• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    QS lucky to have Martin. Big talent.

EBH to Saxo would be interesting.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    iainf72 wrote:
    The EBH to Saxo thing has popped up again today.

He and his agent have denied it so it must be true.

After the season he has had with Sky surely he should think again?

He's still under contract, so in theory he's not going anyway.

[makes Sky / Contract joke under breath, waits for RichN95 to appear]
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    iainf72 wrote:

Hello.

Do I make a fuss about this sort of thing then? I know I do just see contracts as a starting point for negotiations (comes from following football).

Transfer fees might have helped Captain Bob keep HTC going.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    RichN95 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Hello.

Do I make a fuss about this sort of thing then? I know I do just see contracts as a starting point for negotiations (comes from following football).

Transfer fees might have helped Captain Bob keep HTC going.

Being pretty naive here, but as in football, where a player signs a 3 year contract, and its basically not worth the paper its written on and they sod off year later, is this possible in the world of cycling?
  • RichN95.

Being pretty naive here, but as in football, where a player signs a 3 year contract, and its basically not worth the paper its written on and they sod off year later, is this possible in the world of cycling?

It's possible, but it's just not the culture of the sport.
  • LeicesterLad
    RichN95 wrote:

It's possible, but it's just not the culture of the sport.

And thats why i like pro cycling!
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    It's not a culture thing. Its just that their isn't as much money floating around cycling as their is in football.

It's not that uncommon.... everyone has their price.....
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    Tusher wrote:
    Hopefully Sky are doing everything they can to keep him though.

There getting away from Cav :oops:
  • RichN95.
    rebs wrote:
    It's not a culture thing. Its just that their isn't as much money floating around cycling as their is in football.

There's clearly not as much money, but in football, there are still transfers in the Conference and the lower Scottish Divisions where the annual budgets are probably a lot less.

Recently, Sean Kelly was bemoaning the fact that his small team develop riders and get nothing for it when they move up a grade.
  • frenchfighter
    Best place for GreenEdge fact and rumour. I dont like this team idea.

http://www.cyclingtipsblog.com/2011/08/ ... ws-thread/
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.

They seem to have failed the 'New Team Vehicle Test'. That's the worst team bus since Agritubel*. No Sky mood lighting or Leopard mobile restaurant for these boys.

I suppose that's what happens when your team is backed by a glorified Dirk Hofman.

*See this great spoof of the Sky Bus articles: http://lefthandcrank.wordpress.com/2010 ... tubel-bus/
  • Ron Stuart
    RichN95 wrote:

They seem to have failed the 'New Team Vehicle Test'. That's the worst team bus since Agritubel*. No Sky mood lighting or Leopard mobile restaurant for these boys.

I suppose that's what happens when your team is backed by a glorified Dirk Hofman.

*See this great spoof of the Sky Bus articles: http://lefthandcrank.wordpress.com/2010 ... tubel-bus/

Never mind at least Green Edge can sell some ice creams while the lads are racing, lime flavour of course :lol:
  • TRbike
    TRbike Posts: 27
    Gilbert to BMC 3year deal confirmed
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Koldo Ferandez to Garmin-Cervelo.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    iainf72 wrote:
    Pinotti to BMC

Happy he's got a contract. Ace rider.

Strava is not Zen.
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    Is EVERYONE going to BMC? Cav to BMC?
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • Ron Stuart
    patchy wrote:

I had a BMC once, worst car I ever owned :shock:
  • LeicesterLad
    BMC is going to be a nightmare team to run. With Cadel already saying he doesn't want Thor in the Tour, which will be sad, seeing as Thor was a shining light in this years tour and 10 times more exciting to watch than Cadel. How many Classics men do one team want, who's going to be working for who? Being a manager on BMC has got to be one of the worst jobs in the world.
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    BMC is going to be a nightmare team to run. With Cadel already saying he doesn't want Thor in the Tour, which will be sad, seeing as Thor was a shining light in this years tour and 10 times more exciting to watch than Cadel. How many Classics men do one team want, who's going to be working for who? Being a manager on BMC has got to be one of the worst jobs in the world.

@CadelOfficial
    Cadel Evans Checking the news..... I so want Thor #godofthunder on our Tour team next year.... Why do people say otherwise?
  • LeicesterLad
    pat1cp wrote:

@CadelOfficial
    Cadel Evans Checking the news..... I so want Thor #godofthunder on our Tour team next year.... Why do people say otherwise?

I was basing that on Inner Ring, Apparently happy to have him on the team, but not in the tour?!? Maybe i read it wrong!
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    patchy wrote:
    No he's going to Androni Giocattoli :D:D
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Tusher wrote:
    Hopefully Sky are doing everything they can to keep him though.
    I was talking to someone the other day who reckons EBH won't stay at Sky if Cavendish joins.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Rast to Leopard

Richie Porte to Sky which they hoped for last year, you would've throught you'd re-evaluate based on this years peformances. Unless they want another CLM guy.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:
    Rast to Leopard

Richie Porte to Sky which they hoped for last year, you would've throught you'd re-evaluate based on this years peformances. Unless they want another CLM guy.

CLM?

Career limiting move?
  • samb01
    samb01 Posts: 130
    iainf72 wrote:
    Probably an agreement reached last year, no? But yeah, if they agreed on the money last year as well he is almost certainly being grossly overpaid.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Has Porte actually had a chance to ride for himself at all this year?

Always tough to judge climbing domestiques on Riis teams. At the very least though he's a world class time trialist .
  • LeicesterLad
    Porte had a tough year, and not always been allowed to race for himself. To be honest, judging by 2010

10th Overall, Tour de Romandie
    1st Stage 3 ITT
    4th Overall Tour of Britain
    4th Overall Eneco Tour
    4th UCI Road World Championships Time Trial
    7th Overall Giro d'Italia
    1st Young Rider Jersey
    Held Jersey held from Stage 11-13
    10th Clásica de San Sebastián

even if he has had a bad year, he is only 26 (ish, i think) and has plenty more left in the tank.
  • frenchfighter
    iainf72 wrote:
    Rast to Leopard

CLM?

Career limiting move?

Contre la montre (Fr: against the clock). TT rider.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:
    Rast to Leopard

CLM?

Career limiting move?

Contre la montre (Fr: against the clock). TT rider.
    :oops: spot the headhunter.