The Canyon bikes thread

Comments

• poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    madmossy wrote:
    What about the YT Tues DH, anyone have any experience with those ?

http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/index ... vi5cbp06c4

Never heard of them but it's another one to add to my long list of German brands.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • curlie467
    curlie467 Posts: 225
    They look fantastic and are excellent value, tons of them on the trails at the moment so they seem very popular.
  • Crundi
    Crundi Posts: 41
    Strive ES8 in black. M size. Lovely bike.

The Strive has a shorter cockpit than I'm used to - although I'm coming from a Large Rockhopper (which has a very long top tube) so its to be expected.
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Right you Canyon owners!

My mate is looking at a new FS bike, I've recommended the Canyon, however the website is poo and we cannot seem to locate a UK dealer.

Any ideas who sells them online?
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    Any ideas who sells them online?

Canyon! :lol:
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    And tell your mate that the 2012 models will be up on their site in approx 6 weeks so if he can wait, then wait.
  • spudly1979
    spudly1979 Posts: 172
    Got an AM 6.0 on the way - hopefully here in 2 weeks! Most people seem to have gone with the XC but i fancied more travel! Not seen a single one in the flesh as yet though - except i think i saw one on the back of someone's car on the M1!

Raymondavalon - there are no dealers, thats the reason behind the prices - it all goes through their website.
    Canyon AM 6.0
    At some point i am going to manage to jump one of these things.....
  • spudly1979
    Oh, and are the grips that bad? Just ordered some superstar nanos and if grips are poor i fancy some superstar lock ons to match!
    Canyon AM 6.0
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    Am 6.0, its great, But far to much bike for my lvl of skills.... for now :twisted:

But yes the grips are bad, they move about 1in, everyride.

Replaced them with superstar lock on's today

Not sure if its down to skills, but sitting the fork to 120 on big up hills makes it feel like a hole new bike, and for the better.

The pp I use but I dont find it bobs much anyway, so I dont think its a problem.
  • spudly1979
    yeah, i'm expecting it to be capable of far more than i'll ever try to do (and certainly be able to do!)

Thanks for the grip advice - set of superstar lock ons on order in about 10 mins!
    Canyon AM 6.0
  • Raymondavalon
    Saw the Strive at Cannock today and gave it a good looking over
    What a lovely piece of kit, nicely made too. I really do like them.
    My mate was quite impressed too, he's looking at buying himself the Nerve
  • Got a Torque 6.0 Rockzone making its way over from Germany next week :)
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Got a Torque 6.0 Rockzone making its way over from Germany next week :)

Thats a lot of bike for the money and the brown and gold looks sweet but 38 pounds weight without pedals :shock: you wont be pedalling up too many hills.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • stubs wrote:

Thats a lot of bike for the money and the brown and gold looks sweet but 38 pounds weight without pedals :shock: you wont be pedalling up too many hills.

Lightweight compared to the Kona Stinky I used to borrow :lol:

Should just be used for mucking about and some DH. Got the Boardman for everyday duties :)

Can't bloody wait though!
  • stubs
    Isnt it a pity that no one has come up with a bike that can tranform from a Boardman HT at the top of the hill into a gravity bike like the Torque then back again at the bottom. The Optimus Prime of MTBs.

I bet you are tracking your package from Germany I had it on my favourites and checked at least a 100 times watching it crawl around Germany then seem to stop in essex for ever then make a sudden spurt to my door :D
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • stubs wrote:
    Isnt it a pity that no one has come up with a bike that can tranform from a Boardman HT at the top of the hill into a gravity bike like the Torque then back again at the bottom. The Optimus Prime of MTBs.

I bet you are tracking your package from Germany I had it on my favourites and checked at least a 100 times watching it crawl around Germany then seem to stop in essex for ever then make a sudden spurt to my door :D

Nah, something much better has ben invented! the uplift :lol:

Haven't had my tracking yet, had a 48hr dispatch confirmation on Friday so I assume it will got on Monday.

How long did yours take to turn up? Canyon reckoned 3 days?
  • stubs
    I got my despatch email on a sunday it showed picked up from the factory monday at 4pm and I received it thursday morning at 11am not bad at all it just seemed like weeks :lol:

Uplift is cheating your missing out on the fun of gasping sweating and swearing up the hill :wink:
  • fair enough... I'm reaaaaally hoping for wednesday. If its thursday I might have to build it in the car park :lol: I'm busy from friday > Sunday :(
  • stubs
    fair enough... I'm reaaaaally hoping for wednesday. If its thursday I might have to build it in the car park :lol: I'm busy from friday > Sunday :(

Get it diverted to my house I will build it up and test it for you
  • Ha! Its going to work so I might sneak the afternoon off :D
  • Welsh_Tom
    Welsh_Tom Posts: 571
    Good luck getting that box in the back of your small car ben. I am happy to come pick it up for you and meet you at cwm. . . . Can I lend you full face. Just to make so I dont get mugged on the way home.
  • Raymondavalon
    stubs wrote:

Aah.. the weight weenies always have to get their [lightweight] oars into any discussion...
  • stubs
    stubs wrote:

Aah.. the weight weenies always have to get their [lightweight] oars into any discussion...

WTF are you on about weight weenie I dont even own a set of scales. Go back to the crudcatcher where you belong you moron.
  • stubs wrote:
    stubs wrote:

WTF are you on about weight weenie I dont even own a set of scales. Go back to the crudcatcher where you belong you moron.

Just to put a happy face bck in the thread... I bought scales yesterday :lol:
  • stubs
    stubs wrote:
    stubs wrote:

Just to put a happy face bck in the thread... I bought scales yesterday :lol:

Traitor :lol:
  • spudly1979
    @ stubs n Northern monkey - did you recieve the dispatch emails etc on the week your bike was due according to their website, or the end of that week?

Mine is showing week 33 - which i believe is next week - but does that mean it dispatches end of that week, or will hit me next week?!?

Seems to be taking forever and we're off to Brechfa end of that week!
    Canyon AM 6.0
  • stubs
    edited August 2011
    spudly1979 wrote:
    @ stubs n Northern monkey - did you recieve the dispatch emails etc on the week your bike was due according to their website, or the end of that week?

Mine is showing week 33 - which i believe is next week - but does that mean it dispatches end of that week, or will hit me next week?!?

Seems to be taking forever and we're off to Brechfa end of that week!

Mine arrived on the thursday morning of the week it was due. I got the email on the sunday if I remember right (might have been saturday) and it was dispatched monday afternoon.

edit: Just looked at my emails bike was due week 30th may to June 5th I recieved it thurs June 2nd
  • I got my email on Sunday.. stubs did you get a tracking number on the Monday?

Still waiting for mine :(
  • spudly1979
    Fingers crossed for next Thursday then!
    Canyon AM 6.0
  • stubs
    I got my email on Sunday.. stubs did you get a tracking number on the Monday?

Still waiting for mine :(

Yes got tracking number email monday number didnt work till tuesday when it showed picked up from factory at 4pm monday and it was at the UPS depot waiting for despatch it got to britain tuesday afternoon then didnt move for a bit then to manchester depot weds night and it went out for delivery thursday morning.