Is the Cav Sky move a done deal?

Comments

• I've been lurking for a while now and I only joined to say, "Stop feeding 'He-who-must-not-be-named'!"

Other than that, Cav rocks! :lol:
    It takes seventeen muscles to smile but only four to operate a standard issue sniper rifle.
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    [/quote]

You mean cheque? Are you a yank?[/quote]

Close....sounds like.
  • RC856 wrote:

You mean cheque? Are you a yank?[/quote]

Close....sounds like.[/quote]

Yes he is. It's well documented.
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Seems Sky wasn't a done deal, team announced...

http://snookcycling.wordpress.com/latest-news/
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    708912 wrote:
    Renshaw and Cav have already signed for Sky a few days back. Nice 2.5million in the bag for Cav. Keeping hush is just goof for the PR.

Weird then that Renshaw is still negotiating with Rabobank.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    Turfle wrote:
    708912 wrote:
    Renshaw and Cav have already signed for Sky a few days back. Nice 2.5million in the bag for Cav. Keeping hush is just goof for the PR.

Weird then that Renshaw is still negotiating with Rabobank.

didn't the link in the other thread say he had talked to them, not that he was talking to them
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Renshaw has signed for Rabobank
  • Salsiccia
    Salsiccia Posts: 405
    Renshaw has signed for Rabobank

Perhaps he's taking Cav with him :wink:
    I was only joking when I said
    by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Renshaw has signed for Rabobank

It's not confirmed by anyone yet. Some decent sources are heeding caution.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    708912 said
    Again. I repeat. Sky deal done last week for 2.5M. With Renshaw. And imagine the image rights being part of SKY for such a character/ winner. It's not about the money though.

You repeated it, but is it true?
  • Petacchi calls it a day and Cavendish signs for Lampre. :lol:
  • SLX01
    SLX01 Posts: 338
    708912 wrote:
    As I stated earlier this week; Cav signed for sky last week for 2.5m ( not about the money thought!) Part of the deal was Renshaw (1m). Bernie was being negotiated out of HtC, but now that is a done deal.
    All will be revealed.

Strange then that Renshaw has signed for Rabbobank so the only thing that has been revelead is that you were talking rubbish!
  • cavendishy must have soiled his diapers. Now he has too contend with GossY and Renshaw and Greipel! Get ready to see his pouty face and hear a bunch of excuses in 2012 :lol:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    cavendishy must have soiled his diapers. Now he has too contend with GossY and Renshaw and Greipel! Get ready to see his pouty face and hear a bunch of excuses in 2012 :lol:

All three of those have been his lead out man at GTs. There's a reason they were the lead out man and not the sprinter.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Salsiccia
    Salsiccia Posts: 405
    cavendishy must have soiled his diapers. Now he has too contend with GossY and Renshaw and Greipel! Get ready to see his pouty face and hear a bunch of excuses in 2012 :lol:

Out of interest, have you ever posted about any subject other than Cav?
    I was only joking when I said
    by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232

this is the greipel who one stage to Cav's 5 in the TDF this year?
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    camerone wrote:

this is the greipel who one stage to Cav's 5 in the TDF this year?

Exactly.

Although I think that many (myself included) will look back on the HTC era as being something special regarding team organisation for a sprinter, I look forward to there being more competition for Cav's crown.

Bring it on. He may lose one or two more races with increased competition but he will still be the sprint Daddy for the next couple of years at least.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I thought everyone knew he was going to Garmin?

:wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    DON'T DO IT MARK RENSHAW!!

Remember what happened to Gerald Ciolek? Andre Greipel?

Sure you may win a stage of the Tour (or Giro, or Vuelta) eventually and you could well end up in the points jersey for the Tour DownUnder, but listen m'dear, you'll find greater fame and fortune with Cav.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    To befair Greipel isn't doing that bad with life after HTC :P

If Renshaw goes to Rabo he'll still be Mr leadout. Matthews does looks like he'll be on course to have a massive year next year. Time will tell I suppose.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    i don't get all the fuss about cavendish owing so much to renshaw, renshaw owes cavendish far far more
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • tremayne
    tremayne Posts: 378
    edited August 2011
    not sure about that, fella. Takes a special sort of guy to be prepared to spend so much time in the shade, whilst being so talented himself.

For the record - I'm a total Cav fan. Legend - and long may he reign. But to underestimate P. Harry's contributions is very uncharitable!
  • tremayne
    tremayne Posts: 378
    And I'm certain that a lot of Cav 'bigging Renshaw up' isn't just PR bull. I think its from the heart.
  • jonbob78
    jonbob78 Posts: 70
    So Daily Telegraph tweeted today that Renshaw has gone to Rabobank. It that it then...or is it a done deal?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/8693402/Mark-Renshaw-signs-for-Rabobank-following-HTC-Highroad-collapse-Thor-Hushovd-joins-BMC-Racing.html
  • Due to the absence of facts in this thread I have been practising my anagram skills... cornoyemade is an anagram of "complete twunt"
  • Is cornorymade P_tucker ?
    I was ahead of you
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Is cornorymade P_tucker ?
    I was ahead of you

You were ahead of yourself?
    More problems but still living....
  • Heard from a reliable source that Renshaws going to Garmin so maybe the Rabobank deal isn't quite as done as people think it is.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Heard from a reliable source that Renshaws going to Garmin so maybe the Rabobank deal isn't quite as done as people think it is.

So is Cavendish :wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.