*sighs* Work Christmas Party.

123457»

Comments

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    i got my Christmas do this Friday, it will be the usual couple of pints in the local social club (its a classy affair) come 21:00, people will start heading into Liverpool city centre .

i don't think i will be going if i'm honest, im one of the youngest who work here everybody else are over 50 so they all just stand around an talk about pensions etc.....

an there is no way i'm bringing my Mrs, last i did she was there for about 3 mins when a bloke (i use to work with) walked over to her an said "ohhh my what lovely breasts you have" looked an me an staggered away

pass thanks!
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    so wait a minute... did he say that to you or your missus?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    It's being able to recognise it and stop it

or being able to recognise and capitalise on it.

Pfft, no.

If you have to get somewhere through bullying, it's not worth it. I don't care who you are or what you do, you just don't do it.
  • mudcow007

he looked straight at my mrs's chest an said it, laughed then seen me about to lamp him. he then scurried away

i think he is pretty famous for being a sex pest to be honest
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Christmas was cancelled where I work:

'Holiday Party Policy & Friday 23rd Dec Working

Dear colleagues

Due to our tight cost controls in place currently, we would like to confirm that there will be no Company sponsored events in the UK including travel and overnight accommodation associated with such events. Unfortunately the £15 per head contribution to team events will also not be available this year.

Merry f*cking Christmas.....
  • mudcow007 wrote:

he looked straight at my mrs's chest an said it, laughed then seen me about to lamp him. he then scurried away

i think he is pretty famous for being a sex pest to be honest

Dark hair, wearing Castelli, by chance?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Can we not just fast forward to the morning after to hear how this goes? Especially now that we believe ITB will be there ;)
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Can we not just fast forward to the morning after to hear how this goes? Especially now that we believe ITB will be there ;)
    Well, we had the party.

As well as I could have hoped for.

Missed the boat on that one then? :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    we're now talking about Mudcow's Xmas party - which is tonight.

:P
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Ah. :oops: Moving on.................
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • BigMat wrote:
    To suggest to someone in Rick's position that he should be joining a union and playing the employment law card is, in my opinion, very bad advice. That isn't how that part of the private sector works, for better or for worse.

For worse.

If people organised (into unions) then their bosses wouldn't be able to treat them like sh!t. This macho "that's just how it is" culture is b0ll0cks, and prevents young people like Rick getting treated with dignity at work.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    BigMat wrote:
    To suggest to someone in Rick's position that he should be joining a union and playing the employment law card is, in my opinion, very bad advice. That isn't how that part of the private sector works, for better or for worse.

For worse.

If people organised (into unions) then their bosses wouldn't be able to treat them like sh!t. This macho "that's just how it is" culture is b0ll0cks, and prevents young people like Rick getting treated with dignity at work.
    But he's in recruitment?

;)
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I think the appropriate level to deal with it is at a political level, with legislative change to protect the employee. Suggesting that someone like Rick throws himself on the mercy of the toothless employment law that exists at present is really not a good call. So, say he kicks up a fuss about his treatment, tells them he knows his rights, demands to be treated better, what do you think will happen?:

a) they see the error of their ways and everything's suddenly rosie;

b) they give him his marching orders:

c) they "take on board" his comments but in fact start a campaign to oust the Trotskyite trouble maker by making his life as unpleasant as possible (way beyond anything he's seen to date).

I'm guessing c, if not b. And then what? What protection does the law afford him, really? So the "that's just how it is" culture isn't macho - I despise it as much it as it sounds like you do, but I'm just cautioning a healthy does of realism here.
  • mudcow007
    we're now talking about Mudcow's Xmas party - which is tonight.

:P

Its this Friday, but i don't reckon i'll be going.

Most of the people i work with are boycotting it because we didn't get a Christmas "brucie" bonus.

Shindigs here are always 'orrible until everyone is smashed, i work for a manufacturing company so we have the factory staff an office staff - there is a huge divide between us...well until everyone is pi$$sed
  • Had mine last Friday, brilliant night. Managed to get a train back from Billericay to East London all on my own, although I have no recollection of doing it or buying and eating the kebab en-route. I smelt the kebab in the morning and has to text a colleague to ask why I could smell it...because you bought it was the answer!

Small team, nice meal, no pressure, and then met up with other teams in the pub and danced the night away to a live band. Ruined my shirt though...note to self: Don't dance while holding a glass of Shiraz.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Mine's this evening. It'll be fine.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    BigMat wrote:
    I think the appropriate level to deal with it is with a D-lock

ftfy
  • Ours was supposed to be this afternoon/evening. Big end of year reception rather than an opportunity to get blitzed and fired. However, it was cancelled this morning.

Surely this morning they already had all the food, booze and tents set up. It was also when you are supposed to go and get your works Christmas present which can be quite good. Alas - no more.
    God made the Earth. The Dutch made The Netherlands

FCN 11/12 - Ocasional beardy