Excellent riding !!!
  • andyjr
    andyjr Posts: 635
    The elastic between brad and the others is starting to stretch
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    andyjr wrote:
    The elastic between brad and the others is starting to stretch

Doesn't matter really. Vino's the only threat, and he's right next to him.
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Good stuff by Brad.....not convinced his climbing will be good enough for the Tour though.....

PTP nightmare for me....had Evans for today and overall :(
  • andyjr
    andyjr Posts: 635
    Good win for J-rod there
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Tom BB wrote:
    PTP nightmare for me....had Evans for today and overall :(

I've had a great PTP day (J Rod & Wiggins). I just thought you'd like to know that.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Well, J Rod was always the man in form, as opposed to those looking to come into form.
    In that respect, a good return for Bobby Gesink.
    JvDB and he will be strongly contesting the Tour undercard.

Wiggins looking to be getting well along to his 2009 form.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Really pleased for Joaquim. He deserves a win for all his attacks of late.

Wiggins riding well, good to see. Will be a good battle at the Tour.

Interesting to note that younger Schleck never faces off much with other top GC riders.....
    On occasions he does he does poorly and so he is training.....
    Then he can hold Alberto in the Tour..........

Big seller of Andy right here.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Real tough stage today.
    PROFIL.gif
    PROFILKMS.jpg

Tomorrow:
    PROFIL.gif
    Contador is the Greatest
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    wiggins performance this week will be worth 104 raking points if he wins overall without finishing in the top 5 tomorrow. that should move him into the top 15 riders and gb further into the top 10 countries. just need cavendish to start winning some races and we'll have a full team at the worlds

http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/getObject.asp?MenuId=&ObjTypeCode=FILE&type=FILE&id=NDk5MDY&LangId=1
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • RichN95.
    gsk82 wrote:
    wiggins performance this week will be worth 104 raking points if he wins overall without finishing in the top 5 tomorrow. that should move him into the top 15 riders and gb further into the top 10 countries. just need cavendish to start winning some races and we'll have a full team at the worlds

http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/getObject.asp?MenuId=&ObjTypeCode=FILE&type=FILE&id=NDk5MDY&LangId=1

I think it's basically GB, Switzerland, Luxembourg and USA going for the last three places in the top ten (assuming Vino doesn't have an incredible Tour). I'd fancy Switzerland to miss out. They need to place highly in their home Tour.

(The top ten only guarantees six riders at the Worlds. To get, 7,8 or 9, we need to have 7,8 or 9 riders with ranking points - currently we have five. Hopefully, Dowsett and Blythe can sneak a point somewhere)
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Shorter stage tomorrow.

Do you think anyone will fancy their chances of pulling back the time on GC or save their energy for the Tour?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    That was really exciting :)
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    Great pull from EBH on the final climb. I certainly didn't expect him to be the last man left with Bradley. More concerning were the performances of Geraint Thomas and Uran.

It would be nice to see Wiggins hold on for the win, but he certainly isn't riding like a top 5 guy in the Tour de France. If there is more to come from him then he could be great in July. There surely will be more to come from Evans, Basso, Gesink, etc.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    I'd rather be where Wiggins is than any of the others.

If he was pootling round like Basso etc he would be getting all sorts of abuse on here. He's winning and increased his lead today.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    squired wrote:
    Great pull from EBH on the final climb. I certainly didn't expect him to be the last man left with Bradley. More concerning were the performances of Geraint Thomas and Uran.

It would be nice to see Wiggins hold on for the win, but he certainly isn't riding like a top 5 guy in the Tour de France. If there is more to come from him then he could be great in July. There surely will be more to come from Evans, Basso, Gesink, etc.

he's riding better than evans, basso, gessink etc so if he isn't riding like a top 5 tdf rider what exactly is he riding like?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Great, intelligent ride by Wiggo. Stuck to Vino like shit to a blanket (That similie should please the Brit-haters on here! :D ) Looks like he may be on for the first British winner of a French stage race since?
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • frenchfighter
    edited June 2011
    Time gaps are pretty large considering. Kern doing a great job moving up to 5th from 11th.

Stage 6 Results
    1 RODRIGUEZ OLIVER, Joaquin (KATUSHA) 5h 12' 47"
    2 GESINK, Robert (RABOBANK) + 00' 31"
    3 VAN DEN BROECK, Jurgen (OMEGA PHARMA-LOTTO) + 00' 39"
    4 KERN, Christophe (EUROPCAR) + 00' 41"
    5 VINOKOUROV, Alexandre (ASTANA) + 00' 50"
    6 WIGGINS, Bradley (SKY) + 00' 54"
    7 SÖRENSEN, Chris (SAXO BANK SUNGARD) + 01' 00"
    8 PERAUD, Jean-Christophe (AG2R LA MONDIALE) + 01' 06"
    9 EVANS, Cadel (BMC RACING) + 01' 09"
    10 VOECKLER, Thomas (EUROPCAR) + 01' 58"

General Classification after Stage 6
    1 WIGGINS, Bradley (SKY) 23h 16' 11"
    2 EVANS, Cadel (BMC RACING) + 01' 26"
    3 VINOKOUROV, Alexandre (ASTANA) + 01' 52"
    4 VAN DEN BROECK, Jurgen (OMEGA PHARMA-LOTTO) + 02' 13"
    5 KERN, Christophe (EUROPCAR) + 02' 52"
    6 RODRIGUEZ OLIVER, Joaquin (KATUSHA) + 03' 01"
    7 PERAUD, Jean-Christophe (AG2R LA MONDIALE) + 03' 30"
    8 SIVTSOV, Kanstantsin (HTC-HIGHROAD) + 04' 14"
    9 BRAJKOVIC, Janez (RADIOSHACK) + 04' 22"
    10 VOECKLER, Thomas (EUROPCAR) + 04' 27"
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    If you can I would listen to the French commentators - really, really good to follow along with the racing. Exciting, accurate and informative. They have Jalabert commentating too at the moment, who incidentally was saying how he was reassured that Evans wasnt on peak form and that Wiggins was looking too good and slim too early.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    edited June 2011
    FJS wrote:
    josame wrote:
    FJS wrote:
    josame wrote:
    How much time did EBH lose??
    Doesn't really matter does it? He's unlikely to survive the last 2 stages.

yee of such little faith
    Just realistic. I know some see him as a GC rider, but don't know why really. He has never shown anything in the high mountains, has he? Oman perhaps, but February in the desert doesn't really count. As if being good at sprints, TTs and hills isn't impressive enough.

Uh huh...I'm hearing ya

I think he sustained his pace for a good length of time for a non-climber
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,207
    Excellent riding from Wiggins, he still not a world class climber and lacks the explosive power to attack on the hills ( despite and over excited Kirby suggesting he might go for the stage win!). He kept calm when Vino attacked and also when Evans made a brief effort it must have been tempting to go into the red to stop them getting a gap. Superb turn on the front by EBH and nice to see him showing glimpses of that early promise again let's hope he can stay injury free. Gesink looks like coming to form at the right time. What happened to G? Did he get held up in the cow incident? Saw him off the back but he got back briefly just before the pace went stupid approaching the final climb.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,383
    Pross wrote:
    What happened to G? Did he get held up in the cow incident? Saw him off the back but he got back briefly just before the pace went stupid approaching the final climb.

He said on Twitter: "Haven't felt like that in a while. Blew up with 35km to go. Gels and cola got me through though. Was worth it mind!! One day to go!!". And also "See the cows/bulls whatever they were today?! They were actually s**ting themselves!!" :)
  • RichN95.
    Looks like he may be on for the first British winner of a French stage race since?

Ben Swift - Tour of Picardie, last year.

It'll be the first major stage race win (in any country) since Robert Millar at the Dauphine back in 1990.
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    Great ride today by Brad, I knew he had it in him to climb better than Cuddles. Whilst his climbing wasn't perhaps where it needs to be for the tour he is still looking good for a strong top10 especially with his TT abilities, should make a couple of minutes on the likes of Schleck. Basso, Sanchez etc. How good was EBH? brilliant stuff. I think G and Uran wore themselves out on stage 5.

On another note... Is FF Carlton Kirby? At one point in the commentary Kirby described Tommy Voekler as a "true champion" ;)
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Cogidubnus wrote:
    On another note... Is FF Carlton Kirby? At one point in the commentary Kirby described Tommy Voekler as a "true champion" ;)

Are you Paul Sherwen? Tommy Voeckler?
  • RichN95.
    Are you Paul Sherwen? Tommy Voeckler?

He's widely referred to as Tommy by English language fans/media. Or TV Tommy if you want to be slightly derogatory.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    RichN95 wrote:
    He's widely referred to as Tommy by English language fans/media. Or TV Tommy if you want to be slightly derogatory.

Are you sure about that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOK1sXXHWMg

:D
  • apriliarider
    apriliarider Posts: 222
    Wiggins may not be a Contador or a Schleck but he is a brit, gives what he can and is the best chance we have for a GT podium at the moment.

He may fail but I for one am right behind him.

Whatever happens this afternoon I am really impressed with Wiggins - he looks lean and very focused.

If he can get top five at the TdF then fantastic - if not then I am sure him and the team will have given it their best.

Chapeau Bradley 8)
  • shakey88
    shakey88 Posts: 289
    Wiggins may not be a Contador or a Schleck but he is a brit, gives what he can and is the best chance we have for a GT podium at the moment.

He may fail but I for one am right behind him.

Whatever happens this afternoon I am really impressed with Wiggins - he looks lean and very focused.

If he can get top five at the TdF then fantastic - if not then I am sure him and the team will have given it their best.

Chapeau Bradley 8)

+1 Go Bradley!