Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • Bwgan
    Bwgan Posts: 389
    brucey72 wrote:
    Where are people buying their choakley's from at the moment? I was after a pair of 'jawbones' but shiningstar, who seemed to be recommended, doesn't appear to be selling them

Search for this guy: /pwz_jxc623107
  • rollemynot
    rollemynot Posts: 436
    Search eBay for 5 lens glasses - I think xhaxou2009 is shining star reincarnated.........convenient watermark right on the "O" emblem in his pics
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Rollemynot wrote:
    Search eBay for 5 lens glasses - I think xhaxou2009 is shining star reincarnated.........convenient watermark right on the "O" emblem in his pics

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/zhaoxu2009
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • brucey72
    brucey72 Posts: 1,086
    redvee wrote:
    Rollemynot wrote:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/zhaoxu2009

thanks, i have just ordered a pair of 'jawbones' and a pair of 'radars'. I will report back when (if) they arrive.
  • ginsterdrz
    ginsterdrz Posts: 128
    Excellent thread-just ordered some jawb*nes.

I do like the look but I'm not prepared to pay fortunes to a massive profit machine (Millars book-everyone in the TdF peloton was given a free pair of Oakleys to wear. Hamiltons book-Lance was travelling on a private jet paid for by Oakley/Giro etc).

They're probably all made at the same factory, maybe with less quality control but I've just paid £18 for jawb*nes instead of £250 ;-)
  • andi1363
    andi1363 Posts: 350
    Ginsterdrz wrote:
    Excellent thread-just ordered some jawb*nes.

I do like the look but I'm not prepared to pay fortunes to a massive profit machine (Millars book-everyone in the TdF peloton was given a free pair of Oakleys to wear. Hamiltons book-Lance was travelling on a private jet paid for by Oakley/Giro etc).

They're probably all made at the same factory, maybe with less quality control but I've just paid £18 for jawb*nes instead of £250 ;-)

I have bought some of these and the're OK! However when compared with real Oakleys, the quality is inferior.
  • robklancs
    robklancs Posts: 498
    I second what andi said, have a pair of real radars and some fake ones, the frame is of a similar quality but the lense is miles apart, I find the clarity perfect in the real ones whereas the fakes seem to let a lot of light through and I have to squint when wearing them. Also my real lense does not fit into the fake frames.
  • redvee
    robklancs wrote:
    Also my real lense does not fit into the fake frames.

I found different with my fake Jawbones and real lenses, a perfect fit.
  • prhymeate
    prhymeate Posts: 795
    Just out of interest, do the little openings at the tops of the lenses stop them from steaming up? I have some £30 Endura glasses that are ideal for me and are so light that I can hardly feel that I have them on. The only problem is as soon as I stop at traffic lights they fog up.
  • redvee
    The lenses do mist up but not as much as solid lenses, or it could be I'm working too hard.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Prhymeate wrote:
    Just out of interest, do the little openings at the tops of the lenses stop them from steaming up? I have some £30 Endura glasses that are ideal for me and are so light that I can hardly feel that I have them on. The only problem is as soon as I stop at traffic lights they fog up.

My dad got some amazing anti-mist spray the other day. You just spray it to the inside of the lenses before every other ride or so, let it settle then wipe off with a soft cloth. It actually works though! No steaming up!

Can't remember what it was called though :(

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    12 pages long and still going, blimey.

Divers use a bit of spit on the lens and then wipe it off. The saliva has an anti-misting effect. Its a bit like when you've had 10 pints and pulled some oikey girl outside the kebab shop and whilst your eating the kebab and sobering up, you rub your eyes.

Flea bay:

mwedNJcUkqVxWmJe1FyD7VQ.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ginsterdrz
    ginsterdrz Posts: 128
    My J*wbones arrived after 10days. Brilliant quality, spare lenses, cloth, case and cloth bag. :lol:

O*kleys loss due to their ridiculous pricing.
  • brucey72
    brucey72 Posts: 1,086
    I got mine too after 10 days and am quite impressed. I compared the quality to my friends Jawbones and the only difference was that the hinges are not quite as smooth but nothing a drop of GT85 won't sort out but there is no other noticable difference. The lenses from my friends also fitted into my copies so I may buy a proper pair of summer lenses just in case the UV protection isn't quite up to scratch............for £18 I am impressed.
  • I bought a pair off of ebay that accept the official oakley lenses, i've had them for over a year and must say they've served me very well. Im a cat 2 racer so I've used and abused them and they've stood up to the challenge
  • dmclite-3.0
    dmclite-3.0 Posts: 845
    If anyone wants to send me ANY cycle tat for the sharing on here that is Chinese oakleys I will take anything. :wink:
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Oh pah-lease. I bought a load of frogskins and shared the seller (shiningstar).

If anything that guy owes ME a cut
  • dmclite-3.0
    dmclite-3.0 Posts: 845
    coriordan wrote:
    Oh pah-lease. I bought a load of frogskins and shared the seller (shiningstar).

If anything that guy owes ME a cut

It was worth a go. You sound like N. Korea :wink::D
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • redvee
    Another set of "Bicycle Bike Cycling Sports Glasses Sunglasses freedom to choose color" ordered earlier today. Nearly strolled to the Oakley store to see if they'd do a pricematch :lol:
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Just received my lotto belisol jersey and bib shorts set from www.samewood.com

Got siezed about a week after I bought mine so was afraid it would not turn up. Took around 5 weeks but it has finally arrived.

Can definitely tell imo that it is not the real deal but then I have nothing to compare it to. The colours do not seem as vibrant as the original would look. Will try fit later. I am usually an M so I ordered M.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
  • --Darren--
    --Darren-- Posts: 70
    goonz wrote:
    Just received my lotto belisol jersey and bib shorts set from http://www.samewood.com

Looks like you got them just in time :lol:

IPRC_Seized_2010_11.gif
  • goonz
    --Darren-- wrote:
    goonz wrote:
    Just received my lotto belisol jersey and bib shorts set from http://www.samewood.com

Looks like you got them just in time :lol:

IPRC_Seized_2010_11.gif

Yep, but I have the guys email address via paypal so I have asked him what the new website is. Not heard back yet. Might try monton next and see whether there is any difference in quality.
  • goonz
    Ok so to update on the fit. I bought M in both bibs and jersey as thats my usual size and fair to say they both fit me fine.
  • vino2012
    vino2012 Posts: 114
    This is shiningstar off ebay, "sport321 .com"
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    If it helps anyone make a decision, I used Monton Cycling to order some bibs, and of all of my clothing I rate it as the best, especially given the price.
  • Bams
    Bams Posts: 6
    If it helps anyone make a decision, I used Monton Cycling to order some bibs, and of all of my clothing I rate it as the best, especially given the price.

Have you got a link or are all the Monton sites the same as three come up on Google ?
  • stumack
    stumack Posts: 20
    vino2012 wrote:
    This is shiningstar off ebay, "sport321 .com"

taken down today by the looks of it.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Any updates where else you can get these?

I PM'd shining star just now and he says can get jawbones still, but no news on frogskins. I am keen to get more frogskins as i've lost a few pairs.
    Ta
  • Could I have the link please?