whiteboytrash
whiteboytrash Posts: 594
edited September 2011 in Pro race
Game over for Big Tex now.

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Tyler has less credibility than Floyd.

When people like Hincapie talk (publicly), that'll make people listen.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868

Credibility??? Catch yourself, this is pro cycling. Credibility left the building a long time ago.

Hamilton, like Flandis, was there. People are going to listen.

Once the teammates start talking...
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    A year to the day. Coincidence...
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157

So let me get this right. Hamilton gets a subpoena and under oath decides to confess he doped and also that LA doped, whilst at the same time confirming Landis' claim of a UCI coverup.

With the serious repercussions of lying under oath, why would Hamlton now lie?

The fact LA is now pushing a website (www.facts4lance.com), which apparently has just been registered as a domain this same day, it sounds like Lance acknowledges a huge PR drive is now needed.

You mig not think Hamilton has much cred, but his letter / 60 minutes segment has stirred LA into action.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Bravo Tyler. I knew you'd do the right thing eventually.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    I believe Tyler

Sorry couldn't resist
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Tugboat would be proud...
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    We must tell Basso and Ullrich that they won the Tour de France; Hoorah!
    Ah, I forget they were busted too; we'll have to go down the GC on all the previous Tours and see who's left; na, just give it Christophe Bassons as i can't be bothered.
    More fun and games ahead!

-Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Making the BBC radio news, nice to see the Sport of Professional Bike Racing get coverage :)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I don't know anything about Tyler, what's his story? I get the impression that some people view him as less than credible, but I don't know on what basis that's being done.
  • TMR
    dougzz wrote:
    Making the BBC radio news, nice to see the Sport of Professional Bike Racing get coverage :)

We need to get some T-shirts printed with classic Phil & Paul quotes :)
  • iainf72
    I don't know anything about Tyler, what's his story? I get the impression that some people view him as less than credible, but I don't know on what basis that's being done.

Tested + for a blood transfusions in 04, in the Olympics (but they messed up the B test) and then in the Vuelta. Fought it with an odd defence. Came back, tested positive for something in an anti-depressive medication and went away.

Long time team mate of Armstrong, also on CSC and Phonak. Customer of Dr Fuentes and people used to like him for his gutsy riding.

As Steffan Prentice put it, he was proof nice guys doped.
  • TMR
    Aah...

Thanks Iain.
  • Snorebens
    Snorebens Posts: 759
    http://www.facts4lance.com/

On the 'Wasted Taxpayers dollars' link, they use three qoutes from Playboy magazine and... Steroids Rx. You couldn't make this up.

End game's a-coming fo shore.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    dougzz wrote:

Lance will have to do An Incredible Job of Work to keep all this at bay,

But seriously, I just saw this on the guardian website with a headline 'drug denial: I saw Lance take EPO says former teammate' and I thought why are they dragging the Landis stuff up again, but no, its Hamilton.

Surely Hamilton isn't regarded with such suspicion as Landis? Thus making this a whole lot harder for Lance?

Mad Rapper, that is an excellent idea. In cycling weekly there are a few cycling specific t-shirt makers, maybe one of them could do it?
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844

The readers comments are priceless. One of these numbskull's is even convinced that its all a french government plot! :roll:
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    How many old USPS doping cyclists does it take to change Lance's lightbulb?
    Fanboys to furiously bang the credibility drum, while haters will smile and twist the knife.
    Middle ground might be to look at motivation and timing.

I suspect most of us always knew this might be on the cards.
    It had all gone very quite. Often the case before a storm arrives.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    For the people who don't know-
    Tyler Hamilton known for grinding his teeth down to the stumps when in pain with broken shoulder(??) on the Tour de France and him abandoning the Tour de France as his dog "Tugboat" died.
    Known as a nice bloke but hit on hard times when caught for naughties.

This above, is all from memory and I have a bad memory. :?

Below, some sexed up film with him in it-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laPCkx9Fx5c

-Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Tyler denied his doping for years. Remember the I believe Tyler fund ? And the invoice in his wifes maiden name for dope ?

I don't disbelieve his story but just like Landis - he's lied for years anyway so why believe this now ? Armstrong will bat this one away.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,461
    He won't bat away the federal charges when they come though, will he?
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    iainf72 wrote:

Tested + for a blood transfusions in 04, in the Olympics (but they messed up the B test) and then in the Vuelta. Fought it with an odd defence. Came back, tested positive for something in an anti-depressive medication and went away.

Long time team mate of Armstrong, also on CSC and Phonak. Customer of Dr Fuentes and people used to like him for his gutsy riding.

As Steffan Prentice put it, he was proof nice guys doped.

His 'odd defence' was that he was one of twins, the other having died in the womb and somehow the foetus had been absorbed by the Tyler foetus resulting in blood anomalies. Tyler doesn't mention how he was happy to leave Lance and board the CSC/Phonak teams. Guys like Landis and Floyd can say what they like but they lost credibillity years ago. As above, if Hinchapie was to say something that would be different. Still all hearsay tho' without any evidence.
    M.Rushton
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206

There was something on the CBS website about Hamilton looking for a book deal? But also he's subpoena'd/under oath isn't he?
  • iainf72
    cougie wrote:

I don't disbelieve his story but just like Landis - he's lied for years anyway so why believe this now ? Armstrong will bat this one away.

It looks like he's worrying a lot more. They're after the money trail and they'll find it.

If someone "credible" backed up what Tyler / Floyd say, will they suddenly become credible?
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Jesus, there must be something I care less about than the validity of the results of a sporting event, but I just can't think what it would be right now. It's just entertainment FFS, like TV gameshows or trolling on internet forums.
  • iainf72
    MrTapir wrote:

There was something on the CBS website about Hamilton looking for a book deal? But also he's subpoena'd/under oath isn't he?

He told the truth because if he didn't he'd go to jail. The book deal thing is a load of nonsense.
  • andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    I'm interested that Hincapie just says' no comment' on the whole drug issue, no denial, no 'I never saw Lance use PB's' , no agreement. I feel a 'no comment' on issues of this magnitude is quite damning.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • disgruntledgoat
    cougie wrote:
    Tyler denied his doping for years. Remember the I believe Tyler fund ? And the invoice in his wifes maiden name for dope ?

But surely it's going to test the faith of Americas recent converts to cycling... They were told Hamilton and Landis were destroyed by the evil French as revenge for Armstrong's dominance of the Tour (cue graph and sociology lecture!) and are now being forced to confront the fact that a lot of the ground they were building their faith on was, in fact bogus.

As to Jerry, it was the Giro he ground his teeth down in, here endeth the pedantry.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    iainf72 wrote:
    MrTapir wrote:

He told the truth because if he didn't he'd go to jail. The book deal thing is a load of nonsense.

Erm, at which point did he tell the truth and at which point did he just say what the person asking the questions want to hear?

(No Fanboy!).
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • disgruntledgoat
    What i don't understand about the argument that these guys are lying/have no credibility is that surely the motivation to lie when you're going to lose your livlihood, money, status and professional accomplishments is stronger than it is a decade later when you're broke and are being told you'll go to jail if you lie.

That argument doesn't stack up, for me anyway.

@gietvangent