Chinese Oakleys.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    JoeNobody wrote:
    And that's not even considering the child labour/exploitative conditions involved in making fake goods.
    Right, because buying genuine gear stops this... :?

Hee hee, yeah, cause kids don't make genuine gear do they ? :D
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    Well, Nancy already admitted that she had bought fakes at the very start of this thread, so there really is nothing better than being exposed as a complete hypocrite :lol:

Maybe she's just annoyed that these glasses haven't dissolved in the rain like the ones she bought??
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    My glasses are really good, I look great in them, even Mrs Dmclite commented on how flash they were, :)

Glad there are so many happy customers of Shiningstar.
  • dmclite wrote:
    JoeNobody wrote:
    And that's not even considering the child labour/exploitative conditions involved in making fake goods.

Genuine Oakleys are made in America. Could be wrong, but I don't think they employ any children there.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Could I obtain a linky for these please? :)
  • joenobody
    joenobody Posts: 563
    edited October 2011
    dmclite wrote:
    JoeNobody wrote:

Genuine Oakleys are made in America. Could be wrong, but I don't think they employ any children there.
    I have a feeling the term you're looking for is "assembled". I highly doubt the parts are made in the US. Even so, if this is the case, then Oakley are in a minority.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Have I unwittingly stunted the growth of a 6 year old?
    meh :roll:
  • And that's not even considering the child labour/exploitative conditions involved in making fake goods

Do you honestly give a sh1t even for one second?

As for warranty concerns, Simplees just buy a spare 9 pairs and still have change compared to the genuine ones.

I wouldn't bother me if a baby seal was clubbed to death slowly if it meant I got the chance to buy stuff cheaper!!
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    If anyone's interested I have a spare pair of brand new and unused genuine Oakley clear Jawbone lenses going spare. PM me.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • JoeNobody wrote:
    I have a feeling the term you're looing for is "assembled". I highly doubt the parts are made in the US. Even so, if this is the case, then Oakley are in a minority.

Thanks, but I wasn't "looing" for any other term. Oakley glasses are "Made in U.S.A".
  • having looked inside the arms on my pair of REAL Jawbones….."made in USA" but as mentioned, what constitutes made these days is anyones guess
    A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Canyon Aeroad 7.0 summer missile
    Trek 2.1 winter hack
  • tanipan
    tanipan Posts: 261
    unixnerd you have a pm
    m parsons
  • There's nowt sadder than a poser in fake gear.

Ummm... a gullible poser in genuine gear?

Oh now come on . . leave roadies in their lycra out of this
  • Mine appeared yesterday, took a while to reach me (As vendor warned)
    Look pretty sturdy, they are, of course "Okleys" :roll:
    Lenses are easy to change.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • benjboy
    benjboy Posts: 258
    Got mine and am happy for £17.00 whats not to like about them. Made in China bless them all...Wonder if I could buy a chinese woman :roll: Or would she be a fake :shock: ..
    Keep the chain tight all the way.
  • Tri-ing
    Tri-ing Posts: 21
    Think ShiningStar may be going out of business/changing the name. Only a couple of pairs of the black/red pairs showing atm.

Found this one...

Who are selling a few different styles, which look pretty good....[/url]
  • joenobody
    joenobody Posts: 563
    JoeNobody wrote:
    I have a feeling the term you're looing for is "assembled". I highly doubt the parts are made in the US. Even so, if this is the case, then Oakley are in a minority.

Thanks, but I wasn't "looing" for any other term. Oakley glasses are "Made in U.S.A".
    Right, but as I'm sure you know, what I'm getting at is that they "make" the glasses in the US, but import the parts from Asia. I haven't found any conclusive evidence of this, and I'm happy to be proved wrong, but I'd be surprised if this wasn't the case.
  • The guy in that link has just started trading and has no feedback.
    He lists his items as a normal auction but as soon as you bid he will end the auction immediatlely so you don't have to wait.
    His listing looks identical to shining star and his communication is very good.
    I was so impressed with my set that I've just ordered another pair in a different colour scheme.
    Ya cannae whack a bargain!
  • JoeNobody wrote:
    Right, but as I'm sure you know, what I'm getting at is that they "make" the glasses in the US, but import the parts from Asia. I haven't found any conclusive evidence of this, and I'm happy to be proved wrong, but I'd be surprised if this wasn't the case.

Well, when you find the conclusive evidence, be sure to let these people know.

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus03 ... a-standard
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Mine arrived at the weekend, but I wish someone had made me aware of just how ridiculous I'd look wearing them. Maybe won't be as bad if I wear them when I'm wearing a helmet, but couldn't bring myself to wear them on Sunday.
    More problems but still living....
  • amaferanga wrote:
    Mine arrived at the weekend, but I wish someone had made me aware of just how ridiculous I'd look wearing them. Maybe won't be as bad if I wear them when I'm wearing a helmet, but couldn't bring myself to wear them on Sunday.

They do look better when wearing a helmet. I had the same worries. I look like knob in them but put the helmet on and I dont look as big of a knob.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    davelakers wrote:
    amaferanga wrote:

They do look better when wearing a helmet. I had the same worries. I look like knob in them but put the helmet on and I dont look as big of a knob.

Absolutely hilarious :lol::lol:

It least you only spent £20 to look like a knob. Just think you could have spent £130, or whatever they cost, to look like a knob.

:D
  • Just a little note to the poster that had concerns about the warranty issues regarding these fakes....
    Feel free to read the thread on the Road Buying Advice forum to gain a better understanding of the value your £140 warranty gives you.

Happy reading :-)
  • was anybody able to get clear lens from one these sellers?
  • Just smoked, yellow & mirror-blue with mine.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Sing along now...

The world today seems absolutely crackers,
    With nuclear bombs to blow us all sky high.
    There's fools and idiots sitting on the trigger.
    It's depressing and it's senseless, and that's why...
    I like Chinese.
    I like Chinese.
    They only come up to your knees,
    Yet they're always friendly, and they're ready to please.

I like Chinese.
    I like Chinese.
    There's nine hundred million of them in the world today.
    You'd better learn to like them; that's what I say.

I like Chinese.
    I like Chinese.
    They come from a long way overseas,
    But they're cute and they're cuddly, and they're ready to please.

I like Chinese food.
    The waiters never are rude.
    Think of the many things they've done to impress.
    There's Maoism, Taoism, I Ching, and Chess.

So I like Chinese.
    I like Chinese.
    I like their tiny little trees,
    Their Zen, their ping-pong, their yin, and yang-ese.

I like Chinese thought,
    The wisdom that Confucious taught.
    If Darwin is anything to shout about,
    The Chinese will survive us all without any doubt.

So, I like Chinese.
    I like Chinese.
    They only come up to your knees,
    Yet they're wise and they're witty, and they're ready to please.

All together.

Wo ai zhongguo ren. (I like Chinese.)
    Ni hao ma; ni hao ma; ni hao ma; zaijien! (How are you; how are you; how are you; goodbye!)

I like Chinese.
    I like Chinese.
    Their food is guaranteed to please,
    A fourteen, a seven, a nine, and lychees.

I like Chinese.
    I like Chinese.
    I like their tiny little trees,
    Their Zen, their ping-pong, their yin, and yang-ese.

I like Chinese.
    I like Chinese.
    They only come up to your knees...

And so on...

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Got mine in the post a couple of weeks back, really pleased with them and fantastic value when you consider all the accessories you get too. Few new colours being sold now.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • so far the cheapest clear lens I could find are here:

http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDeta ... ctID=22728

they are original oakleys
  • I just got my Chinese Oakley Jawbones and now want to order authentic lenses. Can someone suggest me some webshops? UK shops offer the lenses a bit cheaper than German ones.
    I already now these shops: http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/rangeViewer ... &source=aw (shipping to Estonia £30.-!!!)
    http://www.theinternetopticians.co.uk/o ... c-564.html (no shipping to Estonia)

Thanks
    "Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"