TDF 2011 stage 10 **Spoiler***

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I quite like Greipel. He's been working like an ox for Pip in the Tour and earlier in the season. It's nice he gets a result in a big race.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    pat1cp wrote:
    Voeckler is now officially a tool. Stealing Johnny's points on the last climb and then asking Tony Martin to come through on the descent of the last climb.

The same Johnny who wasn't even contesting the sprint for them? How is that stealing them.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    CLASS:

blah blah blah

NO Class:

blah blah blah

REALLY NO CLASS OR LIFE TO SPEAK OF

Cal_Stewart sets up cornoyemade ID and repetitively slags off his least favourite rider from anonymous safety of own sad little bedroom.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    RichN95 wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Ok am Really Really Sorry - I didnt know the Manx Missile fan club was on. Not wanting to fall out with the fanboys on here. what i should have said Cavendish should take a step back and think before he puts his size 12s in it. .....He seems to not like Greipel but have never heard Greipel slag off cavendish and they were team mates.

It was Greipel slagging off (a bit strong maybe) Cavendish that started the feud between them in the first place.

And listening to the post-stage interviews, neither of them said a bad word about the other, Cav was gracious in defeat and basically said Greipel beat him and he had no excuses. Greipel was similarly sanguine.
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Luckao wrote:
    pat1cp wrote:
    Voeckler is now officially a tool. Stealing Johnny's points on the last climb and then asking Tony Martin to come through on the descent of the last climb.

The same Johnny who wasn't even contesting the sprint for them? How is that stealing them.

The Johnny bit was a bit tounge in cheek (please excuse the pun). But asking Martin to knock his pan in, when he'd obviously gone up to the front group in a marking role was stupid.
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    If he really wrote this, i will man up and admit i am an idiot. Will you cavendishy lovers ever do the same?

Will you just do one you knob?!
    Have you ever told us why you hate Cav so much or are you just a troll?
    Hate him if he's a doper etc but I just don't get you.

Only hate you.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    You guys crack me up getting so worked up over this corney guy. Chill out and ignore him - he wants the replies. Obviously if you get a kick out of replying to him then I guess knock yourself out...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Quality finish today..

591e149adac9a2ef7f43e86ab1e90ead-getty-_.jpg

10b1be45d069071777d2b1698636508d-getty-118906975.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
  • JonGinge wrote:

Excellent. I knew when i made my original coment that Cav is a class act. He has proven it here.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    edited July 2011
    Omega pharma know how to ride a race.

Make it tough enough for Cavendish, maybe not to drop him, but a) to burn out the HTC train earlier and b) put Cavendish in the red enough to hurt his sprint.
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766

Make it tough enough for Cavendish, maybe not to drop him, but a) to burn out the HTC train earlier and b) put Cavendish in the read enough to hurt his sprint.

Is Cav reading "slaying the badger" too.??
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I was indifferent about Greipel, but having watched his interview, he came across as a really nice guy. Good win for him.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Speaking of André Greipel

Check this out from Stage 7 from him - Cranking out 1680W at the final sprint.. :shock:

http://www.srm.de/index.php/us/srm-blog ... france/650

tdf-2011-s7-greipel-5-k.png
    cartoon.jpg
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662
    The guys on Dutch ES thought Cav had won until Greipel started celebrating! :lol:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    You guys crack me up getting so worked up over this corney guy. Chill out and ignore him - he wants the replies. Obviously if you get a kick out of replying to him then I guess knock yourself out...

+1, or alternatively start a thread called "petty squabble" and leave this for those actually interested in the cycling.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    pat1cp wrote:
    But asking Martin to knock his pan in, when he'd obviously gone up to the front group in a marking role was stupid.

Maybe he believed the HTC story that Martin was there for the overall and he thought he might take the opportunity to get some time on his rivals.

Wouldn't Grabsch have been a more useful rider to take than Martin if it was going to be all about Cav - saving Martin for the Vuelta?
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590

Make it tough enough for Cavendish, maybe not to drop him, but a) to burn out the HTC train earlier and b) put Cavendish in the red enough to hurt his sprint.

True but Cav has proved before he doesn't need the train to win every stage. No doubt teams will try that tactic but I think the most fault here was with Cav. He had one rider in front at the corner and effectively led Griepel out for the win. Not sure he could have done anything else. Not like Griepel etc are going to follow any other wheels than cav's in that instance but maybe the tactic OPL used today (luck or otherwise) might be difficult to reproduce.

Cav being so close to the front before launching the sprint always looked slightly uneasy for him to pull off.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    What happened to Renshaw and Goss?

Find it hard to beleive Goss was burnt out from chasing Gilbert. Very likely Renshaw never made it over the hill?
  • bazbadger
    bazbadger Posts: 553
    The points competition this year has been a bit more open so far. Good thing!

Be quite something if it came down to the wire in Paris.
    Mens agitat molem
  • rick_chasey

True but Cav has proved before he doesn't need the train to win every stage. No doubt teams will try that tactic but I think the most fault here was with Cav. He had one rider in front at the corner and effectively led Griepel out for the win. Not sure he could have done anything else. Not like Griepel etc are going to follow any other wheels than cav's in that instance but maybe the tactic OPL used today (luck or otherwise) might be difficult to reproduce.

Cav being so close to the front before launching the sprint always looked slightly uneasy for him to pull off.

I recon had that little hill not been there, even with exactly the same leadout and positioning, Cavendish would have won. The effort to stay with the group over the climb would have put a dampener on his spirnt, probably more than it hurt Greipel.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    rebs wrote:
    What happened to Renshaw and Goss?

Find it hard to beleive Goss was burnt out from chasing Gilbert. Very likely Renshaw never made it over the hill?

I read somewhere that Goss was sick yesterday, Renshaw just dropped due to the high pace on the climb I guess.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • inkyfingers
    I think it says it all that despite Greipel's win yesterday, pretty much everyone has gone for Cav on PTP for today (even Iain)!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    I think it says it all that despite Greipel's win yesterday, pretty much everyone has gone for Cav on PTP for today (even Iain)!

Cav will be there or there abouts, especially if he's going for green.

Greipel will be a bit more all or nothing, which is a non-starter for PTP.
  • iainf72

I find it odd how whenever someone else wins a sprint, most of the thread is about why Cavendish didn't win. Isn't it more interesting when a few people could win?

Thank gawd the dull flat stages are nearly finished.
  • rick_chasey
    iainf72 wrote:

I find it odd how whenever someone else wins a sprint, most of the thread is about why Cavendish didn't win. Isn't it more interesting when a few people could win?

Do you really find it odd?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 wrote:

I do.

Mind you, not as odd as Wiggins on twitter last night talking about how gracious Cavendish was in losing. That's like congratulating someone for not beating their wife or looking after their kids - it shouldn't deserve praise.
  • inkyfingers
    Oh Iain, stop being a whinging git and just admit that you've enjoyed the TdF so far :wink:
  • TMR
    iainf72 wrote:

Thank gawd the dull flat stages are nearly finished.

Why is it odd? Greipel didn't so much win the stage, as Mark lost it. We all know Mark is the fastest sprinter in the World. He lost it because he made a mistake.

I think most forumites are happy for Greipel though.

I can't see Cav losing today - barring mechanicals etc.
  • TMR
    iainf72 wrote:
    Mind you, not as odd as Wiggins on twitter last night talking about how gracious Cavendish was in losing. That's like congratulating someone for not beating their wife or looking after their kids - it shouldn't deserve praise.

Funny :)

You're right of course, but you know how boys can be when egos get involved!
  • rick_chasey
    iainf72 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

I do.

C'mon, the guy has won some ridiculously high percentage of bunch sprints he's competed in, especially in the Tour. He's the man to beat.

He's the default bunch sprint winner.