Scott Addict SL

Comments

• k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    I'm stil waiting for a pic to see someone on that atrocity.

To satisfy my curiosity I thought I'd drop someone onto it to see how it works. I found this picture of Dave Z which looked close - then lined up two pictures with the BB and both hubs and then cut out the rider.

xfdoxx.jpg

Obviously I didn't bother with his left leg and I had to adjust the arm slightly - it was actually slightly higher which is why his nose is missing.

So, a guy known for riding in a slammed TT position could ride on the hoods if he dropped his arms a bit lower and bit further forward...
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • Crimmey
    Crimmey Posts: 207
    Awesome - to be fair on me though I think the angle of the front end is slightly deceiving and not as bad as what your cool piccy makes it out to be. Will have to get some pics up just to compare to that though.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Crimmey wrote:
    Will have to get some pics up.

I totally agree. I like to get my back stretched out, but this is extreme!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    That pic....

If that guy was actually on that bike, the nose of the seat would be firmly wedged in his anus!

And you are correct, I was indeed thinking of getting one of those stems, for when I rig my bike up for time trials, I can't get the aero bars low enough but if I could I'd have a good position, although that stem is probably far too low.

I've just thought, if we ever do get some pics, I'd not be surprised if he turns out to be Bhima, I can't see it being anyone else, unless they know Bhima.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I also have a Scott and fitted it with black bar tape and white hoods. It's a combination you don't see often but looks really good.
  • Crimmey
    Your Scott frame is nicer than mine :(
  • Anonymous
    Crimmey wrote:

Cheers, but your wheels are a lot better than mine. I'm desperate for some new ones, the Mavic Askyiums that came with the bike are utter rubbish.
  • k-dog
    freehub wrote:
    That pic....

If that guy was actually on that bike, the nose of the seat would be firmly wedged in his anus!.

The saddle area actually lined up really well. You can see that he likes to ride right on the nose on his TT bike:

bicycle-racer-cyclist_900px.jpg
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Look how much higher off the front wheel Zab's bars are from the Scott. (assuming they re both using 700c wheels - pretty safe assumption). If you have to "stretch for 30mins a day" to sit on your bike then something is wrong. Can you actually generate enough power in order to bring aerodynamics into play? It does nt make any difference how low you are if you re not actually moving!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Crimmey wrote:

and more comfortable no doubt :lol:
  • canbakay
    canbakay Posts: 282
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • You may scoff, but this is the hour record bike used by the most revered of all racing cyclists:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddy_Merckx - scroll down to the hour record bike!
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    You may scoff, but this is the hour record bike used by the most revered of all racing cyclists:

What's Merckx's rather unremarkable hour bike got to do with this Scott?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • lemoncurd
    lemoncurd Posts: 1,428
    You may scoff, but this is the hour record bike used by the most revered of all racing cyclists:

That explains it, Crimmey is going for "The Hour".

Merckx's road bikes had a less extreme setup:

tour-de-france-incomparable-eddy-merckx.jpg
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Naaah, even with that one the bottom of the drops are way above the top of the wheels. I don't think it is that much different to the road set up above.

EddyMerckxHourRecordBike.jpg
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Im interested to find out, who did you come with the conclusions to get into that position, you dont wake up one morning and think im going to whack my seat up and get a 160 stem and crack it down so low, i'd be scared shitless desending on the drops with it!
    Helmand Province is such a nice place.....
  • Crimmey
    Its taken lots of stems and trial and error. Unfortunately guys, Scottie had suffered brake failure yesterday 1mile from home so Ill have to use this one instead. ( Bit temperamental those PX things, need to setup properly)

P1000472.jpg

I've tried to get measurements the same. Its my commuting bike so I use nearly everyday and is just as comfy. I've had to swap the stem around as Im waiting for 2 more of those ONZA's but I ordered from a link that was posted on here and they haven't arrived 2+ weeks later.

SO if anyone wants a sneak peak I should be at the Geoff Thomas Sportive 2moz unless the rain is bad.
  • k-dog
    Someone has to be near that event tomorrow. We all really want to see a picture of that thing in action.
  • Crimmey wrote:
    Its taken lots of stems and trial and error. Unfortunately guys, Scottie had suffered brake failure yesterday 1mile from home so Ill have to use this one instead. ( Bit temperamental those PX things, need to setup properly)

P1000472.jpg

I've tried to get measurements the same. Its my commuting bike so I use nearly everyday and is just as comfy. I've had to swap the stem around as Im waiting for 2 more of those ONZA's but I ordered from a link that was posted on here and they haven't arrived 2+ weeks later.

SO if anyone wants a sneak peak I should be at the Geoff Thomas Sportive 2moz unless the rain is bad.

I'd like to see you get round the sportive without a chain.

:D
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,931
    Seeing that saddle angle and riding position makes me wonder if there is such a thing as cycling-induced cryptorchidism.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    That's the first bike I've seen where crudcatcher clearance to the handlebars is a potential issue :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Keith1983
    Keith1983 Posts: 575
    Did anyone answer the OP's question about decals on wheels? :o
  • geoff93
    geoff93 Posts: 190
    Sort out a picture of you on it, not a picture of another ridiculously set-up bike.
    Trek Madone 3.5 (RS80s, Arione)
    Trek Madone 3.1 (Upgraded)
    Ribble TT Bike
    Trek Mamba (Garry Fisher Collection)
  • Anyone at said event is duty bound to take a photo of Crimmey on bike. That is all.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • jam5ie76
    jam5ie76 Posts: 108
    Not suprised you dont like descending at speed.

Must be near impossible to get your weight back without letting go of the handlebars!
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Crimmey gotta be a joker, I bet he changed the position of his bike to that pathetic position just for photographs.

Must be female, no male could ride with the saddle like that.
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    On a positive note - the wood floor looks nice. :shock:
  • gmb
    gmb Posts: 456
    rajMAN wrote:

Yes, but the skirting boards should really sit on top of the floor. That would look much better than having the quadrant there. Very shiny though ....
    Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
    http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg
  • Anonymous
    GMB wrote:
    rajMAN wrote:

Yes, but the skirting boards should really sit on top of the floor. That would look much better than having the quadrant there. Very shiny though ....

Also, I think it looks better when the quadrant matches the colour of the skirting board, rather than the colour of the floor. So it that case a white quadrant would look better.

Much like I've done in my living room -

$(KGrHqUOKicE4vYSsIq)BOT7R6R53!~~48_12.JPG

(Please don't take the p1ss out of the fact my bars are higher than my saddle, I just find it comfortable that way). ;)
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    I'm concerned- I'm reading a bicycle forum yet now worried about the state of the poster's cremaster muscle and the abilities of his carpenter. I think I'll go for a ride instead.