Critérium du Dauphiné - SPOILER

Comments

• Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    who needs a tape measure when you have Google?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/cy/profil ... 09613.html

LoL ok he`s 5`11" then. ...Doesnt get away from the fact it was a tall Sky rider on the front of the bunch and he called him Tony Martin !! :shock:
  • I'm in complete agreement, kirby is an a**hat

if he ends a sentence with "and why not" one more time I may have to actually go and ride my own bike :|
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    I'm in complete agreement, kirby is an a**hat

if he ends a sentence with "and why not" one more time I may have to actually go and ride my own bike :|

"we'll see".
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001

Whooaa steady on there fella........you dont want to be in the Pro Race section and talk about actually riding! :D

Glad I'm not listening to Kirby tbh......anything interesting happening?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Tom BB wrote:

Whooaa steady on there fella........you dont want to be in the Pro Race section and talk about actually riding! :D

Well, so far you've missed...

No.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    who needs a tape measure when you have Google?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/cy/profil ... 09613.html

LoL ok he`s 5`11" then. ...Doesnt get away from the fact it was a tall Sky rider on the front of the bunch and he called him Tony Martin !! :shock:

1.85 is well over 6' - Tony Martin is a tall rider too. But no, not a tall Sky rider ;)
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Tom BB wrote:

Not unless he's a pro racer, he doesn't.

Garmin train does all the work and now the rest fight it out.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • afx237vi
    "Christian Knees the German champion, bedded in there".

Yeah, that was Martin :lol:
  • afx237vi
    Degenkolb wins, EBH 2nd.
  • Allez Mark
    Allez Mark Posts: 364

Im not watching at the moment. How many times has he said "incidentally"?
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Farrar completely outsprinted - now sprinters with the Dauphine effect as well???
  • blazing_saddles
    Degenkolb double! Does EBH for speed.
    Farrar 6th is a big disappointment.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,584
    It took Kirby almost 2 minutes to state the name of the winner. He didn't have a clue.

"well what do you make of that"
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    FJS wrote:
    Farrar completely outsprinted - now sprinters with the Dauphine effect as well???

I think it's more the 'My best mate died last month' effect.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Kirby Jizzes again with DegenGlob.... and then he calls the race a "rally"
    www.dotcycling.com
  • Gazzetta67
    Kirby calls cycling shoes "Boots" What about that then !!!!! 8)
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Is it a case of: BRING BACK DAVID DUFFIELD? :lol:
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • andyxm
    andyxm Posts: 132
    Can we start a petition to get rid of him - he ruins the cycling for me, he's like an unfunny Alan Partridge
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    On his website is an email address to ppl can hire him. What say we all chip in and pay him not to commentate on the cycling?
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,584
    He even pisses off the motorsports boys

http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85131
    Earlier today Carlton Kirby, the worlds worst commentator, was on both Eurosport channels and Motors at the same time!!! So I decided to watch some karting I had recorded on Sky+ and lo and behold he was commentating on that. He interrupts his usual unintelligeble babble with massively glaring errors. Just as an example, during the warm-up lap of a kart race the CoC made them go single file through a few corners. Carlton reliably informs us they will be taking the start in single file. But lo and behold two corners from the start they form up side by side as usual. Then the start gets aborted and Carlton tells us the leaders have aborted the start... umm no that would be the CoC who has done that. Then on the first racing lap a couple of karts spin across the grass and drop down the field and he tells us they may be penalised for taking a short cut...

When will the powers that be realise this man is so inept? He just does not have a clue, witters away to himself but knows nothing about what he is talking about. Today on Eurosport I would have watched the North West 200, the stunt bike riding and on Motors the Le Mans wrap up, but Carltons ineptness forced me to switch. I am watching the karting on mute now.

Please someone get rid of him - in the NW 200 he was reading from a script quite obviously and in the 125 race he told us about Robert Dunlops actions about 5 seconds before they happened and ruined the end of the race for viewers.

Even that idiot James Allen cant out mis-quote Carlton, and thus would be better.
  • Just watched the highlights, it looked like a fairly dull stage for the most part.

Dagenkol is a very scary sprinter! He was just stamping on the pedals, pure power.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,207
    People took the Mick out of Sky's leadout train last season but it was world class compared to Garmin trying to control the race today. That was the riding equivalent of a Kirby commentary!
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    Today was all about timing. EBH went a shade too early not under pressure as no one had made the jump. Had too long to hold on imo
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642
    Today was all about timing. EBH went a shade too early not under pressure as no one had made the jump. Had too long to hold on imo

EBH did go early, but think he had to - he was in the wind and hesitating would have cost him too much speed and he'd have been jumped.

A little unlucky, but Degenkolb was stronger anyway I reckon - he was way back, got pushed wide into still air and still powered through.

Snooze-fest of a stage, but that lad Degenkolb looks good.
  • Gazzetta67
    Anyone in need of a Laugh before bedtime visit carltonkirby.com

" Easy Going manner"
    "Incisive Commentary"
    " An Audience Favourite"
    "Great Depth of Knowledge"

And the best of the Lot "Sharpest of Reactions" for anyone who witnessed the first 30 seconds of today`s commentary.

Do you think he penned this stuff on his own ? :D
  • Degenkolb looked f**king immense earlier, he started sprinting from WAY back, his power is crazy, he'll be an outstanding classics rider, he's just so powerful
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,207
    I don't think EBH went particularly early it was just that the final km was a complete mess. Despite Garmin chasing down the break they failed to put an organised lead out together and Moviestar didn't do anything either. G was leading EBH out in a good position but everyone in front suddenly slowed right up leaving G in front early. I think it was Dean that then went leaving EBH to start his sprint. It wouldn't have been like that if HTC had there normal sprint train there, they would have hit the front 30km out and stayed there until the sprinters went for it. Very impressed with Degenkolb though, not sure if he has the pure sprint speed of Petacchi or Cav but very powerful as he demonstrated to win that uphill sprint the other day as he looks quite a big lump!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Wiggins looks in super form physically.

Check out his arms here:
    http://www.grassyknolltv.com/2011/crite ... _9361b.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • It's looking to be a good week's viewing after that superb last 30 KM or so on Tuesday followed by Wiggo's excellent showing in the time trial.
  • blazing_saddles
    The good news is that we won't have to listen to Kirby for long, today.
    The bad news is that they are blasting along the course, way, way ahead of the fastest predicted schedule.