CoD MW3 anyone got it yet?

Comments

• juggernaut is pissing me off already, going to be a nightmare with it.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Does having Teeter and Angry Birds on my 'phone class me as a gamer?

.........aah
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    No but I've been playing BF3 on an Intel Sandybridge-E and a pair of GTX590s. All in a day's work.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    I miss gaming, sigh. Used to be into COD et al but no free time + scrotes having nicked my gaming rig means it's unlikely (short of a lotto win) that I'll be able to get into it again.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Bah. My copy didn't turn up yesterday.

As to those who like gaming or don't - it's all good. As with everything, it's about balance. I just happen to prefer it to watching TV during the winter. The Xbox goes away from March to October, but, again, it's just my choice.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Bah. My copy didn't turn up yesterday.

As to those who like gaming or don't - it's all good. As with everything, it's about balance. I just happen to prefer it to watching TV during the winter. The Xbox goes away from March to October, but, again, it's just my choice.

Gf watches absolute crap on the box to relax - I shoot things.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    So I get home and have a package from Amazon, open it up MW3. Put it on, select multiplayer, into a death match, dead, dead, dead, dead, dead. Obviously people have been playing this all day long and already know the maps inside out, whist I'm running round like a headless chicken getting shot. May have to wait a week whilst the less committed join and I find an even match.
  • JZed wrote:
    So I get home and have a package from Amazon, open it up MW3. Put it on, select multiplayer, into a death match, dead, dead, dead, dead, dead. Obviously people have been playing this all day long and already know the maps inside out, whist I'm running round like a headless chicken getting shot. May have to wait a week whilst the less committed join and I find an even match.

Yeah. Either that or you're just shite at it.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    JZed wrote:

Yeah. Either that or you're just shite at it.

I am shite. Still people already had experience levels (if thats what you call it) of 100+ and I started out at 1 and got to around 6 after an hour playing suggests they've been playing it non-stop for the day. Even my little bro whos a vet at this type of stuff was only on 12.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    JZed wrote:

Usually takes me a good 4-6 weeks to get anything close to a 1 K/D ratio. Tend to start with Domination or other team games to get used to the maps.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Yeah. Also, you'd expect the hardcore lots to make up a high proportion of the players at this early stage.

As it goes on, the more casual players will turn up.

I heard you get killstreak-style perks for non-death team assisting actions like capturing a flag etc?
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    played for about an hour last night on "Regular" toughness an have completed 24% of the game :shock:

im not going on-line until i finish the game...or i never will finish the game

the guns seem pretty sweet though. Is juggernaut back as a perk?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I read through this thread and was met with sadness and despair. I was a massive gamer. I took a week off work when Grand Theft Auto IV came out. I did nothing but play it. I played Fallout 3 for 16 hours straight and didn't stop for food or water. I slept at base of the TV only to wake and continue playing it.

That all has to stop however, the baby is coming and not playing Elder Scrolls: Skyrim is the biggest sacrifice I've ever had to make. I've got an excess of annual leave as I planned on using it to play that game! I've been waiting for that game to come out for fucking 3 years. 3 fucking years scouring the Internet and talking to insiders to get the low down on that game and when it finally comes out I'm about to become a Dad.

And no, I can't play it anyway, you can't play games in the way I play them and be a responsible parent. I don't want my kid around that, it's not healthy, sociable or even practical. But I'm old enough and stuck in my ways to devote part of my life to ending a war, saving some mystical princess and liberating a Universe.

If I can't become obsessed with it then I'd rather not enjoy at all.

Currently where my gaming stands:

X-box

I don't play X-box anymore. Hurts me deep that one does.

Online Games:

I no longer play Star Trek Online. Cryptic, the developer, SUCK nerf balls and their move to Free2Play is a terrible one.

Champions Online is fun, but it's too easy to level and too repetitive. So I quit that. Also a Cryptic game.

I currently play Rift, it's everything you could want in a fantasy game (and by fantasy I mean Elves and Goblins like Willow - movie). Better than WoW, couldn't recommend it more. I should have my character (a Cleric) maxed by the time the baby comes so I'll only need to play it casually for raids and shit as oppose to lvl which is a grind.

I may play Star Wars Old Republic. But I will play it casually... What am I saying I will be playing Star Wars, I just don't know how or when.

Console games

I play Football Manager 2012, I plan to play this casually.

Comic books

Not really a game, but I'm going to have to cut back and probably drop Avengers and Captain America. Sigh...

My PC = Athlon Phenom Quad Core 3.4ghz
    4gb ram - gonna max to the full 16gb
    1tb hard drive (spins at 7200rpm, 64mb cache)
    Radeon 5670 graphics card - needs upgrading.

Running Windows XP (didn't fancy 7 for some reason) and a the latest MS Office.

Built it m it myself used: http://www.novatech.co.uk/
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I play Football Manager 2012, I plan to play this casually.

:lol:

Err, good luck with that one.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I got a PS3 just so I could play GTA IV. Now looking forward to GTA V now. The trailer looks great.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    FM2012 causally :lol: no chance. i had to stop playing FM a few years ago because my mental state became at risk due to living and breathing that game. i used to plough every waking minute into it. serious addiction, i now wont allow myself to install it as i end up spending 2 days solid playing it and then having to snap myself out of it somehow.

i did however cave in at lunchtime and bought COD from tesco even though i swore i wasnt going to get it this year as i already have too many neglected games to play
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    I don't want my kid around that, it's not healthy, sociable or even practical. But I'm old enough and stuck in my ways to devote part of my life to ending a war, saving some mystical princess and liberating a Universe.

Dude. You're aware it's going to be a BABY, right? It's not going to know the difference between a TV and a microwave for like 2 years.
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I currently play Rift, it's everything you could want in a fantasy game (and by fantasy I mean Elves and Goblins like Willow - movie). Better than WoW, couldn't recommend it more. I should have my character (a Cleric) maxed by the time the baby comes so I'll only need to play it casually for raids and shoot as oppose to lvl which is a grind.

You just say 'it's better' without saying why (not that I'm surprised - it is you after all). Elaborate? I am considering having a poke. Oh, and you assert that without a max-level toon? Hahahan00b.

PC one-up-man-ship? Some things never change.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    MW3? It's the X-Factor of the video gaming world.

So, no thanks, I like to keep away from that sort of trash.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    3lbQE.jpg

I played WoW for quite a while, mostly with RL mates from Uni. Was a good way to keep in touch as we lived quite far apart. Our guild has gone pretty quiet though, so that leaves me with less incentive to play at raiding level. Kinda looking forward to the next expansion though, will be fun to explore the new content.

Really enjoying Starcraft 2 these days, very challenging game and a fun one to spectate too.
  • Pandas? Really? I'm looking forward to everything but the pandas and the naff asian theme.
  • DonDaddyD
    Why must you be so mean!
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I don't want my kid around that, it's not healthy, sociable or even practical. But I'm old enough and stuck in my ways to devote part of my life to ending a war, saving some mystical princess and liberating a Universe.

Dude. You're aware it's going to be a BABY, right? It's not going to know the difference between a TV and a microwave for like 2 years.

Everyone makes their own personal parenting decisions.
    LiT wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I currently play Rift, it's everything you could want in a fantasy game (and by fantasy I mean Elves and Goblins like Willow - movie). Better than WoW, couldn't recommend it more. I should have my character (a Cleric) maxed by the time the baby comes so I'll only need to play it casually for raids and shoot as oppose to lvl which is a grind.

You just say 'it's better' without saying why (not that I'm surprised - it is you after all). Elaborate? I am considering having a poke. Oh, and you assert that without a max-level toon? Hahahan00b.
    You don't have to pay for mounts and items. Rift takes everything that works from other games like crafting, battle system, leveling system, travel system, in-game currency and has molded it into a dynamic World.

Battle system: Seems to blend magic and weapons so that both are on equal par. Magic works well in this game, attacks and the attack system is well thought out. If there is a maximum DPS that can be achieved I guarantee that there is a healing spell and shield (defence) that delivers the same amount. All things appear equal, which means it comes down to weapons and equipment and there is so much you never get bored. All (Swords, Axes, Staffs, Shields, Tomes etc) have meaning and a purpose, nothing is more valuable than the other.

Leveling System: I love this the most. You have three souls, no matter what class (Mage, Warrior, Rogue, Cleric) and the combination of souls will determine whether you are a healer, tank, DPS or support type character. This is important in raids. The possibilities aren't endless but it is fun and you'll soon be online looking at what combination is best. I went for a Warrior Tank but now am a Cleric (Duracell Cleric build).

Travel System: It's a Stargate. Stargate. Nuff said.

There is no flying and even though I asked for this on the forum am glad there isn't. Flying = get mission. Fly to top of map, line up character to the objective and start flying. Minimise screen, look at pr0n, maximise screen - still not there, minimise screen and go back to pr0n until there. Complete mission, start flying back to mission giver, minimise screen, look at pr0n.

You do have mounts, you only need to pay for these ingame. As you lvl you get faster ones. They look cool. I want a twin tailed lion with armour. Was gonna call it Battle Cat or Aslan.

In game currency:

You don't need to buy stuff with real money. In fact everything is paid by ingame currency there is no "gaming store". All vanity items, clothing, weapons, buffs, healing items are bought in-game. You pay your sub (£8.99) and that's it. No money grabbing.

Customisation:

Falls short of Star Trek and Champions Online (you can make your character look like any character ever conceived ). Here you can dye your clothes, weapons and add special effects to your weapon. But your character, once you've made him/her (which could be human, elf, dwarf, giant, darker skinned human, night elf) that's it.

Gaming World:

I love the fact that rifts (think wormhole spewing bad guys) open anywhere in the gaming World and if you're close enough you are thrust into a team raid to close the rift. (Rift) Invasions (these are multiple rifts opening at once) happen randomly and it's up to the players to complete the tasks and stop the bad guy to stop the Invasion.

If you leave a rift unattended for too long it gets bigger and bigger and eventually overrunning towns - this happened - meaning you can't complete missions - that happened, which gives a sense that the in-game World is dynamic.

But in general everything works you can mine into the game as deeply as you want or play casually.

I love it. I'd argue that magic works better than Elder Scrolls and the missions are far more interesting than Star Trek or Champions Online.

Icewatch is the server you're after. Kreia or Zahir is the player you want to find - that's me.

I'm sure many things will be similar to WoW. But what Rift does I think does without fault. Updates are regular and the game just works. You really need to play it to see if you like it, you can test drive (trial) for free.

Don't call me noob, I'd own you in any PvP arena of your choosing! Pug!
    LiT wrote:
    PC one-up-man-ship? Some things never change.

What? I mentioned my PC in the hope to get a discussion going around graphics card and PC's in general. They improve too quickly for me to be bothered with keeping up with the Grace's. I have mine, I like it does the job. There is always something and someone who has better.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    Some people will like Rift and some people won't.

My Guild master at Star Trek hated it. She loved Vindictus.

LiT, try looking up Vindictus - http://vindictus.nexoneu.com/ (assuming you don't like Rift).
    Food Chain number = 4

• Have you actually played WoW? It sounds pretty much exactly the same apart from the flying (you can) and the wormholes (there aren't any). Oh and that WoW has factions. There's no need to buy stuff with real money apart from the game and subs, if you want to you can but it's officially against the rules.
  • notsoblue
    Pandas? Really? I'm looking forward to everything but the pandas and the naff asian theme.
    The monk class looks interesting though! No auto attack, might actually make DPS interesting.
  • DonDaddyD
    Have you actually played WoW? It sounds pretty much exactly the same apart from the flying (you can) and the wormholes (there aren't any). Oh and that WoW has factions. There's no need to buy stuff with real money apart from the game and subs, if you want to you can but it's officially against the rules.

If you like WoW why you thinking about branching out?

Rift has factions. Defiant and Guardian.
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD wrote:
    Have you actually played WoW? It sounds pretty much exactly the same apart from the flying (you can) and the wormholes (there aren't any). Oh and that WoW has factions. There's no need to buy stuff with real money apart from the game and subs, if you want to you can but it's officially against the rules.

If you like WoW why you thinking about branching out?

Rift has factions. Defiant and Guardian.

If you like your house why leave it?
  • notsoblue wrote:
    Pandas? Really? I'm looking forward to everything but the pandas and the naff asian theme.
    The monk class looks interesting though! No auto attack, might actually make DPS interesting.

Lol... that'll be the day :D

DPS in PvP is fun, but so, so dull in PvE. But yeah, sounds interesting, as much as another hybrid can...
  • DonDaddyD
    ^^What game are you discussing^^

Rift is awesome, try the free trial (I think you'll like Vindictus though).

A lot of Rift's features you'll find in WoW. But you'll find most features in any fantasy MMO and MMORPG can be traced back to Ever Quest. (The quintessential MMORPG so I'm told, so I've read).

Rift has just taken what has worked and built it into it's own game.
    Food Chain number = 4

• notsoblue
    notsoblue wrote:

DPS in PvP is fun, but so, so dull in PvE. But yeah, sounds interesting, as much as another hybrid can...

Whats your class/role preference?
  • notsoblue wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:

Whats your class/role preference?

Well... I have a tank (paladin), a healer (shaman), an afflock and a BM hunter. Favourite is probably the shaman, in PvP (arenas). Hopefully in arena title range this season. Alas, 'main' is the pally so I spend more time raiding than I probably would out of choice!

EDIT: @DDD talking about WoW.