Scott Addict SL

Comments

• freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    The guy in the back looks lower

The bike size is probably totally wrong judging by the extreme setup (insane stem, insane saddle angle, insane low bars) as the position is no better than anyone else's really, I think my position is probably better and my bars are quite high Intact I could lower mine by an extra 1.5cm and that's with a stem tilting slightly upwards.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Looks like Crimmey's arms are longer than his legs. Probably explains the need for the absurd set-up. Off the peg frames don't necessarily suit everyone and if I were so oddly proportioned that I needn't such a bizarre set-up on a conventional geometry frame I'd probably either get a custom frame or ride a TT bike with drops. I've got a mate actually who does ride a TT bike with drops as his regular road bike and the saddle-bars drop is probably no more extreme than Crimmey's and the bottom of the drops is also lower than the top of the wheel, but it doesn't look that odd because he doesn't have a ridiculous downward pointing red stem.
    More problems but still living....
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    edited August 2011
    My mate is looking for the perfect fit....
    an-orangutan-monkey-riding-a-bike1.jpg
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I don't think these pics tell us anything much. People go on about Sportive oriented bikes with their 'extremely' tall headtubes causing all sorts of flex etc yet the height difference is about equivalent to the length of a finger or less. If you post pictures at those angles of the same person on a sportive and a more racy bike, I'm pretty sure the position of the rider would look identical. But the rider would know the difference.

Only the standard side view would really help.....
    Faster than a tent.......
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    amaferanga wrote:
    Looks like Crimmey's arms are longer than his legs. .

They ain't judging from those pics.
  • I haven't laughed so hard at a thread in a long time.
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    The curious thing from all those photos is that there isn't one of him in the drops while seated - if he's in the drops then he is always standing.

I think it's because he can't breathe because he'd be too hunched over - even on the tops he has a pretty extreme bend at the waist.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • Crimmey
    Crimmey Posts: 207
    New decals added to wheels. Having trouble sorting out a cheap part/replacement for PX brakes so doesn't look like Ill be riding Scott for a while. Not forgottom 'bout side on pics in drops. Had a refund on 2 more 'onza' stems for TT bike etc, another order duly placed. That link posted earlier didn't deliver the goods.

P1000540.jpg
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    ARGH! I beg you to not post any pics of those wheels on that bike.

Yet another stylistic nightmare.
  • k-dog
    What Decals did you add?

Hope it's not the Bontrager ones.

All that effort and you could have at least lined up your tyre logos with the valve - at least that serves a purpose too.
  • The wheels actually look better than I thought they would, however I agree with k-dogs comment about the alignment. Would be good to see a pic of them on the bike though.

Personally I would've stuck with the black stealthy look, but then its not exactly a stealthy bike with that set up!
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    they look pretty bad mate. and i mean bad as in bad and not bad as in 'good' but from the 80's
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • lemoncurd
    lemoncurd Posts: 1,428
    I also preferred the stealthy wheel look but Crimmey deserves some credit here for the most replies to a 'Your Road Bikes' thread for ages.

Keep up the good work and post a picture of you on the drops.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Personally I would've stuck with the black stealthy look, but then its not exactly a stealthy bike with that set up!

Even without the stickers a deep rim wheel with white spokes and red anodised hubs is not stealthy :lol:

Plus another re the sticker non alignment!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • How about this handlebar setup, perfect match for the stem!

cable_brake_1_0.jpg
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Woah! That's an impressive kludge there. I can only begin to imagine the problem that's designed to overcome.
  • keef66 wrote:
    Woah! That's an impressive kludge there. I can only begin to imagine the problem that's designed to overcome.

I like the small bar, bunge and cable setup which I'm guessing is a brake. Just hoping the grey tape isn't what's holding several sections of bar together!
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    So if they can't reach the levers to brake how on earth do they change gear??
  • Crimmey
    Managed to sort her out for one last ride this year. Ignore the blue rear brake. Just wondering if red hudz would look better? Even though it looks like the saddle end is rammed up my behind it isn't really that bad.

_CSP4382-1.jpg

Anyone see me in the comic last week hah.
  • woody1545
    woody1545 Posts: 322
    Yes! I thought I recognised you, I considered asking but then I worried that I'd spent to much time on here and had inadvertently become a stalker. :oops:
  • k-dog
    Crimmey wrote:
    ... it isn't really that bad.

That's not a phrase I would choose to use for describing my comfort on my bike - it may be "not that bad", but it's not good at all.
  • Rochdale 'Tri-club', Makes perfect sense now.... :roll:
  • dru
    dru Posts: 1,341
    Interesting thread!

Anyhow,

Nice bike, interesting setup - but if it works for you then thats great.

If your a triathlete then thats great too

The only thing that doesn't work is your tri-kit with your road bike - but presumeably when doing tris you ride your tt bike - that probably does.color co-ordinate with your kit - if it doesn't then perfect excuse for another bike :)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    What a pathetic setup and the bike looks a right state with those deep section wheels with STUPID decals on.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    pastabake wrote:
    What a pathetic setup and the bike looks a right state with those deep section wheels with STUPID decals on.

Forgive me if this has already been covered, but you wouldn't be Freehub, back from the dead would you?

Also, bike still doesn't fit mate.
  • Anonymous
    jim453 wrote:
    pastabake wrote:

Forgive me if this has already been covered, but you wouldn't be Freehub, back from the dead would you?

Also, bike still doesn't fit mate.

You would be incorrect in assuming I am freehub.
  • Crimmey
    There isn't anybody else it could be unless a parallel universe has merged with ours or someone is trying to be you and pretending its not. Is there a Sep thread on this?. did I miss something about freehub. being dead? can't be bothered searching.
  • Anonymous
    Last time I looked Manchester has quite a large population.

And FYI my name is Raymondo
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    RIght. So I saw the OP tonight at the track. And he has the same lengthy stem on his track bike.

To be honest - it's not nearly as bad in person as the photos look. The guy rides the bike well and can indeed sprint out of the saddle.

However, it's completely unnecessary to have that much drop on the bars. Getting that low really doesn't add much, and possibly takes something away by putting the body in an awkward position.

Still - just goes to show that when you seem something in real life it's not always as silly as it appears to be when view online.
  • Pokerface wrote:
    RIght. So I saw the OP tonight at the track. And he has the same lengthy stem on his track bike.

To be honest - it's not nearly as bad in person as the photos look. The guy rides the bike well and can indeed sprint out of the saddle.

However, it's completely unnecessary to have that much drop on the bars. Getting that low really doesn't add much, and possibly takes something away by putting the body in an awkward position.

Still - just goes to show that when you seem something in real life it's not always as silly as it appears to be when view online.

There you are Crimmey, an endorsement from a world champ. Can't argue with that.

Think everyone owes him an apology 8)
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer