The Canyon bikes thread

Comments

• Ballsacks. Just my luck!

Guess I won't be riding it till Monday then :(
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Ballsacks. Just my luck!

Guess I won't be riding it till Monday then :(

Have you checked your email junk box thats where my canyon despatch and tracking number emails went to it comes from a different address to the order confirmation email.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Nah nothing in there yet either. Oh well.. just wait longer :lol:
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    I got my tracking number the same day after i got the 48 shipping mail.

UPS picked it up the same day, got it 3 days after
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    :cry::cry:

dont worry dude it will be ok, just remember you will never have to wait for it as long as i did :lol:

I am sure we will see it before the week it out
  • Welsh_Tom wrote:
    :cry::cry:

dont worry dude it will be ok, just remember you will never have to wait for it as long as i did :lol:

I am sure we will see it before the week it out

Its the fact that I can't ride it till Monday!

Gonna be torture!
  • Bike stil not turned up... but phoned Canyon who have said its still showing as "picked", probably due to them having to change the springs for my fat ass.

Oh and I found out why some of the brake routing will be different on some bikes!

Basically, they get a certain number of bikes with GB setup but the majority are Euro (brakes the opposite way round).
    So when they pick the bikes, if its a GB one they just send it, if its euro they have to remove the brakes and re-fit GB way!
  • Lmrt1
    Lmrt1 Posts: 26
    I've got a Grand Canyon (hardtail). Only had it for a couple weeks but has proved to be very nice so far! Handles well, feels nice and quick and the spec is fantastic for the price it has to be said. Looks smart too!
  • santahul
    santahul Posts: 91
    Anybody got any experience of the finance options they claim to do? Can't really find any details of them on the web site.
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    spudly1979 wrote:
    Got an AM 6.0 on the way - hopefully here in 2 weeks! Most people seem to have gone with the XC but i fancied more travel! Not seen a single one in the flesh as yet though - except i think i saw one on the back of someone's car on the M1!

Raymondavalon - there are no dealers, thats the reason behind the prices - it all goes through their website.

If it was on the back of a black Mini then it was probably me.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • poppit
    Perhaps we ought to start a Canyon owners club.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • SantaHul wrote:
    Anybody got any experience of the finance options they claim to do? Can't really find any details of them on the web site.

I enquired about that and they told me they dont do it. Reason being is that the cost of bikes would go up to cover the costings for the finance agreements.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    There was a Canyon Toque 8.0 in our bike shop this afternoon for some repairs (front wheel missing a few spokes) - we noticed that the rear end was somewhat flexible - twist the rear wheel and you can flex the linkage and rear triangle........not what I'd want in a FR oriented bike.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • zenistar
    zenistar Posts: 75
    Collected my Nerve XC 9.0 on August 12th from over the border in Germany, put just over 130km on it and absolutely love it.
    2012 Brompton S6L
    2011 Canyon Nerve XC 9.0
    2001 Specialized Allez
    1998 Specialized Rockhopper FS - still going strong!
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    As soon as my Turner sells, then I'll probably be getting one of these...

Fast Canyon...

Although can't decide if the additional grand for Carbon over Aluminium is worth it...
  • Got my Lux MR 9.0 10 days ago and took it down to Dorset for a shakedown last week - it is superb, flies up the hills (which can be vicious in Dorset).

Looks superb, and the build quality is exceptional.
    Orange Crush AM 15
    Airnimal Chameleon Ultra
    Planet X Team Alu
  • Canyon Owners Club would definitely be welcome. Not sure why. But I like being in clubs.

Raced my green Nerve XC 7.0 at the Llandegla 10 at the weekend, it was awesome in every way. Only saw two other Canyons, a black XC 7.0 and a Lux MR which looked very nice indeed. In comparison to the (at least) 20 Orange Fives I saw I think Canyons are still pretty exclusive and I'm saving for a race hardtail, probably a Grand Canyon AL with ridiculous spec.
    On-One Whippet Singlespeed
    Raleigh Airlite 400
    On-One Fatty (for sale)
  • poppit
    Canyon Owners Club would definitely be welcome. Not sure why. But I like being in clubs.

Raced my green Nerve XC 7.0 at the Llandegla 10 at the weekend, it was awesome in every way. Only saw two other Canyons, a black XC 7.0 and a Lux MR which looked very nice indeed. In comparison to the (at least) 20 Orange Fives I saw I think Canyons are still pretty exclusive and I'm saving for a race hardtail, probably a Grand Canyon AL with ridiculous spec.

Not sure how to set a club up, anyone any suggestions?

Got a Grand Canyon AL 8.0 W on order for my partner as a winter bike.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Had mine a fortnight can not get off it, amazing bikes.
    Rideing a Canyon XC Nerve 6.0,

Cheers Geordie.
  • poppit
    I suppose your first thought is that Canyons are a bargain, which they are, but then when you look at some other brands you start to think that the others are a bit of a rip off and how can they justify charging so much compared to the Canyons.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • i've been looking at the Canyon website every night for the last week with my finger twitching over the BUY button, but I'm confused about what size to get.

I used the bike size recommender thing and put in my vitals (I got a strange look from the missus while i was stood in front of the mirror with a lightsaber tucked up against my genitals and a tape measure in hand), but it keeps telling me i'm too short even for the small framed XC/AM!
    I'm 5'8" with a 29"(ish) inch inseam and a long body, and small frames can sometimes feel too cramped for me - would the medium definitely be too big?

Is there anyone in the Surrey area with a Small or Medium framed Canyon that i could have a sit on??
  • AMcK
    AMcK Posts: 79
    I used the bike size recommender thing and put in my vitals (I got a strange look from the missus while i was stood in front of the mirror with a lightsaber tucked up against my genitals and a tape measure in hand), but it keeps telling me i'm too short even for the small framed XC/AM!

When I used it initially, I got the torso measurement wrong, which caused the same problem - it might be that? I think the measurement is from the top of your inside leg, rather than waist.

I have two friends of a similar size to you - one went with M, one went with a S, both after riding mine (M, which is an 18.5" frame) But it was personal preference rather than science.

I did the sizing thing (properly, it came out at M), spoke to Canyon UK and also checked the geometry (at the bottom of the page) against my old hardtail, to see if the fit was about right.
    2011 Black Canyon Nerve XC9.0
  • AMcK
    AMcK Posts: 79
    But then, can you even trust a bloke who can't get the quote format right on a post?

:oops:
    2011 Black Canyon Nerve XC9.0
  • Crundi
    Crundi Posts: 41
    kinggareth wrote:
    i've been looking at the Canyon website every night for the last week with my finger twitching over the BUY button, but I'm confused about what size to get.

I'm 5'8" with a 29"(ish) inch inseam and a long body, and small frames can sometimes feel too cramped for me - would the medium definitely be too big?

Is there anyone in the Surrey area with a Small or Medium framed Canyon that i could have a sit on??

I've got the Strive 8.0 and have seen a few Nerve XC's on Pitch Hill recently. For size, I would say look closely at the top tube length (under 'Equipment/Geometry' at the bottom of the Canyon site) and compare it to your current bike to get an idea.
  • Bike size is hard to judge unless you know what you like.

If I didn't know my personal preference, it would have put me off buying a Canyon... regardless of the VFM.
  • AMcK wrote:
    I have two friends of a similar size to you - one went with M, one went with a S, both after riding mine (M, which is an 18.5" frame) But it was personal preference rather than science.

I am one of said mates (the shorter of the two; 170cm tall and inseam 79cm; sorry to be all euro but that's how they ask for it! also torso 61, arm 64). At first it wouldn't select a size for me, so I upped the inseam measurement very slightly and it recommended a small. As I was comfortable that I'd still have enough ball clearance (having tried a M without issues), I was happy to go with the small. I was still a bit worried about the top tube length as I was coming off a mid 90s hardtail race machine, but it's fine, don't feel cramped or like I'm sitting up too straight or anything.

I've ridden nearly 600 miles on it and love it; it's perfect for me. It'll be on the Surrey Hills on the 11th if you're around! (with the mediums as well!)
    2011 Canyon XC 8.0 (Monza Race Red)
    1996(?) dyna-tech titanium HT; pace RC-35's; Hope Ti Hubs etc etc
    Bianchi Road Bike
  • NGMTB
    NGMTB Posts: 44
    I have just got my Nerve XC 6.0
    I am 6ft and have the medium, it fits me perfectly. their calculator recomended this size.

on another note I must say the bike is high quality and looks awsome, it came with a pile of manuals about 3 inches high, you even get a manual on the handelbars.....

i would recomend a Canyon without a doubt
    Canyon Nerve XC 2011

Canyon Ultimate AL Di2
  • The new ones are looking hot, I want to be an owner of one.

http://www.canyon.com/_en/eurobike2011/ ... bikes.html
  • Mojo_666 wrote:
    The new ones are looking hot, I want to be an owner of one.

http://www.canyon.com/_en/eurobike2011/ ... bikes.html

good spot dude.. when did u see that, it was not there like 2 days ago. mike wonts a new toy :lol: