2012 Transfers - Fact and Rumour

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    msw wrote:
    barney96 wrote:
    Thor Hushovd to BMC.... official

Does that kind of put the mockers on Gilbert going there, do we think? After all, Hushovd says he "just wants to win Paris Roubaix" and Gilbert wants to win "all the classics"... are they a bit too similar to flourish in the same team?

Probably not. Gilbert and Hushovd are very good friends and training partners. I'm sure they'd work something out.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    I'm never sure if BMC are perfectly balanced or plain lucky ... Cadelseemed to win the TdF all on his own, but obv. That couldn't have been true so was the rest of the team 'just' good enough to get him to the line (the TTT being a good example) ... Less talent, less ego, more focus ...

Thor always has a spot in my heart for handing Cav his arse for being snidey about the green jersey win ... But I can't see him repeating the last 3 years, even for one event ...
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493

Thor always has a spot in my heart for handing Cav his ars* for being snidey about the green jersey win ... But I can't see him repeating the last 3 years, even for one event ...

paging cornoye-mad to the thread.....
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I wonder what HTC female team members will do.

Another for BMC.
    tumblr_lltos8SxWW1qa3ggpo1_500.jpg

Merci pour les infos Echo.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Looks like this years Paris-Roubaix really stuck in Thor's throat..

Very surprised about Degenkolb and Martin to Skil...
  • SLX01
    SLX01 Posts: 338
    I'm never sure if BMC are perfectly balanced or plain lucky ... Cadelseemed to win the TdF all on his own, but obv. That couldn't have been true so was the rest of the team 'just' good enough to get him to the line (the TTT being a good example) ... Less talent, less ego, more focus ...

The team was there to win the Tour that was the aim, not to get on TV in breakways, get stage wins, jerseys or anything else which was why they just worked away in the background putting in the effort where needed.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Looks like Cav will have to do without Prince Harry next year:
    http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/wiele ... ielersport

They're apparently already offering him a TdF spot. Is he really so much faster than Bos?

Also, was equipe a bit premature on Degenkolb and Martin to Skil? Apparently still also negotiating with Leopard and Saxobank:
    http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/wiele ... ielersport
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Weening to Green Edge
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Gilbert never rides Roubaix?
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,171
    Gilbert never rides Roubaix?

I think he said it is too dangerous considering you are more likely to crash there and wipe out the rest of spring, but that he will aim for it later in his career...
    Mañana
  • FJS
    Gilbert has done Paris-Roubaix with Fraincaise des Jeux.

He has said this year he'd rather win a second Liege-Bastogne-Liege than a first Ronde van Vlaanderen. And that is considering De Ronde is probably pretty high up his wish list. Paris-Roubaix won't be a priority for some time.
  • RichN95.
    Rasmussen has joined Garmin.

No, no, not that one. The other Rasmussen - Alex.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Anyone know what Lotto looks like at the moment? It's about the only team that's not shouting from the rooftops about it's roster.

Or do we assume that this is where a lot of the current OmPh-Lo riders are going due to contractual link with BCC?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • FJS
    Anyone know what Lotto looks like at the moment? It's about the only team that's not shouting from the rooftops about it's roster.

Or do we assume that this is where a lot of the current OmPh-Lo riders are going due to contractual link with BCC?
    Lots of rumours. Apparently they want to concentrate more on building a Belgian team, with an additional RaboConti-style young rider feeder-team. Apparently Van den Broeck and Vanendert were going to stay with them. But apparently there is some confusion on whether BCC, and the worldtour licence, is connected to the Lotto part or OmegaPharma part (and would thus have most Lotto riders effectively under contract with Lefevre next year). Apparently Lars Bak is rumoured to be heading Lotto's way.
  • Ben Hermans (Radio Shack) to Leopard-Trek (official)

Luca Paolini (Katusha) to Movistar (to be confirmed)

Rojas renews with Movistar (substantial raise)

HTC directeur sportif Piva finds shelter at Katusha.
  • From Eurosport France: Gilbert to BMC, Lefevere will not stand in the way.

Crazy rumour seen on a couple of French forums: last minute bid by Marc Madiot to lure Eisel away from his Cav'n'Sky destiny. Apparently a case of "aren't you wasting your career right now? Do you remember how happy we were together? Come back to me and you'll win Roubaix."
    Good luck Marc.

(As a matter of fact, Eisel almost signed back to FDJ a couple of years ago.

But then that was a couple of years ago.)
  • Renshaw to Rabo
  • iainf72
    Allen Peiper a new DS at Garmin
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Evans seems less than impressed with the signing of Thor H. Think BMC need some more climbers to neutralise the schleks.
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Evans seems less than impressed with the signing of Thor H. Think BMC need some more climbers to neutralise the schleks.

The Schleks did a first class Job of neutralising themselves in this years TDF me thinks :lol: or (he's behind you, yeh but not to far I hope, better slow down let bruv catch up) :oops:
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    iainf72 wrote:

Very pleased for him, although I thought he would be snapped up by GreenEdge. Wonder where Rolf Aldag and Brian Holm will end up- did Holm say something about spending more time at home with his family?
  • Tusher wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Very pleased for him, although I thought he would be snapped up by GreenEdge. Wonder where Rolf Aldag and Brian Holm will end up- did Holm say something about spending more time at home with his family?

I think that's a real piece of shrewd business by Garmin.
    He'll give them a bit more of a steely edge,something I think JV doesn't !
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Ron Stuart wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

The Schleks did a first class Job of neutralising themselves in this years TDF me thinks :lol: or (he's behind you, yeh but not to far I hope, better slow down let bruv catch up) :oops:

The schlek's aren't mensa alumini for sure..but even in 2008 Evans was left to chase on Alpe D'huez when just one more climber on his team could have contained Sastre..depends on the tactics..Evans did it this year pretty much alone
  • iainf72
    Luke Rowe to Sky (maybe)
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:
    Luke Rowe to Sky (maybe)

A friend of mine who knows his dad said he had signed a couple of months ago. But seeing as Brailsford said that they nearly signed him for this year, that's hardly the greatest scoop in the world.

(His dad was in my office a few weeks ago, I should have asked him)
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_lpxhgp9mX21qacyk6o1_500.png
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    20110813ispa_14_600.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Not sure how true this is.
    @mrendell: Sky are letting go 11 riders: a cull, not a reshuffle!
    cartoon.jpg
  • iainf72
    11 sounds about right to me.

Henderson has said he's off, Pawels is going (BMC), Downing not being renewed, nor Hunt, Knees had a short deal.
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Doobz wrote:
    Not sure how true this is.
    @mrendell: Sky are letting go 11 riders: a cull, not a reshuffle!

Depends what Sky want to do ... I'll assume Cav is signed with one or 2 buddies and Brad has shown some form this year as has GT and EBH, and I think Swift is worth hanging onto for the future ... Possiblly Kennaugh ...

The rest, especially Flecha, are just making up the numbers and can be replaced easily enough ... Pretending they have a classics campaign is a complete joke ...

Once Cav is installed they might as well only race 6 weeks (and one day) of the year (May/July/Worlds) ... There won't be room for any other focus ...