Tyler sinks the Lance

Comments

• cajun_cyclist
    cajun_cyclist Posts: 493
    I always thought it was reprehensible that he would keep his 2004 Athens Olympic Gold and he acted so arrogantly about it.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:

He's corroborated the Tour de Suisse failed test which was covered up in 2001.

He corroborated that Lance said there was a failed test. Subtle, but important difference.

I stand corrected.
  • rick_chasey
    Hamilton gave me the middle finger at the ToB once.

I'd had a few beers with some saffas (which they gave me for free!) and we were booing all the Rock Racing guys. He wasn't impressed.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

I know someone, formerly of this parish, who was given a place to stay in Girona by Tyler.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rick_chasey
    iainf72 wrote:

I know someone, formerly of this parish, who was given a place to stay in Girona by Tyler.

I have a faint memory of you mentioning this in the pub....
  • iainf72
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    iainf72 wrote:
    The eye-witness stuff from Tyler is all over 8 years old. That could make a difference. Can the UCI do anything at this point?
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,461
    JonGinge wrote:
    The eye-witness stuff from Tyler is all over 8 years old. That could make a difference. Can the UCI do anything at this point?

Brief their legal team to prepare for an IOC investigation into alleged corruption?

As Armstrong has retired the UCI have no jurisdiction whatsoever in relation to him.
  • vs
    vs Posts: 468
    I chatted to Tyler Hamilton for 20 minutes at a cafe/shack at top of Lefthand Canyon, near Boulder, CO in July 2006.

Very nice, down to earth chap. He mentioned none of this to me.... :wink:
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    vs wrote:
    I chatted to Tyler Hamilton for 20 minutes at a cafe/shack at top of Lefthand Canyon, near Boulder, CO in July 2006.

Very nice, down to earth chap. He mentioned none of this to me.... :wink:

I met the "vanishing twin" for 20 minutes at an opium house in Vietnam in 2006.

He was out of this world. He mentioned nothing about all this as well.
  • Dgh
    Dgh Posts: 180

Indurain shared it around comment by rick rings true as well

I have no idea whether Indurain kept accomplices sweet somehow, but I suspect that the difference in personality between him and LA may also account for some of this. LA's willingness to self-promote has attracted more attention and his brashness may well have alienated both cycling fans and some of those close to him.

Indurain was a boring rider, but a classy guy. I don't know whether he was clean. He dominated the Tour against highly suspicious opponents, but what I like about him is that he keeps quiet. I've seen Spanish TV go to the likes of Heras or Delgado for quotes on doping stories, but I've not seen Indurain comment on them.

Lance, on the other hand, was a very entertaining rider, won his Tours with panache, but he evidence against him is mounting.

If he eventually falls, it won't kill cycling. If his fall brings down others, it might save it. But cycling has little credibility, and that isn't all Lance's fault. It's the fault of every pro rider who ever cheated and didn't 'fess up.
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    Other sports have had dominant teams or people.

Pete Sampras
    Michael Schumacher
    Ferrari in Formula 1
    Manchester utd

Lots of people say that Lance must had cheated because everyone that joined him on the podium have now admitted to cheating.

Does that mean every time second place is found to have cheated that the winner was also a cheat?

In formula 1, MaClaren was to have cheated in 2007. They didnt even win, does that mean that the actually winners cheated too, but was never found out?
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Markwb79 wrote:
    Lots of people say that Lance must had cheated because everyone that joined him on the podium have now admitted to cheating.

No, they don't. Most people say he must of cheated because of the mountain of evidence which suggests he did.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    RichN95 wrote:
    Markwb79 wrote:

No, they don't. Most people say he must have cheated because of the mountain of evidence which suggests he did.

Sorry, should have put 'A lot of people say'
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • Airmiles
    Airmiles Posts: 101

Just as an exercise I decided to look on Wiki as to who, through ignorance or blind faith, I'd feel comfortable as being declared the winner of the 1999 Tour.

Step forward Kurt van De Wouwer from 11th place.

..by which logic it's only 8 years since the last French winner (Christoph Moreau), and Cuddles can retire happy with a Tour (2004) to add to the WC on his palmares...
    I'm not saying pedestrians in Hackney are stupid.. but a fixed bayonet would be more use than a fixed gear...
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    deejay wrote:
    [

Dream on Mc Gub and do the Ostrich trick again.

You really are a bitter and twisted individual aren't you ,when you used the death of a rider last week to have a dig at another rider that said it all for me. Also you seem quite at ease using other posters nationalities to have your little digs as well., whats wrong are you not comfortable with your own nationality or something ? As for lance i couldn't really give a monkeys either way if he goes down he goes down if he doesn't he doesn't unlike many on here who are almost pissing their pants in anticipation of whats possibly to come, its almost becomes certain posters raison d'être .
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • RichN95.
    Snorebens wrote:
    and his reply:

"@lancearmstrong thanks Lanse! see if this guy has a bolls to return the medal honestly."

No stench here, oh no

Hamilton has had the 'bolls to return the medal honestly'

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/21/sport ... medal.html
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    RichN95 wrote:
    Snorebens wrote:
    and his reply:

"@lancearmstrong thanks Lanse! see if this guy has a bolls to return the medal honestly."

No stench here, oh no

Hamilton has had the 'bolls to return the medal honestly'

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/21/sport ... medal.html

he could hardly do otherwise could he.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Calling JV..........Calling JV...........Calling JV......

Time to tell all.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Airmiles wrote:

Just as an exercise I decided to look on Wiki as to who, through ignorance or blind faith, I'd feel comfortable as being declared the winner of the 1999 Tour.

..by which logic it's only 8 years since the last French winner (Christoph Moreau), and Cuddles can retire happy with a Tour (2004) to add to the WC on his palmares...

Cuddles sure! Moreau? I have no illusions whatever about him! (and I speak as a man who sometimes convinces himself Simoni was clean!) Who was 5th?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730

Cycling weekly did this back in 2008

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... -2008.html

Also,

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... -2008.html
    http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... -2007.html
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Jeez, they were kind there! They let a right rogues gallery slide!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • iainf72
    But it says on facts4lance Tyler has a deal to keep his medal

How can this be right?
  • 9jan11
    9jan11 Posts: 67
    I chatted to Tyler Hamilton for 20 minutes . He mentioned none of this to me.... Wink

That's because it takes 60 minutes for him to open up.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    iainf72 wrote:
    But it says on facts4lance Tyler has a deal to keep his medal

How can this be right?

I want to know how your friend Duncan Harper or roadrash dunc feels from 04. I am not outraged but I am not picky about dopers. A doper is a doper!
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    Statement of Mark Fabiani, Counsel to Lance Armstrong, in response to CBS Evening News story:

MAY
    Tyler Hamilton is a confessed liar in search of a book deal – and he managed to dupe 60 Minutes, the CBS Evening News, and new anchor Scott Pelley. Most people, though, will see this for exactly what it is: More washed-up cyclists talking trash for cash.

Counsel? Sounds no better than a keyboard warrior.
  • RichN95.
    Luckao wrote:
    Statement of Mark Fabiani, Counsel to Lance Armstrong, in response to CBS Evening News story:

MAY
    Tyler Hamilton is a confessed liar in search of a book deal – and he managed to dupe 60 Minutes, the CBS Evening News, and new anchor Scott Pelley. Most people, though, will see this for exactly what it is: More washed-up cyclists talking trash for cash.

Counsel? Sounds no better than a keyboard warrior.

You have to remember that his background is in US politics.
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    RichN95 wrote:
    Markwb79 wrote:

No, they don't. Most people say he must have cheated because of the mountain of evidence which suggests he did.

If there's this mountain of evidence, why hasn't anything come of it?

Genuine question- I'm not really a fanboy. But at the same time it's all a bit "he did, because everybody knows he did" and I'm not really willing to convict somebody on that sort of rationale. If all these people know different and have the evidence to prove it, why doesn't it come out? Obviously LA's camp could bring a lot of legal weight to bear, but they can't go around silencing everybody can they?
  • iainf72
    MrChuck wrote:

Because the feds have been investigating for a year and have been keeping what they know very quiet. Which is frustrating everyone, but especially the LA camp.
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    iainf72 wrote:
    MrChuck wrote:

Because the feds have been investigating for a year and have been keeping what they know very quiet. Which is frustrating everyone, but especially the LA camp.

So is there a sort of timetable for this then, or a big trial (or whatever's appropriate) at the end of it?