Comments

• dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    you fickle anti-dopers have had a good day
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Dave_1 wrote:

Seems pretty quiet to me. 8 pages in 24 hours? Bert and his beef probably had 20+ in the same time.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    afx237vi wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

Seems pretty quiet to me. 8 pages in 24 hours? Bert and his beef probably had 20+ in the same time.

Bert was a surprise.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Dave_1 wrote:

Is that a bit like being a fickle poster? Welcome back, btw.

TBH, if something like this is going to break, as we knew it would, better in the middle of a GT, from your POV, when there is actual, important racing.....................somedays.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Armstrong strategist Mark Fabiani, who represented Bill Clinton during Whitewater

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,461
    Ms Tree wrote:
    Armstrong strategist Mark Fabiani, who represented Bill Clinton during Whitewater

If www.facts4lance.com is the best he can come up with, then I'm astonished Clinton avoided impeachment.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    andyp wrote:
    If www.facts4lance.com is the best he can come up with, then I'm astonished Clinton avoided impeachment.

There was one major difference between Fabiani's clients in that one and this current case.

But let's not get into 90's US politics here.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    OK Rich do tell. After all some bloke commited suicide over it all didn't he.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,559
    andyp wrote:
    Ms Tree wrote:

I've been trying to work out whether it's incredibly bad or deliberately amateurish in a "know your target audience" way.

Having had a peek at the construction of the site and a few other details (search engine optimisation etc.) I can confirm the former. It's been knocked out by a 12 year old for pocket money. His classmates wrote the content as part of a school project. I'm tempted to check it through for spelling mistakes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Ms Tree wrote:
    OK Rich do tell. After all some bloke commited suicide over it all didn't he.

I'm not fully versed in the matter, but I believe that the Clintons are generally considered innocent of any wrong doing (plenty of people weren't).

Any way enough of that, Stannard's just gone fastest in the TT.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • jp1985
    jp1985 Posts: 434
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CYC_ARMSTRONG_DOPING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-05-20-18-44-02

Hincapie has supposedly testified to GJ that he and armstrong supplied each other with testosterone and EPO
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Wow, maybe not a surprise in the grand scheme of things though.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=13651346
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Do you like apples?

Do you?

I do.

Especially Them Apples.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    {HINCAPIE IS NOT CREDIBLE}
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Wow. I mean, Wow.

It's gonna be the 2 ply shawl, the Aran and possibly a crocheted waistcoat for me over the next few weeks.

Wow.

C'mon Jonathan. We're all waiting.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    would Hincapie really let splip to anyone what he had told the GJ ?

Sort of guess it is good news more people are saying things out in the open but until we hear anything from the GJ does it really mean anything ?
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    I think it means Lance's credibility is in free fall.
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    edited May 2011
    jp1985 wrote:
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CYC_ARMSTRONG_DOPING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-05-20-18-44-02

Hincapie has supposedly testified to GJ that he and armstrong supplied each other with testosterone and EPO
    Good old George!
    JBVBW.gif
  • Ok, just read all nine pages and there many ethical questions at stake.
    However the affect of bringing down lance, whatever the motivation/truth/untruth etc etc will destroy the LA Foundation and the affect of that is simply not in the positive.
    Just my sideways take as all the discussed angles are speculation in the absence of ultimate proof.
  • Airmiles
    Airmiles Posts: 101
    Airmiles wrote:

Just as an exercise I decided to look on Wiki as to who, through ignorance or blind faith, I'd feel comfortable as being declared the winner of the 1999 Tour.

Step forward Kurt van De Wouwer from 11th place.

..by which logic it's only 8 years since the last French winner (Christoph Moreau), and Cuddles can retire happy with a Tour (2004) to add to the WC on his palmares...

Cuddles sure! Moreau? I have no illusions whatever about him! (and I speak as a man who sometimes convinces himself Simoni was clean!) Who was 5th?

:oops: must've lost my Festina team sheet...
    I'm not saying pedestrians in Hackney are stupid.. but a fixed bayonet would be more use than a fixed gear...
  • AndyRubio
    However the affect of bringing down lance, whatever the motivation/truth/untruth etc etc will destroy the LA Foundation and the affect of that is simply not in the positive.
    Perhaps, but my take is slightly different. IF Lance doped (and there's currently no legal proof that he did) THEN all it means is that the playing field was pretty much level. He was still a fcking great rider. If he had been the only rider to take PEDs then it would undermine his greatness and yes destroy everything he set up.
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    AndyRubio wrote:
    Perhaps, but my take is slightly different. IF Lance doped (and there's currently no legal proof that he did) THEN all it means is that the playing field was pretty much level. He was still a fcking great rider. If he had been the only rider to take PEDs then it would undermine his greatness and yes destroy everything he set up.

I agree he was still a great rider however, IF he doped would you not feel his behaviour was disgusting knowing that?
  • AndyRubio
    He's no role model either way.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,559
    Tusher wrote:
    Wow. I mean, Wow.

It's gonna be the 2 ply shawl, the Aran and possibly a crocheted waistcoat for me over the next few weeks.

Wow.

C'mon Jonathan. We're all waiting.

I could do with a jumper for the winter....

Has Vaughters testified to the GJ?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • AndyRubio wrote:

I agree he was still a great rider however, IF he doped would you not feel his behaviour was disgusting knowing that?

Yes, certain truths will satisfy those that feel cheated by his actions Vs the effect on those benefiting from the foundation. History destroying futures ?
  • CyclingBantam
    I don't agree that a lie should continue for the 'benefit' of others.

Whilst people will clearly have got strenght from seeing what Armstrong achieved I think it is patronising to imply this would crush or distroy them.
  • Sorry but the foundation would collapse and hurt so many "truly" innocent people just to prove lance was as bad as all the others.
  • What would this page look like if lance is ever brought down?

http://www.livestrong.org/What-We-Do/Ou ... Money-Goes
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232

Yes, certain truths will satisfy those that feel cheated by his actions Vs the effect on those benefiting from the foundation. History destroying futures ?

With all due respect the LA Foundation isn't the only charity helping Cancer patients.

I don't see why it should undermine the charities work anyway. Surely the cause would still make it worth giving to regardless of the sporting ethics of the head-figure.... or is it the people who would be fickle enough to not donate upon LA's possible downfall who lack moral fibre? Even if they did decide to not donate to the LA Foundation they would make their donation to another Cancer foundation as that's their intention, right... to fight cancer? So no net loss...

I'm just trying to be balanced here, i have no true opinion as i don't know the facts and we are simply speculating here with the investigation ongoing. What i can say is that if i gave to a charity because of my fondness towards the head-figure/PR face then i'd be donating for all the wrong reasons IMO.
  • CyclingBantam
    So because some people would be hurt someone else should go unpunished for their crimes? That seems a strange viewpoint to me.

Does the Livestrong foundation and the 'story' of Lance give people support - Yes, I'm sure it does.

Will said peoples lives be seriously impacted if the truth comes out - No, I don't believe they will.

Also, there is debate if Lance was as bad or worse than the others. With great power, which he clearly had, comes great responsibility. Corny cliche I know, but valid.