Chinese Oakleys.

Comments

• JD_76
    JD_76 Posts: 236
    JD_76 wrote:
    The point of these surely is to put genuine oakley lenses in the fake frames and save lots of money in the process.

The lens is the only important bit, the frame just holds them in place.

A poorly made frame could flex the lense or let it rattle about both affecting vision. Also if/when you faceplant the cheap frame couldbreak into sharp shards and cut you.

Happy to take that small unlikely risk.
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    Also a previous poster stated that the official lenses fit "perfectly" if i recall....
  • action dan wrote:
    Just pulled the trigger on the white ones, went into a glasses retailer/opticians and asked about buying official Oakley lenses etc for my Fakely's. He said that he would expect the fakes to be up to UV standards etc the only difference is that maybe the frames would disintergrate quicker. Wants me to take the lenses in so he can check them over for quality etc...will report back when I get them tested.

Well?...... :)

Still waiting for them to arrive :(
    "Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take it's place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever."
  • action dan wrote:
    action dan wrote:
    Just pulled the trigger on the white ones, went into a glasses retailer/opticians and asked about buying official Oakley lenses etc for my Fakely's. He said that he would expect the fakes to be up to UV standards etc the only difference is that maybe the frames would disintergrate quicker. Wants me to take the lenses in so he can check them over for quality etc...will report back when I get them tested.

Well?...... :)

Still waiting for them to arrive :(

ditto - had a message from ShiningStar over in China along the lines of "Please to be advised of muchly bad weather affecting shipment and place of living not in city according despatch of much time".... or somefring rike rat. Guessing they will take a little while then..... but I'm in no hurry. Christmas would be good though.....
    A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Canyon Aeroad 7.0 summer missile
    Trek 2.1 winter hack
  • Oh my.... Unfortunate keyboard issues...eek

Apologies for any offence caused

:wink:

Trek 2.1 winter hack
  • benjboy
    benjboy Posts: 258
    Still waiting on mine.....Must be on the slow boat from China :lol: ..
    Keep the chain tight all the way.
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    Mine arrived today. The quality is really good in relation to my jackets. Lenses slip in and out with no problems and the fit is spot on. An absolute bargain. Made up. Off to find some lenses for flat light. :D
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • Mine have just arrived, been down the optician to have the lenses appraised :D he couldn't believe the quality, lenses wont effect eyesight, uv 400 rating, they are pure quality! If they last only 1 season let alone more then I'm quids in :lol:
    "Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take it's place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever."
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,919
    Oooooooo fingers crossed Mr Postman brings mine today
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • That's me in then!
  • JD_76
    rozzer32 wrote:
    Oooooooo fingers crossed Mr Postman brings mine today

+1 Come on postie pull yer finger out.....
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,919
    Mr Postman just dropped mine off.

They aren't bad, not no where near my genuine jawbones.

The clipping system at the nose bridge seems to be very fragile and I think that will be the place they break if they do break.

Also the hinge for the bottom jaw seems a bit funny, the bolt that holds the hinge is totally different and on the Fakleys it rattles, could get annoying on a ride but not used them yet so can't say 100%.

Also the paint finish isn't up the genuine Jawbones.

Also the "O" on the side is smaller that the genuine Jawbones.

I will take them for test ride tomorrow probably and then update again. But for £18 I'm pleased. Specially if the lenses are as good as poster before says they are.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    got mine minutes ago, swapped all the lenses etc, and they seem fine, putting the dark right lens in is a bit tight but goes in and closes fine. the blue paint on one of the hinge joints is slightly dodgy in the centre but i'd expected them to be a lot worse. they feel chunky enough and the accessories are all spot on too. dunno if the red lenses go now, with the hinges and oakley logos being blue, but i guess you wont notice them when im flying past @ 25mph :)
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    edited October 2011
    There must of been loads coming over at once,i hope mine were on that shipment.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • teulk
    teulk Posts: 557
    My mate has a genuine pair of Jawbones and he has a pair of the fakes listed here. The lenses do fit perfectly
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
    Specialized Secteur Elite 2011
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    markyone wrote:
    There must have been loads coming over at once,i hope mine were on that shipment.

Hypocrite anyone?
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    markyone wrote:
    There must have been loads coming over at once,i hope mine were on that shipment.

Hypocrite anyone?

Maybe i should of added that they are for my 17 year old son.
    I dont wear or like oakleys i have these.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16672331
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Glad I have shared some consumer joy amongst you. Nice to see so many people satisfied. :)
  • I am beyond stunned!!
    I read this thread with interest from the start and was sceptical,
    I've bought genuine Oakleys before and love them.
    In the finish I relented, the intrigue got the better of me.
    Mine have just arrived.

The Oakley hardcase appears genuine, the softcase less so but I already have a spare. As for the glasses and lenses themselves. Incredible quality for the price.
    I'm sure a real Oakley fan would tell they're fake immediately but as you whizz past? Never.
    This company can only pay high profile sports stars millions to wear their products as long as there are thousands of punters prepared to pay £150 for something 'Chinky Dave' can knock out for less than a 'Bobby Moore' to the other side of the world.

Thanks for the tip off.
    Please post more stunning bargains soon x
  • JD_76
    Postie came this morning - still no glasses :(

Did you have to sign for them?
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Postie delivered to the Potteries from sloboat today... amber lenses for winter time look suitably Alig... , appreciate the tip off :)
  • benjboy
    Still have not received mine :( .Think they are on that boat of New Zealand :roll: ...
  • Still no sign of mine either... :(

Trek 2.1 winter hack
  • benjboy
    Exwife has phoned me and told me they are at her house. So mine have come and will collect them tomorrow :D . Don't ask why they went there long story :( ..
  • bet getting them warrantied will be really easy too :?

No offence, but I'll stick with the geniune articles...
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • yep. some people seem to be more bothered about how they look to others as they whizz past them than the actual protection, or otherwise, these fakes are going to provide. There's nowt sadder than a poser in fake gear.

And that's not even considering the child labour/exploitative conditions involved in making fake goods.
  • There's nowt sadder than a poser in fake gear.

Ummm... a gullible poser in genuine gear?
  • Mine turned up this morning.
    Great value by the looks of it. A very sturdy case, frames seem solid enough and a choice of 3 lenses.

A good cheap pair of winter sunglasses for £17.65 inc postage.
  • joenobody
    joenobody Posts: 563
    And that's not even considering the child labour/exploitative conditions involved in making fake goods.
    Right, because buying genuine gear stops this... :?