Critérium du Dauphiné - SPOILER

Comments

• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Second for Wiggins....
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Who is this Guy NICO ROAASSHH Kirby keeps going on about ? Might be a future star cant find anything about him on wikileeks 8)
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Cracking ride Wiggo outstanding.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    French telly saying Wiggins seems angry according to inner ring on twitter
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    Good day for sky
  • Gazzetta67
    NapoleonD wrote:

You had a reply from Eurosport yet Nap ? E.mailed them telling them we have a fitting replacement here for Colemanballs Kirby.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    From le tour feed:

"Bradley Wiggins has the best second intermediate time check at km 27.5, meaning that he has climbed very fast. He is actually in the same second as Tony Martin, both with 39.29. But Wiggins has now to ride on a wet descent, where Martin rode on the dry."

Bodes well for the coming stages perhaps, maybe he's angry at the wet descent but that's just the sport of professional cycling for you...
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Cogidubnus wrote:
    Good day for sky
    Indeed, very good.
  • Anonymous
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

You had a reply from Eurosport yet Nap ? E.mailed them telling them we have a fitting replacement here for Colemanballs Kirby.

Not yet, they are mulling it over. Apparently they would have to pay me whereas the only way Kirby stays on there is he pays them. Apparently.
  • andyjr
    andyjr Posts: 635
    I like the fact that he is angry as it show's some passion & desire to do well which I haven't seen recently
  • gattocattivo
    gattocattivo Posts: 500
    Thomas up to 6th as well
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Wiggins playing it safe..................again.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    Wiggins playing it safe..................again.
    how so? on the descent?
  • gattocattivo
    gattocattivo Posts: 500
    Wiggins is in yellow AND green
  • Anonymous
    Yeah, I'd've attacked on that descent and risked a broken collar bone for an extra 20 seconds 3 weeks before the tour too...
  • Anonymous
    Has anyone here seen Best in Show?

CK is like the commentator at the final dog show. Albeit not funny.
  • Gazzetta67
    Cant see him staying with Braijkovic in the high summits - would be good if he could finish in the top 3 overall.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Imagine in the Tour. You better be able to TT or you will get rolled over.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inkyfingers
    I still think Evans will win this, Wiggins may be able to stay on the podium if he takes it seriously and has the form he seems to have. A podium would be a good result for Wiggins, and would give team GB some much needed World Tour points.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Wiggins to win Dauphine. We've waited 21 years since gotheteeshirt2 took the Dauphine title. Hope Wiggo does it. Vino's good at surprises but today is indicative of what to expect in July. Evans vs Schlek, Wiggo outsider
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Wiggins won't win the Dauphine.
    No risks policy means he won't go near the red until mid-July.
    Same as playing today's descent safe.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    I Think Brad on form can climb better than Cuddles but we shall have to see
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Wiggins won't win the Dauphine.
    No risks policy means he won't go near the red until mid-July.
    Same as playing today's descent safe.

Is that an actual policy?

He's gone closer to the red in the last 3 days than just about anyone else in the race.
  • inkyfingers
    Cogidubnus wrote:

As much as I want to see Wiggins do well, I just don't think that's correct. Can you seriously imagine Wiggins holding Basso's wheel most of the way up the Zoncolan or winning Fleche Wallone?
  • Gazzetta67
    Braijkovic will probably be up there along with Evans - Wiggins and Vino to fight it out for 3rd spot.
  • Gazzetta67
    Cogidubnus wrote:

As much as I want to see Wiggins do well, I just don't think that's correct. Can you seriously imagine Wiggins holding Basso's wheel most of the way up the Zoncolan or winning Fleche Wallone?

Boasen Hagen finished ahead of Wiggins on day 1 on the last climb - Some on here have got wiggins winning this race and the tour already a bit like the same folk who think England will win the World Cup every time it comes round only to go T*ts up. Lets see how he handles the big climbs and the attacks that are going to come from Astana,Radioshack & BMC only then we can make some sort of predictions.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Boasen Hagen finished ahead of Wiggins on day 1 on the last climb - Some on here have got wiggins winning this race and the tour already a bit like the same folk who think England will win the World Cup every time it comes round only to go T*ts up. Lets see how he handles the big climbs and the attacks that are going to come from Astana,Radioshack & BMC only then we can make some sort of predictions.

And all the other contenders lost time to Wiggins on the tiny uphill finish yesterday.

On stage 1 Wiggins (and Brajkovic) got distanced by a few bike lengths during the final kick, it had nothing to do with the climb.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Cogidubnus
    Nice avatar

----

Wiggins did very well in Paris Nice. He is doing much better than last year by all accounts.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Allez Mark
    Allez Mark Posts: 364
    RE: Kirby

Incidentally. Has anyone noticed how many times he says incidentally.

Now that I've noticed it. It's really starting to get on my t*ts, incidentally.
  • inkyfingers
    Cogidubnus

Wiggins did very well in Paris Nice. He is doing much better than last year by all accounts.

Agreed. I gave him some stick earlier in the year but he's actually been in the think of it in some decent races this year and has racked up some very good placings in TT's as well as his win at Bayern.

I wonder if he'll have a serious crack at the National Championships?