TdSuisse *SPOILER*

Comments

• Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Why moan about Andy if you're not watching then?.......Canc rolled in a few minutes down too after doing a load of work on the front.

Plenty of Andy bashing going on at the minute, but he's done a load of work throughout the race for the team, and has also taken the mountains jersey.......
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    *gasp* Was that lay-oh-pard taking advantage of a mechanical? Shocked
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Tom BB wrote:
    Why moan about Andy if you're not watching then?.......Canc rolled in a few minutes down too after doing a load of work on the front.

Plenty of Andy bashing going on at the minute, but he's done a load of work throughout the race for the team, and has also taken the mountains jersey.......

Am I moaning. No. I just saw him in no mans land then starting to wave wildly when G2 came past. Afx explained why and that makes sense. Move along Tom.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    JonGinge wrote:

How did the split form?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    JonGinge wrote:

Did he have a mechanical or did he just miss the split?
  • jonginge
    afx237vi wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

Did he have a mechanical or did he just miss the split?
    Was just joking. Not sure actually as I was having trouble with streams at that point. The cyclingnews ticker said mollema had a mechanical
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Am I moaning. Move along Tom.

Yes and No. :D
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    MarkCavendish: Stupid comment of the year goes to Andre Greipel. To me: "why the fuck you drop the wheel in front on the climb?" #nowweknowwhostartstheshit

https://twitter.com/markcavendish/statu ... 5171860481
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    MarkCavendish: Stupid comment of the year goes to Andre Greipel. To me: "why the fark you drop the wheel in front on the climb?" #nowweknowwhostartstheshit

https://twitter.com/markcavendish/statu ... 5171860481

One of the disappointing things of this season so far is we are still yet to see the Cav/Greipel showdown. Personally, I think it will be a little one sided - but I still want to see it.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Did Boonen do much? I totally missed the stage.
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642

He got dropped on a tougher than expected cat 3 about 25km from the finish - along with most of the peloton including Cav and Greipel. Greipel blamed the split on Cav losing someone's wheel on the climb.

Good showing by Swift in third, but went a little early and Sagan mullered everyone again.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

He got dropped on a tougher than expected cat 3 about 25km from the finish - along with most of the peloton including Cav and Greipel. Greipel blamed the split on Cav losing someone's wheel on the climb.

Good showing by Swift in third, but went a little early and Sagan mullered everyone again.
    Cheers. A little disappointing. He's looking for some good form for the Belgian champs.
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    JonGinge wrote:

Seems like you were right.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/raboban ... rtsmanlike
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Those 9 seconds from that 'stupid' attack on the lead group sure came in handy ...
  • StefanP
    StefanP Posts: 429
    Ok, so someone who made no impression in the tour at all won. ok. :x
  • frenchfighter
    That is disappointing.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    There is no justice - A wheel hanger who just sits on,rides in shadows and wins the overall.
    Riders like him will kill cycling as a spectator sport. Thank god we have guys like Gilbert,Sagan,etc who knows what the word RACE means.
  • frenchfighter
    Stage 8 results
    1 2 Fabian CANCELLARA Team Leopard-Trek 00:41:01.170
    2 34 Andreas KLÖDEN Team RadioShack 00:00:09
    3 31 Levi LEIPHEIMER Team RadioShack 00:00:13
    4 37 Nelson OLIVEIRA Team RadioShack 00:00:25
    5 83 Tom DANIELSON Team Garmin - Cervelo 00:00:38
    6 25 Gustav LARSSON Saxo Bank SunGard 00:00:41
    7 3 Jakob FUGLSANG Team Leopard-Trek 00:00:44
    8 173 Thomas DE GENDT Vacansoleil - DCM Procycling Team 00:00:48
    9 104 Chris FROOME Sky Procycling 00:01:02
    10 88 Christian VANDEVELDE Team Garmin - Cervelo 00:01:04

General classification after Stage 8
    1 31 Levi LEIPHEIMER Team RadioShack 31:45:02
    2 51 Damiano CUNEGO Lampre - ISD 00:00:04
    3 73 Steven KRUIJSWIJK Rabobank Cycling Team 00:01:02
    4 3 Jakob FUGLSANG Team Leopard-Trek 00:01:10
    5 74 Bauke MOLLEMA Rabobank Cycling Team 00:02:05
    6 65 Mathias FRANK BMC Racing Team 00:02:24
    7 1 Frank SCHLECK Team Leopard-Trek 00:02:35
    8 76 Laurens TEN DAM Rabobank Cycling Team 00:03:11
    9 83 Tom DANIELSON Team Garmin - Cervelo 00:03:17
    10 5 Maxime MONFORT Team Leopard-Trek 00:04:12
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    csp wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

Seems like you were right.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/raboban ... rtsmanlike

Cor Vos
    CORVOS_00017479-027.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    There is no justice - A wheel hanger who just sits on,rides in shadows and wins the overall.
    Riders like him will kill cycling as a spectator sport. Thank god we have guys like Gilbert,Sagan,etc who knows what the word RACE means.

Seems like LL played the Wiggins gambit ... and won ...

Still, it was good enough for Big Mig to win 5 in years gone by ...
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364

You didn't see his attack into Liege (I think it was?) then, which he gifted to Bruyneel of all people. Rode off the front of the peloton with 50K to go like a true champion!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,559
    Gazzetta67 wrote:

Seems like LL played the Wiggins gambit ... and won ...

The difference with Wiggins' Dauphine was that Wiggins lead the race, he was there to be attacked.

I don't generally get frothing at the mouth about "wheelsuckers" though. They're just riders that play to their strengths. It might not be the most exciting racing but it's entirely legitimate. Everyone knew Leipheimer would put time into Cunego on the TT, it was up to Cunego to make sure he had enough buffer. He didn't.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • frenchfighter
    Leopard better watch out come the TdF!

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/8794/ ... cture.aspx
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    Gutted. Would've liked Cunego to hang on for the win :(
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Gazzetta67 wrote:

That's stage racing for you, I'm afraid. The overall is a more calculated effort than wins on individual days. Would have been more exciting today if the TV graphics and commentators were able to give the viewers a better idea of Cunego's dwindling margin during this stage. Could have been as exciting to watch as Casagrande's collapse in the final TT of the 2000 Giro.

4 seconds. I bet Cunego is thinking about every moment during today where he could have pushed a bit harder, taken a corner a bit faster. For Leipheimer it will be satisfying to know that every moment of effort on the course today was crucial.
  • jonginge
    Gazzetta67 wrote:

That's stage racing for you, I'm afraid. The overall is a more calculated effort than wins on individual days. Would have been more exciting today if the TV graphics and commentators were able to give the viewers a better idea of Cunego's dwindling margin during this stage. Could have been as exciting to watch as Casagrande's collapse in the final TT of the 2000 Giro.

4 seconds. I bet Cunego is thinking about every moment during today where he could have pushed a bit harder, taken a corner a bit faster. For Leipheimer it will be satisfying to know that every moment of effort he did today was crucial.
    Wonder how much time he lost when he had to sit up on the final descent of stage 3 when he caught the 'safety car'. Sagan made up several seconds at that point...
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,462

You didn't see his attack into Liege (I think it was?) then, which he gifted to Bruyneel of all people. Rode off the front of the peloton with 50K to go like a true champion!

Your memory hasn't served you well, Indurain's attack came with 22 kms to go. It was still impressive, but very out of character.
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    Felt a bit sorry for Cunego, but glad it was a really exciting finish to the race. The Eurosport commentators seemed to think Cunego had already done enough before today and just needed to turn up today to win overall. They kept saying that only a mechanical failure would stop him keeping the yellow jersey, but that was clearly not the case.