying - and exhilarating - for me. Shame it's more than 2 hours away from me, but it has really got me wanting to go to Cannock, a much more reasonable distance away.
  • kokot880
    kokot880 Posts: 1
    I today were in my country, Kraszewice :) Amazing looks :)

___________________________________________________________________________________________
    My first bike!