Chinese Oakleys.

Comments

• Nancy Luger
    Nancy Luger Posts: 95
    edited September 2011
    :roll: But that's exactly what they did. Hence me bothering my ass to post the info/warning. I'm not really into wasting my time posting things that i've just made up FFS. You're getting them cheap cos the quality is shite. People kid themselves with fakes, like 'they're probably made in the same factory' and all that. They're not. It's delusional bollocks. And money down the drain. You want decent riding shades cheap, buy some safety glasses. They're made to a higher spec than most cycling specific glasses - they have to meet EU safety standards and are marked as such.
  • Well, two guys in here vouch for these ones on eBay, I'm willing to take the risk. Sorry to hear about the ones made of sugar you bought in benidorm or wherever you where.
  • China, funnily enough. The place, like ebay, is awash with fake goods. And the majority of it is absolute crap. That's why it's cheap. Some of the leather stuff is ok, not bad quality. But I wouldn't spent another penny on anything plastic. But hey, you got money to throw away, fill ya wellies.
  • You really do seem a bit too angry about this...It's only 15 quid. Even if they only last a couple of months, Im not going to be :evil: About it. I spent more than that in the pub today.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Unless you crash and the frame snaps and takes out your eyes or something.

You only get one set of eyes - why risk them with dodgy glasses ?
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    cougie wrote:
    Unless you crash and the frame snaps and takes out your eyes or something.

You only get one set of eyes - why risk them with dodgy glasses ?

That'd probably happen anyway, even with original O's. Maybe nobody should wear glasses whilst riding, but mind the stone behind your contact lens.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • If I'm landing from a crash in a way that makes these glasses snap - that is to say, directly ON MY FACE - I'm guessing I'll have a few more serious injuries too and won't be worrying that it was the fault of the cheap sunnies but rather, exfoliating with Tarmac.
  • Can you pm me the link please.
  • Really B3rnieNolan I'm just trying to give people a heads up. Ain't angry in the slightest. And yeah 15 quid is fack all to me, they were a LOT cheaper in China as well. But some people are on tighter budgets and haven't got 15 quid to throw away. If they're good, and last for ages then great, happy days. Just relaying my experience with chinese plastic. Which you, for some reason, seemed to think i'd invented.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120783767818? ... 1423.l2649

Ameraferanga had the right link, sorry £16.99 was the correct price. Had them out a few times now, good as gold. Been to the Oakley store in Bluewater and bought some genuine lenses which fit perfectly and do the job. Sorry for the delay and no Pm's but a public link should satisfy all demands. I bought the white ones, btw, 3 x lenses, hardshell, bag, cleaning cloth spare nose thingys, cheap, cheerful and chinese. :D
  • Anonymous
    Really B3rnieNolan I'm just trying to give people a heads up. Ain't angry in the slightest. And yeah 15 quid is fack all to me, they were a LOT cheaper in China as well. But some people are on tighter budgets and haven't got 15 quid to throw away. If they're good, and last for ages then great, happy days. Just relaying my experience with chinese plastic. Which you, for some reason, seemed to think i'd invented.

Untwist your knickers, lighten up...... :wink:
  • prb007
    prb007 Posts: 703
    amaferanga wrote:
    These maybe?

Well,spotted, amaferanga...
    SHERLOCK_HOLMES_-_07.jpg

23 quid for Joakely's, a bit steep for me, tbh :o
    If Wales was flattened out, it'd be bigger than England!
    Planet X Ti Sportive for Sportives & tours
    Orange Alpine 160 for Afan,Alps & dodging trees
    Singlespeed Planet X Kaffenback for dodging potholes
    An On-One Inbred for hard-tail shenanigans...
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,919
    Just pulled the trigger on a set of the white Fakeley Jawbones. For £17 with delivery they are worth a punt.

How long did they take to arrive anyone??
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Anonymous
    rozzer32 wrote:
    Just pulled the trigger on a set of the white Fakeley Jawbones. For £17 with delivery they are worth a punt.

Mine took 11 days, did you use the link to the Ebay "Shiningstar" seller, thats who I got mine from.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Black ones are now available BIN for £16.49 posted.
    More problems but still living....
  • benjboy
    benjboy Posts: 258
    Ordered a pair of white ones last night only 4 sold now sold 18 someone is taking a chance with them. Thanks for the link dmclite worth it for £17.00 :P .
    Keep the chain tight all the way.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,919
    dmclite wrote:
    rozzer32 wrote:

Mine took 11 days, did you use the link to the Ebay "Shiningstar" seller, thats who I got mine from.

Yes I did buy mine from "Shiningstar". So hopefully not too long :)
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Cant go wrong at that price! Wish they had more on Buy It Now...
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • Blimey, I sold a genuine never used pair for £30 last week....
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Blimey, I sold a genuine never used pair for £30 last week....

Used sets go for at least 90 on ebay.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • Me too please
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    I am having a piece of that as well! Cheaper than monton! ;-)

:lol:
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Good god just watching Enter The Dragon with my new ChinOakleys on @ £16.99 and its like a 3D effect 8)
  • Anonymous
    ju5t1n wrote:

No more criminal than the UK illegally invading Iraq or the bankers bleeding the people of the UK dry.

Just saying, is all. :wink:
  • Anonymous
    Last post definitely tongue in cheek, BTW. :)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    For crap I'll stick with my Lidls (nicely packed for well under a tenner) and for decent my Enduras (£30). Trouble with fake Oakleys is that you look like you are wearing Oakleys :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    Ordered a pair in white.. if Oakley lenses fit then happy days.. if not the kids can have them and pretend to be Pooley and Smith. 8)
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?