Is the Cav Sky move a done deal?

Comments

• MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    gsk82 wrote:
    MrTapir wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:
    jill douglas is such a moose. he's being wearing GB kit for years so why wouldn't he look comfortable?

sounds a bit more like a loaded comment rather than just 'his clothes seemed to fit well and be made of fine material'

i think she knows nothing but is trying to sound like she does

You cant say that - she presented the tour series last year
  • According to Skys head of cycling Cav signed a while ago, Hunt, Downing and a fair few others are out too.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    They haven't re-signed Downing??
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Tusher wrote:

A friend of mine saw how DB and RD interact up close last year and he said "frosty" would be a good description.

I think he's a reasonable solid support rider and hope he gets picked up.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    Would guess Miss/Mrs Millar is with child from that....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Tusher
    iainf72 wrote:
    Tusher wrote:

A friend of mine saw how DB and RD interact up close last year and he said "frosty" would be a good description.

I think he's a reasonable solid support rider and hope he gets picked up.

Sod Brailsford.

Just watching Russ Downing living his dream this year has been inspiring. Hope he's signed up quickly by a Pro-Team. Like you say, he's a good, solid domestique. Heck, he made it through the Toughest Giro Ever this year.

Garmin?
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    iainf72 wrote:
    Told you he was going to Garmin :wink:

When I first read that I actually sicked up a little bit (I really don't like the old Garmin team, but always liked Cervelo so now I'm conflicted), but now I'm mulling it over and I'm not sure. Unless you're joking of course :(
  • iainf72
    iainf72 wrote:
    Told you he was going to Garmin :wink:

When I first read that I actually sicked up a little bit (I really don't like the old Garmin team, but always liked Cervelo so now I'm conflicted), but now I'm mulling it over and I'm not sure. Unless you're joking of course :(

I'm unsure. Started as a twitter joke (or was it) and now I keep repeating it. I'd hope he goes to Sky. Don't like Cavendish, don't like Sky, it's win win for me. But if he went to a team I sort of liked, that would be odd.
  • TMR
    iainf72 wrote:
    I'm unsure. Started as a twitter joke (or was it) and now I keep repeating it. I'd hope he goes to Sky. Don't like Cavendish, don't like Sky, it's win win for me. But if he went to a team I sort of liked, that would be odd.

I don't like Sky either. They are the Chelsea of Pro Cycling; they have loads of cash and like to throw their weight around, yet deliver little.

Although I did warm to several of their riders during this tour, Geraint Thomas and Ben Swift.
  • iainf72
    joe2008 wrote:
    Although I did warm to several of their riders during this tour, Geraint Thomas and Ben Swift.
    that'll be a couple then

Geraint and Ben are a couple? Wow! That must be a first in cycling.

:wink:
  • TMR
    joe2008 wrote:
    that'll be a couple then

Several is a couple or more. What's your point Mr Picky? :P
  • Tusher
    iainf72 wrote:

I don't like Sky either. They are the Chelsea of Pro Cycling; they have loads of cash and like to throw their weight around, yet deliver little.

I'd kinda echo that as well. Sky were a bit too glam for my liking, although I didn't actively dislike them, and I've warmed to some of their riders as well.

Especially Downing. I was thrilled for him when he was signed, although John Herety was the driver behind that.

I fear I shall find it impossible to forgive Brailsford if he ditches him after a strong year.

Iain- do you have any favourite teams?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,461
    Has Russell Downing had a strong year?

I don't think he's won a race this season, has he?
  • iainf72
    andyp wrote:

Nope.

But he's not the weakest on Sky

http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/team_s ... amcode=sky

He's even survive my "cut the weakest 10%" axe if you went by CQRanking
  • Tusher
    andyp wrote:

He's have won if he'd stayed with Rapha-Condor, but he was a solid, reliable, loyal domestigue for Sky throughout the year. His performance in the Giro was especially admirable, given that he hadn't completed a Grand Tour before.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Tusher wrote:
    He's have won if he'd stayed with Rapha-Condor.

Dean is the Rapha guy not Russell
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Tusher wrote:

I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • iainf72
    Tusher wrote:

Nope. I'm a bit retro. I like individual riders. I can have an active dislike for a team (High Horse) yet like Tony Martin.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:
    Tusher wrote:

Nope. I'm a bit retro. I like individual riders. I can have an active dislike for a team (High Horse) yet like Tony Martin.

Can't think of many Liquigas riders you don't like.
  • Tusher
    Tusher wrote:

Ooops, you're right. I sit corrected. It was Marshalls TV Pasta wasn't it? Or those words in another order.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 wrote:
    Tusher wrote:

That's true, but if Cavendish or Voeckler turned up at Liquigas, I'd not think "oh my team has gone and hired someone I don't like"
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Tusher wrote:

That's true, but if Cavendish or Voeckler turned up at Liquigas, I'd not think "oh my team has gone and hired someone I don't like"

You'd be disappointed the man with the tongue was riding in the same team as Basso.

Don't deny it!
  • Tusher
    I follow the individual riders around- the only team I began to 'follow' as a team was Garmin. 'Cos they were different back then,(or I perceived them to be).

Although I've added Europcar, because of Jean-René Bernaudeau's search for a sponsor last year- I didn't want him to go the way of Roger Legeay and Credit Agricole. And I love Thomas Voeckler for hanging on in there with Bernaudeau (yes, I know he was about to fax his contract to Cofidis). The plucky underddog is always appealing. And I quite like Skil-Shimano, but that's mainly because of Kenny.

BTW, wasn't Legeay supposed to become a consultant with Sky or BC? Haven't heard a single thing since then. They must have locked him in a cellar and the secret squirrels have eaten him.
  • Tusher
    Oh dear. In between writing that and posting, I made the coffee, thus being unaware that I love every rider Iain loathes.

Cadel???? We both like Cadel?
  • iainf72
    Tusher wrote:

Cadel???? We both like Cadel?

Yep.

We like Cadel.
  • Tusher
    Have a toasted scone and a slice of lemon drizzle with that cup of coffee, Iain :D
  • iainf72 wrote:
    andyp wrote:

Nope.

10,802 KM's, Thomas has been a real work horse this season, I like him though, seems to have a good attitude and doesn't whinge, what are the chances he will move from Sky for next year?
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    iainf72 wrote:
    andyp wrote:

Nope.

10,802 KM's, Thomas has been a real work horse this season, I like him though, seems to have a good attitude and doesn't whinge, what are the chances he will move from Sky for next year?

Nil he's just signed a multi year contract with Sky.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622

I guess you missed him signing a 3 tear deal :)
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    @MarkCavendish

"Incredible how even if it seems you have everything you want, sometimes you'd do anything to turn back time."

Regrets on the Sky deal ?? Or Peta ??