£10 more?

How much did your PC cost?!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    JonGinge wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    Oh and you people owe me money, I've just bought Fifa 12 and CoD MW3 this morning thanks to this thread.
    Hehheh. My amazon browsing time has shot up since this thread started. May have to start squeezing triggers soon ;)
    And Skyrim :roll:
    At least I won't have time to develop a MMORPG addiction for a while
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dropped <£4 for assassins creed 2 given part 4/5 is out. Nice little game so far.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    What's Skyrim like?

I've never wanted to play a game so much.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    What's Skyrim like?

I've never wanted to play a game so much.

by all accounts it's pretty fecking awesome. www.rockpapershotgun.com if you want news etc.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Skyrim looks awesome, if only it was an MMORPG...
  • dhope
    I've not actually played it yet. I got it on Sunday late afternoon and knew if I started it then there would be very little chance of getting up at 5.30am the next day. Though how to schedule that, MW3 and Fifa. Hard life.

Oh dear. I need to get a girlfriend
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • DonDaddyD
    No you don't! Girlfriend's, unless you're dating one of them weird gamer chicks like LiT, are bad news when it comes to playing computer games.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    No you don't! Girlfriend's, unless you're dating one of them weird gamer chicks like LiT, are bad news when it comes to playing computer games.

Oi! I'm not weird... There are several girls in my WoW guild I'll have you know...
  • dhope
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    But, and I can't quite think of the pun, something about my joystick.
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Oi! I'm not weird... There are several girls in my WoW guild I'll have you know...
    Really? WoW you say? Might have to join. Intentions are pure, honest. Forget that bit above the quote.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Hey everyone, this guild has girls in it! :)
  • every guild has girls in it - some real girls like justin bieber...

so have we got more happy hard core pc'ers than console kiddies?

pc 1337 crew - LiT, NSB, dHope, Initialised, MM

kiddie day care - DDD
  • DonDaddyD
    I don't want to be part of your stupid PC crew anyway! I'm a better gamer than all you noob-pug-tank-whores rolled together!

I'm gonna get one more mammoth session of Rift in before the baby arrives.

Also is anyone going to sign up to Star Wars Old Republic (MMORPG) when it comes out? I'm trying to decide whether I'll be Jedi or Sith - I've never rolled a baddie and I'll probably only be able to roll one character. ~ LiT I'm looking at you.
    Food Chain number = 4

• rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    I do hope that a decent star wars mmorpg crops up. But SWG broke my heart :(
  • DonDaddyD
    Check out Old Republic - it builds on Knights of the Old Republic (1 not 2) which was fantastic. It's also not developed by Sony, it's developed by Bioware who - if memory serves - developed Knights of the Old Republic.

Bioware have pedigree
    Food Chain number = 4

• Torvid
    Torvid Posts: 449
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I don't want to be part of your stupid PC crew anyway! I'm a better gamer than all you noob-pug-tank-whores rolled together!

I'm gonna get one more mammoth session of Rift in before the baby arrives.

Also is anyone going to sign up to Star Wars Old Republic (MMORPG) when it comes out? I'm trying to decide whether I'll be Jedi or Sith - I've never rolled a baddie and I'll probably only be able to roll one character. ~ LiT I'm looking at you.

Don't think it matters what side your roll there giving you light and dark points so you can have a dark jedi or a light sith if you want.

I will be making a return to MMO's with this game though.
    Commuter: Forme Vision Red/Black FCN 4
    Weekender: White/Black - Cube Agree GTC pro FCN 3
  • DonDaddyD
    edited November 2011
    What the hell is a 'Light Sith'. The purists will revolt.

Then again a Sith build with Jedi like self and group healing (hopefully gives you a self heal % in relation to your DPS) and Sith DPS powers may make for an awesome Tank/Support like my Cleric in Rift.

I don't cookie cutter. ~ What does that mean LiT you NOOB!
    Food Chain number = 4

• Torvid
    Yep it's crap but they wanted it to balance out the associated benfits of either path.

Theres quiet a few vid's up on it now UI reminds me of SWG pre JEDI xp grind patch.
  • DonDaddyD
    Torvid wrote:
    Yep it's crap but they wanted it to balance out the associated benfits of either path.

Theres quiet a few vid's up on it now UI reminds me of SWG pre JEDI xp grind patch.

Ya, I'm worried about that. I'm also worried that droids, bounty hunters and troopers are too powerful considering we know them to be the Jedi/Sith jobber enemies.

My other issue is the decision to make the Republic and Sith Soldiers look like Storm Troopers. The Storm Trooper armour was designed on Mandalorian armour. Back then Soldiers didn't look like that. Other than that most of the traditions are there.

MMO Interfaces are all almost near identical now. Controls on the bottom of the screen, map up in the top right, character details top left. The skill tree might be the main concern but Bioware has never failed before. How much does it cost a month and will they sell vanity items/in game items externally for cash? I hate pay to win.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Torvid
    Honestly i'm not sure yet, I would guess they would go down the WoW route on cost so about a £10 a month my main worry is serever internationalisation (sp?) as most of my gaming buddies are US based.

As for play to win that doesn't fit with what Bioware have done in the past just depends how much they can distance themselves from the grip of lucas.
  • DonDaddyD
    Yep, the game is based on regional servers, which sucks. US players are fun, funny and often have a better grasp of English IMO - i.e. not using a translator.

I never want to play a game with a Star Trek/Champions Online style C-store where you basically pay for equipment right down to healing items.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Torvid
    I just find US players get the more Hardcore approch. Capout then enjoy the game between figuring out the latest end game content.

I just hope the gear grind stays managable it was getting out of hand towards the end of WoW for me 3 sets to keep and maintain was too much.
  • Star Wars lore-gasm much there?

You can play on whatever continent of servers you want on WoW. And I might check out star wars if they do a free trial - I'm spoilt now and refuse to pay for games without them!
  • Torvid
    did they just change that with wow as i was havging to buy the US version including wrath.
  • DonDaddyD
    Yeah, Rift has too much gear if I have to be honest. But they all seem to counter balance each other so that's good.

Star Trek didn't have enough and Champions Online gear had no real relevance to the character IMO.

It's Star Wars so I'm sure I'll love it.
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD
    Star Wars lore-gasm much there?

You can play on whatever continent of servers you want on WoW. And I might check out star wars if they do a free trial - I'm spoilt now and refuse to pay for games without them!
    Have you tried RIFT!?

Hey we should get a guild going on Star Wars!
    Food Chain number = 4

• Torvid wrote:
    did they just change that with wow as i was havging to buy the US version including wrath.

Dunno - I have several online friends who are playing on EU servers from Canada and the US, and one from Australia. Time differences make it a bit tricky though.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    edited November 2011
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Star Wars lore-gasm much there?

Have you tried RIFT!?

Hey we should get a guild going on Star Wars!

Rift's actually downloading right now...

ETA: it wants directX9? I have directX11... stupid rift.
  • DonDaddyD
    Yay!!!! Go to Icewatch - that's the best EU server in terms of activity. My toon is called Kreia (after Darth Traya in Star Wars) she's a Cleric/Elf. The Guild I'm in is called 'Unknown', it's small and quiet with a few ex WoW players.

I'm not online now of course, but let me know what you think of it when you give it a proper run-through.
    Food Chain number = 4