London Cycle Challenge 2011 - Site Open

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Another 82 miles added today; 46 mile TT and 36 miles pottering about. Hard work and I don't think I like TTs.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Asprilla wrote:
    Another 82 miles added today; 46 mile TT and 36 miles pottering about. Hard work and I don't think I like TTs.

Here's the maillot équipe table just to make all that effort worthwhile.
    SCRpoints1007.png

Puts you up into 4th position too.

(Of course, I'm only posting this graph up because I've hoisted myself into the premiership. Ok, so I cycled past the West Ham ground yesterday, and look where being bottom of the league got them....)

Meanwhile, another swap in position at the head of the table. Phenomenal mileage!

PremiershipElite1007.png
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    davis wrote:
    Well, that was horrible.

Only 18.3 miles. About 15 miles in I was finding it hard to breathe properly. Allegedly my stomach's no longer moving correctly within my chest cavity which in turn is making it difficult for my ribs to expand. Had to give up and pack it in.

Of course, finding out my front brake was rubbing about 8 miles in didn't help. Poor fettlage.

/grumble

Jesus. I see what you mean now.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Asprilla wrote:
    Sounds like you were doing the same TT as I was; that race was seriously hard.....

Edit: We really should get extra credit for racing miles. Or something.....
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • asprilla
    TGOTB wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    Sounds like you were doing the same TT as I was; that race was seriously hard.....

Edit: We really should get extra credit for racing miles. Or something.....

Did you ride back? After a nice fry-up okgo and I rode on to Brighton and then got the train back to London. I went off at 34 and was caught by my minuteman within 9 minutes! 2.16.11 for me and 2.17 .20 for okgo.

We both got lost at different points, but not by much so I doubt it made much difference.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Asprilla wrote:
    Did you ride back? After a nice fry-up okgo and I rode on to Brighton and then got the train back to London. I went off at 34 and was caught by my minuteman within 9 minutes! 2.16.11 for me and 2.17 .20 for okgo.

We both got lost at different points, but not by much so I doubt it made much difference.
    I went off at 24, for a pu****re-assisted 2.15.47. Unfortunately the effort to stay ahead of my minuteman (who eventually passed me at Dorking) for as long as possible meant I rode the first 10 a bit too much like a 10, resulting in rather more pain later on :(

Was sufficiently nervous about going wrong that I "rode" critical parts of the route in advance using Google Streetview. Seemed to work, and was a great psychological benefit over the last few miles when I started recognising landmarks.

I was originally thinking of riding back, but promised myself about halfway there, that if I didn't back off before the finish I'd allow myself to get the train back. After breakfast I pootled along the coast as far as Shoreham, and picked the train up there...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Oh cøck.

I just joined the Elites.... :cry:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    Been working nights for two weekends in this comp so have misses two club runs which would have been worth about 150 miles. Got my commute then another 36 miles in tonight so I am desperately hoping to sneak in to the bottom of the Premiership. It is going to be close though. You lot up there are relentless.

Loving the graphs Mr Marmosett. Thanks a lot and keep it up!!
  • Been working nights for two weekends in this comp so have misses two club runs which would have been worth about 150 miles. Got my commute then another 36 miles in tonight so I am desperately hoping to sneak in to the bottom of the Premiership. It is going to be close though. You lot up there are relentless.

Loving the graphs Mr Marmosett. Thanks a lot and keep it up!!

I only did 9 miles yesterday so you might already have taken my place at the very bottom of the Premiership. :cry:

I've got a busy day today so I'll be late updating the graphs. I just noticed that SKY have picked up a few points and are now just 1000 points behind.
  • richVSrich
    richVSrich Posts: 527
    DM - every time i see that you are the latest to reply, i am expecting new graphs! :) but then I saw this:

... I've got a busy day today so I'll be late updating the graphs. I just noticed that SKY have picked up a few points and are now just 1000 points behind.

YAYYYY!!! :)
  • asprilla
    Sky officially have 103 members. :twisted:
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Asprilla wrote:

ruh roh!
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Asprilla wrote:

ruh roh!

Is that a white flag I see? :lol: 12 less members and more mileage = WE ARE AWESOME!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    got Thursday off :D
  • Asprilla wrote:

ruh roh!

Is that a white flag I see? :lol: 12 less members and more mileage = WE ARE AWESOME!

So the challenge while they've got 12 more members is to stay ahead of them...there's only about 1000 points between us.

SCRpoints1207.png

Meanwhile, in the Premiership Elite, it looks a bit like a couple of échappées and a peloton, but that's only because the graph's showing a range difference of almost 1000 miles, so the mere humans look all squashed together

PremiershipElite1207.png

I spotted a new entrant today - grahammatthews - who's gone straight into the upper half of the 2nd division élite.
    ChampionshipElite1207.png

And another newcomer into the cycle champions and stars - prj45 - all ready for promotion

CycleChampionsandstars1207.png
  • CyclingBantam
    Woo Hoo I'm in the Premiership!! :D

Not for long though judging by some at the top of the Championship... :cry:

...erm, not that I have been checking or anything. I'm not competative... :oops:
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Just added another 80 to tip us over 30,000 miles total! :D

Chapeau everyone

We're only 17,000 miles behind the BBC. Northstar, GBSahne, I'm looking at you 8)
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • asprilla
    Hope I'm not tempting fate here, but:

I know we gate to Wheels for Wellbeing last year, but I was just wondering if anyone wanted to nominate someone else to give the goodies to this year?

Must admit that I'd like to see it go to Companion Cycling who operate out of Bushy Park on a Sunday. They do a similar sort of thing to WFW using adapted bikes that allow those who wouldn't normally be able to ride a bike to do what we take for granted every day.

I've got a personal connection when it comes to this in that a good friend's daughter who was born with learning difficulties and physical disabilities has recently started going along to sessions and it has opened up a whole new world of independence for her, which is just amazing to see. At 11 years old she could see that her six year old sister was starting to ride and thought she would never be able to do it so these guys have made a real and genuine difference to her life and it's wonderful to see.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • CyclingBantam
    Asprilla wrote:

I know we gate to Wheels for Wellbeing last year, but I was just wondering if anyone wanted to nominate someone else to give the goodies to this year?

Must admit that I'd like to see it go to Companion Cycling who operate out of Bushy Park on a Sunday. They do a similar sort of thing to WFW using adapted bikes that allow those who wouldn't normally be able to ride a bike to do what we take for granted every day.

I've got a personal connection when it comes to this in that a good friend's daughter who was born with learning difficulties and physical disabilities has recently started going along to sessions and it has opened up a whole new world of independence for her, which is just amazing to see. At 11 years old she could see that her six year old sister was starting to ride and thought she would never be able to do it so these guys have made a real and genuine difference to her life and it's wonderful to see.

Sounds a great cause. I am certainly happy to back this nomination.
  • bdave262000
    bdave262000 Posts: 270
    Asprilla wrote:

Sounds a great cause. I am certainly happy to back this nomination.

+1 Sounds excellent
    Fat lads take longer to stop.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    +1 for Companion Cycling, I think they got nominated last year but missed out to WFW in the final vote. Sounds like a thoroughly worthy cause.

Now we just have to make sure we bl00dy win :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    I know what it says on our website, as that is our usual Company charity, but we will add any prize we win to SCRs chosen charity as well. Would prefer it to go to a cycle specific charity as they will be able to make better use of it.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Sounds good. Nomination last year and more than a few 2nds here I think we have a winner.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • asprilla
    gbsahne wrote:
    poll?

Was going to start one one other nominations came in.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Not fussed where the prize goes, to be honest. Was too busy having fun doing the mileage. Just a real shame I can't add my DD miles to the tally as it's the day after the Challenge closes.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I'm not fussed either, my only concern is making sure I log more miles than CW which looks impossible at the mo, I blame her selling her daughter and getting a new bike.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Medders
    Medders Posts: 152
    Asprilla wrote:

+1 to this.

I see them in the park and it is evident that the guys and girls getting taken out love it. Am planning to volunteer to be a companion rider asap after the (now imminent) arrival of mini-medders

Riding:
    Canyon Nerve AL9.9 2014
    Honda CBR600f 2013
    Condor Fratello 2010
    Cervelo RS 2009
    Specialized Rockhopper Pro 2008
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    redvee wrote:
    I'm not fussed either, my only concern is making sure I log more miles than CW which looks impossible at the mo, I blame her selling her daughter and getting a new bike.

:lol::lol: :P
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    CycleChampionsandstars1207.png

Eagle eyed among you might have noticed, I haven't logged any miles for ages.

Sorry guys I went on holiday for a few days, and while I was away I manage to fudge up my back badly, so I've been unable to ride for a couple of weeks :cry::cry:
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs