CoD MW3 anyone got it yet?

Comments

• Torvid
    Torvid Posts: 449
    Torvid wrote:
    did they just change that with wow as i was havging to buy the US version including wrath.

Dunno - I have several online friends who are playing on EU servers from Canada and the US, and one from Australia. Time differences make it a bit tricky though.

Vanilla WoW let you change the localization in beta but that was fixed after that and you had to buy the specific region OZ/NZ got lumped with US CAN & South America. China got it owns and EU got one. It was a hassel as i was always 2 days behind waiting on shipping.
    Commuter: Forme Vision Red/Black FCN 4
    Weekender: White/Black - Cube Agree GTC pro FCN 3
  • Torvid
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    It's Star Wars so I'm sure I'll love it.

Yeah it will be great till they make it just like every other MMO
  • Torvid wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

early reviews are its a bit shit and not brilliantly original either even if it *is* starwars...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Torvid wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

early reviews are its a bit shoot and not brilliantly original either even if it *is* starwars...

The gameplay doesn't look very good at all to me if I'm honest. But the cinematics made my jizz my pants.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    notsoblue wrote:
    Torvid wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

early reviews are its a bit shoot and not brilliantly original either even if it *is* starwars...

The gameplay doesn't look very good at all to me if I'm honest. But the cinematics made my jizz my pants.

Ha.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    [Geek]I love that the internal chronology of the cinematics are in reverse order, fitting when you consider Star Wars dalliance with chronology: A new hope seemed to start in the middle of a story (in fact all the films do) and we had prequels.

The first cinematic you see Darth Malgus complete with respirator taking down the Jedi Temple, known as the 'Sacking of Coruscant'.

The next cinematic (Hope) was the 'Battle of Alderaan' where Malgus meets Satele Shan (Bastila Shan's daughter a major character in Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic) and gets his ass handed to him Force Unleashed style, which is why he now needs a respirator.

The final cinematic is the first in chronological order. It's the beginning of the Sith Invasion, Malgus is but a mere apprentice and with his master in tow battles Satele, for the first time, along with her master for the first time.

The final cinematic takes the best bits of all the Star Wars movies. Note: That the game takes place after the Sith Invasion (know as the Great Galactic War) has finished. This is reminiscent to the Knight of the Old Republic games. Both are set after a great war (The Mandalorian War - Knights of the Old Republic and the Jedi Civil War - Knights of the Old Republic 2).

It's hard to get a Star Wars game to look good, as a light saber battle will always look hit or miss. However when you know your characters has max parry you won't really care...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • notsoblue
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    It's hard to get a Star Wars game to look good, as a light saber battle will always look hit or miss. However when you know your characters has max parry you won't really care...
    Jedi Knight II did an awesome job with light sabers for multiplayer. In team games or FFA you'd have people jumping around with various guns, blasters, projectile weapons etc... But you could also challenge someone to a lightsaber duel and go into a mode in which nobody else could hit you. The different stances and strokes made it quite tactical, and it was actually quite a challenge to be able to use a lightsaber well. Loved that game... Then they released a patch that changed the saber mechanics and ruined it all! Was far too easy and mindless after that.
  • Torvid
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    [Geek]...... However when you know your characters has max parry you won't really care...
    Possible name?
  • DonDaddyD
    notsoblue wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Jedi Knight II did an awesome job with light sabers for multiplayer. In team games or FFA you'd have people jumping around with various guns, blasters, projectile weapons etc... But you could also challenge someone to a lightsaber duel and go into a mode in which nobody else could hit you. The different stances and strokes made it quite tactical, and it was actually quite a challenge to be able to use a lightsaber well. Loved that game... Then they released a patch that changed the saber mechanics and ruined it all! Was far too easy and mindless after that.

Ya, I had Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy on the PC (still have it). Kyle was the MAN.

I loved the three abilities (the last one Heavy/Ataru is was Luke used against Vadar in Return of the Jedi). I hope you can learn lightsaber styles in Old Republic. I want to learn the style Mace Windu is said to have mastered which channels the darkside...

The trouble is, essentially Jedi Knight 2 was first person shooter with a sword. I think this is more turn-based similar to the old Knight of the Old Republic/Dragon Age games so you click and attack and it happens as oppose to the free form of running and swiping.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    Torvid wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    [Geek]...... However when you know your characters has max parry you won't really care...
    Possible name?
    Nah I've had my Jedi name for years. I think i may pre-register it.
    Food Chain number = 4

• notsoblue
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    The trouble is, essentially Jedi Knight 2 was first person shooter with a sword. I think this is more turn-based similar to the old Knight of the Old Republic/Dragon Age games so you click and attack and it happens as oppose to the free form of running and swiping.
    I'd hope they'd be a bit more original about it though, so DPS is a bit more interactive. Like what they're planning with the Monk class in WoW and melee combat in Skyrim
  • DonDaddyD
    Does Skyrim have a multiplayer option?
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD wrote:
    Yay!!!! Go to Icewatch - that's the best EU server in terms of activity. My toon is called Kreia (after Darth Traya in Star Wars) she's a Cleric/Elf. The Guild I'm in is called 'Unknown', it's small and quiet with a few ex WoW players.

I'm not online now of course, but let me know what you think of it when you give it a proper run-through.

You know, with WoW you can play it while it's downloading.... just saying is all...
  • So, Rift is currently a flickering black screen. I assume that's not, like, the entire game? If so the trailers are misleading to say the least.
  • DonDaddyD
    How does a black screen flicker?

I've never heard that one before. Anywho, why so much difficulty?
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD wrote:

Dunno. Uninstalled it, doesn't work.
  • notsoblue
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Dunno. Uninstalled it, doesn't work.

Lucky escape...

Does anyone really have time for more than one MMORPG?
  • rick_chasey
    notsoblue wrote:
    Does anyone really have time for more than one MMORPG?
    hardcore-gamer-loser-vigin-virginity-nerd-gaming-gamer-demotivational-poster-1234151474.jpg
  • Torvid
    Going to revive this old thread to see if anyone got into the SW:TOR open beta weekend last week?
  • notsoblue
    Torvid wrote:
    Going to revive this old thread to see if anyone got into the SW:TOR open beta weekend last week?
    A mate did. It looks really quite good actually.

I got dragged back into WoW after the latest patch, its momentarily fun again.
  • Torvid
    notsoblue wrote:
    Torvid wrote:
    A mate did. It looks really quite good actually.

I got dragged back into WoW after the latest patch, its momentarily fun again.

i keep getting asked to start up wow again but not going to happen, couple of friends have pre ordered SW:TOR so hopefully get a chance to have a try of it before I get completely sucked in. PVP healer here i come.
  • I'm in the process of building a new computer and SW:TOR is looking rather tempting.... :|

The Trailers for the game are pretty cool however! 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1KM3E0emjg&feature=related
  • Dota2 for me is looking rather addictive... Doing nth playthrough of borderlands with friends as coop can be most amusing.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Given that I'm not really an RPG fan, is it worth investing 22 quid in Skyrim?
    FCN 3 / 4
  • DonDaddyD
    That really is a "I'm a vegetarian should I try the Kobe beef steak" type question.

As far as beef goes, Kobe is one one of the best. Maybe so good it could 'turn' a vegetarian. But as good as any cut and type of beef could taste you've got to want to love it in the first place.

And so goes Skyrim.
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD
    My gaming has gone tits up. Currenly I've had to stop playing Rift as it requires two hands. Football manager is another story! I can use the mouse in my right hand and hold the baby in the left. In my first season I managed to win the League, League Cup and Champions League.

I'm in negotiations with the Mrs about Skyrim. She'd let me play an hr a day (or I could play 3 hrs from 12pm - 3am, though this would have to be done in secrecy)...

I'm getting Star Wars when it is released proper. Not up for discussion that one. My son even has a Star Wars and Star Trek baby grow...
    Food Chain number = 4

• rick_chasey
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    My gaming has gone tits up. Currenly I've had to stop playing Rift as it requires two hands. .

Masturbating to computer games is a bit much, even for you...
  • notsoblue
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    My gaming has gone tits up. Currenly I've had to stop playing Rift as it requires two hands. .

Masturbating to computer games is a bit much, even for you...

SWOTR changes everything.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    That really is a "I'm a vegetarian should I try the Kobe beef steak" type question.

As far as beef goes, Kobe is one one of the best. Maybe so good it could 'turn' a vegetarian. But as good as any cut and type of beef could taste you've got to want to love it in the first place.

And so goes Skyrim.

Ta - makes sense. With limited gaming time, it's probably not worth it.
    FCN 3 / 4