London Cycle Challenge 2011 - Site Open

Comments

• ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Added another 25 tonight and hopefully will be doing 60+ tomorrow. Must get above 300 miles before Friday...
  • bdave262000
    bdave262000 Posts: 270
    Bloody close with the Sky boys at the moment, I'm off camping with the kids tomorrow so my milage has topped out at a modest 336miles. Might get a quick ride in early tomorrow to take it up to 350.
    Fat lads take longer to stop.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Well that's a bit more like it.

Just under 10 miles, not too painful, and all of them enjoyable. Even turned round at one point to repeat a descent (one of them medium pace sweeping buggers without too much gravel) 'cos I enjoyed it. A shade over 16mph too; the kind of ride that makes me think I could get back to loving this.

Just got the "elite" badge too; methinks they've set the barriers a little low (again).

[edit]: Looks like we've just passed 32000 miles, too. Win.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • With SKY now having 111 members as opposed to our 91 they can't really be classed as rivals because they're now well into the 100+ league. Still, they're our nearest team so I'm keeping them in the graphs. They have a small lead but a much lower miles per participant average. I reckon we can still beat them.

SCRpoints1407.png

The top two are on a completely different planet to the rest of us but one rider has made his own bid for an alternative reality by already cycling tomorrow's miles!?!
    PremiershipElite1407.png

ChampionshipElite1407.png

For some reason Paul E has appeared on the Championship graph but I'm pretty certain he's still holding onto his jersey at the top of the Cycle Stars.

CycleChampionsandstars1407.png
  • And this final morning's random graph is the current average miles per rider...(SCR =355.96)

ave1507.png

Happy cycling!
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    Cheers for all the Graph's, they have been great.

I'm gutted but I am going to be relegated at the last minute. No cycling for me today ahead of my trip to the alps this weekend.. Been a really poor month for me.

Snif... :cry:
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    last miles submitted today.... think I'm going to have a rest this weekend, especially with the weather forecast
  • the other me
    the other me Posts: 114
    and thats the last miles added from me.

I'm now off to eat 110 cakes :D
    (that's how this works, right?)
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    The top two are on a completely different planet to the rest of us but one rider has made his own bid for an alternative reality by already cycling tomorrow's miles!?!
    Sorry, that was me. No opportunity to ride anything other than the standard commute today, and didn't want to risk forgetting, so I entered the miles yesterday while I was logged in.

Many thanks for the awesome graphs, they've made things a lot more interesting :-)
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Late surge in activity from me, but nowhere near enough. Let it slip too much in the middle of the month to seriously threaten the Premier league. Nice to break the 300 mile barrier, though.

Next year I'm thinking of doing the Raid Pyreneen around this time of year, so there could be some mileage in that. :D
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Is now a good time to mention that the prestige of the jersey competitions goes yellow, green, polka?
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • JonGinge wrote:
    Is now a good time to mention that the prestige of the jersey competitions goes yellow, green, polka?

I could do that.

Or you could post up a link to a small gif - most if not all of the teams colours are probably available on Wikipedia - of whatever team jersey you'd like to be wearing in the final classification table.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Right, logged in my tour miles..... could be enough for a Champions league place.... never know!! Love to see a final graph if possible?

Oh, for the record, did 537 miles in 8 days and raised over £1,000 for charity... with a hard final 90 miles over 4 1 in 4 gradient climbs....
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Right, logged in my tour miles..... could be enough for a Champions league place.... never know!! Love to see a final graph if possible?

Oh, for the record, did 537 miles in 8 days and raised over £1,000 for charity... with a hard final 90 miles over 4 1 in 4 gradient climbs....

My pleasure, Wallace :lol: Considering the climbs you've been doing, it just has to be King of the Mountains for you! (Note that there are still some miles to be added to the tables - notably KeyserSoze - so the graph's not final but I can't see anyone taking your shirt away!)

Excellent work!

(I'll put the other graphs onto this post as soon as I do them.)

PremiershipElite1507.png

ChampionshipElite1507.png

CycleChampionsandstars1507.png
    SCRpoints1507.png
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    That's the last of my points up. Next year 300 is the target to definitely get and 400 to aim for
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Just logged my last miles. Disappointed that I didn't break 500 for the month but the last week coincided with the wife getting very social and so being out of having organised things for us so no RP laps for me :(

There's always next year.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Final miles added.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Shame with broken wheel and holiday I only managed 8 days. Still 220 mile isn't bad for 8 days I guess.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Sketchley wrote:
    Shame with broken wheel and holiday I only managed 8 days. Still 220 mile isn't bad for 8 days I guess.

Surely you rode Bealach-na-Ba on a bmx just to get some additional miles.
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Do we need any more miles? I have a few in the puter I've not downloaded yet... Looks liek we're OK though right?
  • prj45 wrote:
    Do we need any more miles? I have a few in the puter I've not downloaded yet... Looks liek we're OK though right?

Yes, as Pufftmw says, the site's now saying something like ''closed, come back tomorrow for results.''

But when I last looked, and that was after the shut off time of 6pm, we had clearly come first in our category. And we were something like 1500 points ahead of SKY, so even if they had some dastardly plan to shed players and drop into our league, it wouldn't have worked.

So, I think we've done it. Just before they pulled the tables, I managed to update my spreadsheet, so the graphs - excepting the points graph which will have to wait till tomorrow* - will go up as soon as I've watched today's fix of TdF highlights.

*though as tomorrow's my birthday I can't say exactly when... :wink:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Where do I get my 90 cupcakes from, Greggs?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • I think this is how it all ended up. Bar the midday prizegiving... :lol:
    PremiershipElite1507final.png
    ChampionshipElite1507final.png
    CycleChampionsandstars1507final.png
  • richVSrich
    richVSrich Posts: 527
    cheers DM! graphs have been awesome!

aiming to break in to the premiership next year, although that would mean effectively doing an extra 200 miles in the month! :S a slight whisky tango foxtrot forming in my head!

northstar and gbsahne...i am in awe!
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Just made it into the Premiership, and in the process lost a jersey in the Championship. It will be a long way to get to the top of the new division next year
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    Mid-table mediocracy, need to spend some moeny in the transfer market and aim for a Champions league position next year.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,382
    Dead chuffed to be in the Premiership (albeit fairly low down the table), considering that it was all commuting/shopping miles and I had a week's holiday during the challenge period. With a full month, I'd be comfortably up around 650 miles, but unlikely to get anywhere near the 1300-odd miles of Messrs gbsahne and northstar.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Pipped at the line for the KoM jersey. Gutted I couldn't include the 200km of hurricane-powered monsoon riding on Sunday too. Will try to top 1000 miles next year :)
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    JZed wrote:
    Mid-table mediocracy, need to spend some moeny in the transfer market and aim for a Champions league position next year.
    JZed wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Zipps are the only solution. Go and buy them. :wink:

Seems that may be the case. The Max version is specifically designed for the heavy rider (up to 19 stone). Hefty price-tag - time to start saving.

QED
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo